💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

mainly why BTW was a decline in Gaga popularity

Hedi

Featured Posts

Essence

I remember straight dudes jamming to Just Dance, Poker Face and Bad Romance, because they were fvcking cool songs that sounded cool and were just... cool. But Gaga undid all that by releasing two incredibly cheesy songs, BTW and TEOG. She just stopped being cool. And I honestly think the damage is irreparable.

But it's okay, 'cause she's not going anywhere.  :ohwell:

It's getting so much better though. EVERYONE I know bopped to Applause, and Do What U Want too.

She's close to getting some of that back.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really disagree, I think the fall out with the GP came after the BTW era. The weight gain, pot smoking, hip injury.

I know that older members of my family and some friends really enjoyed Gaga during BTW and they finally realised her talent and artistry. The heavy promo, especially in the UK, helped. Gaga was at her peak during BTW, I remember TEOG being the summer song of that year.

Gaga took a tumble, postponed her album and then released an album that sonically isn't that great and lyrically is pretty standard for Gaga apart from 2 or 3 songs. Although I do love ARTPOPGa.

BTW was ahead of its time and will be remembered as a career highlight.

Slayer

lmao not u targetting TEOG

that was one of the few saviours of the era

I'm not "targeting" it, I think BTW and TEOG are amazing songs. But they're undeniably oozing cheese, and I can completely understand why that put people off.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Slayer

It's getting so much better though. EVERYONE I know bopped to Applause, and Do What U Want too.

She's close to getting some of that back.

Hopefully! I have a feeling her next album will get her in the public's good graces again. 

the shy guy

Born This Way will become known as Gaga's most important album- it's where she became an artist. She wasn't just the fun, crazy pop star anymore. She had a message, sound and imagery all her own, and the gp can either take it or leave it. Get in or get off the f***ing ship. Obviously this has continued with ARTPOP, and will continue for her entire career.

TL;DR Gaga's sound/imagery became too much for the gp to tolerate/comprehend, and therefore her popularity suffered a bit.

A-yo, A-yo..... We smokin' em all

bionic

I'm not "targeting" it, I think BTW and TEOG are amazing songs. But they're undeniably oozing cheese, and I can completely understand why that put people off.

I'm 100% sure that TEOG was more harmful than Judas and the whole "what's the second single?" confusion

buy bionic

FameHungry

i dont want "fun bops", im hear for songs with meaning and intention. not "good *** in the passenger seat"

Same 

It is so early to make these bold statements about "gaga's career". She is only 28 for earth's sake, and she will be around for decades from what I can see.

Born this Way was a masterpiece. A true piece of art, pop, politics and fashion. It was so forward-thinking & referential at the same time, that people will need years, years, YEARS to appreciate it.

Fernando, please come back.

Perform Living

I still believe that her popularity wouldnt have nearly as decreased if smart single choices were released, these are (imo):

-BTW, perfect lead single

-TEOG, without the controversy of Judas and troubles with the video would have certainly hit #1 and have been a huge hit

-Scheisse, the most "pop song" left on the album, with a radio edit it might have done descent 

-Hair, end the era on a high, this was a clear hit from the get go, the gypsy of BTW

End era and go on tour, i never believed MTN was a good single choice from the moment i heard it and YAI is too country to work as a worldwide single

True about the single choice... TEOG is pretty much respected/beloved without distate by most people. And yeah I have heard that You and I criticism before, great point, even though I enjoy the song.

To be honest I think everyone is over reacting from a lot of slander from the press. Applause and DWUW I think did pretty well on the charts.

Slayer

I'm 100% sure that TEOG was more harmful than Judas and the whole "what's the second single?" confusion

I'm sure that was a huge factor. I remember my non-fan friend saying "why's she releasing songs every week?" (referring to Judas, TEOG and Hair). It just confused everybody. Especially as TEOG, Hair and BTW sounded completely different to anything she'd done before. 

her image during the BTW era was a huge turn off for everyone, even her own fanabase, those horns, the teal armpit hair and jo calderone (I hate this dude :millie: ) were the main reasons for that........and JUDAS

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

FrankGutz

Agreed, to a limited extent. ANother major reason the GP turned away from her was here imagery in the BTW era, which was scary and ugly.

This, i have a cousin that thinks Gagz is satanic :dies::toofunny: , i always thought people didn't believe **** about the stupid paranoia around artists being satanic/illuminati, but these kind of people exist & i have one in my family :fail:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

This, i have a cousin that thinks Gagz is satanic :dies::toofunny: , i always thought people didn't believe **** about the stupid paranoia around artists being satanic/illuminati, but these kind of people exist & i have one in my family :fail:

Wut. :wtfga:

Archived