đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

mainly why BTW was a decline in Gaga popularity

Hedi

Featured Posts

bionic

I'm sure that was a huge factor. I remember my non-fan friend saying "why's she releasing songs every week?" (referring to Judas, TEOG and Hair). It just confused everybody. Especially as TEOG, Hair and BTW sounded completely different to anything she'd done before. 

:hug:

buy bionic

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LaLuna

Born This Way did play a huge part in Gaga's so-called "decline" (although personally, I would call it casual/bandwagon fans leaving the fanbase while cementing the "real" fanbase, those who will support and follow Gaga no matter what), we already know that. But I'm sure that a couple years from now, when people look back on the BTW album/era, they will command Gaga for making such a bold album and taking risks.

high heeled fem

I'm getting so sick of people blaming BTW for everything going wrong in her career...

AbandonThread_zps5d25e05e.gif

I know its ****ing stupid and i disagree

I know people who LIKE her now because of BTW.......... like she reached a much much BIGGER crowd, and its her best album....this threads is a flop

If u wanna talk about disaster  promo look at ARTPOP

her image during the BTW era was a huge turn off for everyone, even her own fanabase, those horns, the teal armpit hair and jo calderone (I hate this dude :millie: ) were the main reasons for that........and JUDAS

Wow they were amazing

its such a shame people couldn't deal with her experimenting and opening up although alot of people on here love that era and fashionand i do as well ...forever. I MISS IT 

I know people who LIKE her now because of BTW.......... like she reached a much much BIGGER crowd, and its her best album....this threads is a flop

Wow they were amazing

its such a shame people couldn't deal with her experimenting and opening up although alot of people on here love that era and fashionand i do as well ...forever. I MISS IT 

I never said that BTW was responsible for "everything going wrong in her career" KDRWm.gif

high heeled fem

Born This Way will become known as Gaga's most important album- it's where she became an artist. She wasn't just the fun, crazy pop star anymore. She had a message, sound and imagery all her own, and the gp can either take it or leave it. Get in or get off the f***ing ship. Obviously this has continued with ARTPOP, and will continue for her entire career.

TL;DR Gaga's sound/imagery became too much for the gp to tolerate/comprehend, and therefore her popularity suffered a bit.

2a8evx4.jpg

thanks the shy guy! for this wonderful post..it gives me hope to stay here on ggd, it was and IS her most important album and as i said above it opened the door for so many new fans!! and the promo was great!

I never said that BTW was responsible for "everything going wrong in her career" KDRWm.gif

yeah but you are,,,...its like remember BTW and be happy it was great album she really grew up so much and grew as a artist, we got everything on time and it was a solid album...can't we enjoy that? we can't even enjoy ARTPOP as ppl b---h about it here 24/7 let us enjoy something KDRWm.gif

Born This Way did play a huge part in Gaga's so-called "decline" (although personally, I would call it casual/bandwagon fans leaving the fanbase while cementing the "real" fanbase, those who will support and follow Gaga no matter what), we already know that. But I'm sure that a couple years from now, when people look back on the BTW album/era, they will command Gaga for making such a bold album and taking risks.

:yes:

She did shed some of the 'mainstream' fans.. but in the future.. she'll be remembered for making bold moves and statements.. with BTW having such a positive intent.. I think she'll be credited for actually using a voice [in pop especially.. which is usually inconsequential]. She really was ready to risk it all.. and take the crowd that disagrees.

I feel like Gaga is the person carrying the cross on her back many times.. even  with ARTPOP, she may be seen as pretentious, but her monologues about putting the power mainly back into the hands of the artist.. who the f*ck else is doing anything like that (no matter what effect it actually has the fact that she's actually doing something about it, no matter how it makes her look. Other pop artists don't want to be preachy, and would rather be inconsequential in order to be liked & marketable) - supporting and giving a voice to artists rights and integrity - especially in pop [being someone who's such a big figure as her] too?

MelbHawker

It's message, although appeals to everyone, was directed towards the gays. It was all about the gays. Every interview, every show.. she preached and preached about the Gays. People who weren't gay probably didn't feel included. 

People who enjoy 'meaningless' bops like Poker Face / Telephone didn't find BTW as easy to listen to I'm guessing - BTW itself is a very thematic and very camp album. I wouldn't call TF or TFM camp. They were thematic to an extent, but you can listen to them without thinking at all. 

Most of my non-Gay friends couldn't get into BTW. They hated it. They still love TF/TFM. They haven't bothered with ARTPOP (although I've tried my best to re-ignite their love for our Queen).

yeah but you are,,,...its like remember BTW and be happy it was great album she really grew up so much and grew as a artist, we got everything on time and it was a solid album...can't we enjoy that? we can't even enjoy ARTPOP as ppl b---h about it here 24/7 let us enjoy something KDRWm.gif

No I'm not; anlaysing a specific era has nothing to do with a discussion on ARTPOP.

It was a good album, I never said it wasn't. We can enjoy it :yes: . A discussion on pop culture doesn't mean we can't enjoy BTW.

To clarify, the OP is not a criticism of BTW, but an a--lyis of what about it had the effect I'm discussing, sorry if it came of that way to you, I did not mean it like that though :shrug: . I just wanted to see if people agreed of why I perceived the change [however small or big] in things might have been because.

jhonyguy04

Gaga was a pop pretty girl until Alejandro. BTW only made her image less appealing and too heavy to the gp

Also, her music became hard to digest and not so radio-friendly

This.....

the shy guy

2a8evx4.jpg

thanks the shy guy! for this wonderful post..it gives me hope to stay here on ggd, it was and IS her most important album and as i said above it opened the door for so many new fans!! and the promo was great!

New fans like me! Lol I'm glad you enjoyed the post :)

A-yo, A-yo..... We smokin' em all

Jay.P

I'm really glad we got Born This Way though. It was brave of her to choose the peak of her career to release an album like BTW and spread her message, when she could've released any other album. It's still my favorite album of Gaga. :)

Do you hear that? It's poison.

I'm really glad we got Born This Way though. It was brave of her to choose the peak of her career to release an album like BTW and spread her message, when she could've released any other album. It's still my favorite album of Gaga. :)

Def shows what kind of person she is :yes: .. I'm sure it's one of her proudest moments.

Are you saying you dislike Judas? 

hell no, that's one of my favorite songs and videos :legend:  but it definitely affected gaga's career in a bad way :shrug:

flawless mistake indeeded :legend:

Wow they were amazing

BTW is my favorite album and era, I did love the horns and teal wings and the music videos :worship:

but JO calderone and those hairy teal armpits were just :toofunny: , basically the only things I didn't like about that era

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Gaga was a pop pretty girl until Alejandro. BTW only made her image less appealing and too heavy to the gp

Also, her music became hard to digest and not so radio-friendly

No, she wasn't.

Archived