Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

mainly why BTW was a decline in Gaga popularity

Hedi

Featured Posts

GagaSlayedYou

I think Gaga's whole 70/80s throwback style was kinda ahead of time. Nowadays, you can hear on radio, all these Bruno Mars or others disco/rock inspired tracks

Talking about fashion, her looks very completely inconsistent, from that BTW cover wig, to teal wigs. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gaga was a pop pretty girl until Alejandro. BTW only made her image less appealing and too heavy to the gp

Also, her music became hard to digest and not so radio-friendly

ditto

Essence

Let's take a journeygiphy.gif
See Katy is still successful by she hasn't changed at all since then :Millie:

I'd take a risky era at the expense of commercial success any day cause Gaga has really evolved as an artist tbh

In 20/30 years, people will remember Born This Way as a highlight in her career. I'm sure of that.

I'm getting so sick of people blaming BTW for everything going wrong in her career...

AbandonThread_zps5d25e05e.gif

What a spin on the thread title :laughga: :roll:

In 20/30 years, people will remember Born This Way as a highlight in her career that's for sure.

Katy Perry may be super successfull right now. But do you think people will remember and conmemorate her cute bop song in a decade or two?

Tropico

I'm getting so sick of people blaming BTW for everything going wrong in her career...

AbandonThread_zps5d25e05e.gif

Agreed.

BTW was one of Gaga's best eras. It attracted a lot of gays. It attracted a lot of suicidal, insecure bullied kids. If anything BTW should be praised.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

90s and 80s sound was not a problem! BTW and TEOG were hits. The problem was Judas, which was kind of step back to Bad Romance kind of song organisation. It was the first moment when she appeared generic within her own artistry.

i dont want "fun bops", im hear for songs with meaning and intention. not "good *** in the passenger seat"

ily :dies:

I kind of think it's to do with her looks that era such as:

a88be0e231ec44ab9583303ab5284902.jpg

and

lady-gaga-harvard-3-1330594900-view-1.jp

i love gaga with all my heart but even i was like "erm..." with some of the looks. I was speaking a kinda sorta friend a while back about this and she was a Gaga fan up until BTW and she said she didn't like how Gaga looked like a grandma and that her looks were crazy but boring at the same time

Yeah, Gaga said that BTW was more about good accesorizing, while she did have crazy moments, she did venture more into this kind of.. 'classy' dressing phase across it.. I was more here more her TFM/ fashion personally.

I think Gaga's whole 70/80s throwback style was kinda ahead of time. Nowadays, you can hear on radio, all these Bruno Mars or others disco/rock inspired tracks

Talking about fashion, her looks very completely inconsistent, from that BTW cover wig, to teal wigs. 

I agree with that, that it was different to what people were doing. Though like I said in the OP I think it was much more referential than transformative sonically.. like there's definately throwback influences in TF and TFM, but used in a futuristic way that blends it more into something else than what its inspiration is IMO.

Wrong. Sorry I disagree.

Curious of your opinion :)

Gaga was a pop pretty girl until Alejandro. BTW only made her image less appealing and too heavy to the gp

Also, her music became hard to digest and not so radio-friendly

Good point

Yeah I agree for the most part. I think it was also just general backlash after being so overexposed and in your face with TFM. She did a lot of really polarizing things before BTW, like the Alejandro video, the Meat Dress, and the whole middle finger at the Mets game + being called a jerk by Seinfeld. Also, BTW was hyped to the heavens and that only set her up for failure.

Very true.. she really was at her peak.. it was all eyes on her.

See Katy is still successful by she hasn't changed at all since then :millie:

I'd take a risky era at the expense of commercial success any day cause Gaga has really evolved as an artist tbh

I agree completely. I don't want Gaga to become a Britney/Katy type. But this thread is just a discussion of why things changed, not that she shouldn't have done them :kissga:

90s and 80s sound was not a problem! BTW and TEOG were hits. The problem was Judas, which was kind of step back to Bad Romance kind of song organisation. It was the first moment when she appeared generic within her own artistry.

True that.. I still think Judas is nice, and different sound, but yeah.. structurally it was very similar, and left people like :roll: I guess.

And I think BTW (song) was more futuristic in it's instrumental.. apart from the cowbell at the end, but I guess it did have a 90s vibe to the accapella's melody.

I still believe that her popularity wouldnt have nearly as decreased if smart single choices were released, these are (imo):

-BTW, perfect lead single

-TEOG, without the controversy of Judas and troubles with the video would have certainly hit #1 and have been a huge hit

-Scheisse, the most "pop song" left on the album, with a radio edit it might have done descent 

-Hair, end the era on a high, this was a clear hit from the get go, the gypsy of BTW

End era and go on tour, i never believed MTN was a good single choice from the moment i heard it and YAI is too country to work as a worldwide single

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Slayer

I remember straight dudes jamming to Just Dance, Poker Face and Bad Romance, because they were fvcking cool songs that sounded cool and were just... cool. But Gaga undid all that by releasing two incredibly cheesy songs, BTW and TEOG. She just stopped being cool. And I honestly think the damage is irreparable.

But it's okay, 'cause she's not going anywhere.  :ohwell:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

bionic

I remember straight dudes jamming to Just Dance, Poker Face and Bad Romance, because they were fvcking cool songs that sounded cool and were just... cool. But Gaga undid all that by releasing two incredibly cheesy songs, BTW and TEOG. She just stopped being cool. And I honestly think the damage is irreparable.

But it's okay, 'cause she's not going anywhere.  :ohwell:

lmao not u targetting TEOG

that was one of the few saviours of the era

buy bionic

Archived