💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is Prism Actually Being Marketed Around ARTPOP?

PigInsideAHuman

Featured Posts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh lord we're crossing over to the mindset of Britney fans. :rip:

No, PRISM is not being marketed around ARTPOP. They probably don't care what Lady Gaga is doing right now.

Is possible that type of marketing and I know about that, I don't remenber the name tho.

And I don't believe in Katy's integrity as an artist (you know, working with Dr. Luke, let others write some of her songs, condradict herself with the naked and religious opinion, the animal and racist controversy which her marketing team squeeze, the replay of the Teenage Dream era [at least that's what I think].

So I agree  :spin: 

rivingtonreject

Well, yeah. That's the job of the people who plan these dates. 

Exactly THIS. The management of contemporary pop stars want to beat out competition. So if they think that they can release a "better" single than the next girl at the same time and steal the shine, that's more commercial success and media appraisal for them. Gaga does (did) this too. In the AMA with Jen O'Neill on reddit, she stated that if there was an event or single of some sort from a competitor, Gaga would do a twitter chat or announce something on the same day to keep the press's attention on her. A really great example of it was some (i forget which one) award show, I pretty sure it was on MTV and Tara tweeted that Gaga had an idea to steal the attention away from the award show even though she wouldn't attend. Gaga is an artist first, but a (smart) business person second. Katy (and other contemporaries) all play this game.

This is the nature of fame. 

lego

Exactly THIS. The management of contemporary pop stars want to beat out competition. So if they think that they can release a "better" single than the next girl at the same time and steal the shine, that's more commercial success and media appraisal for them. Gaga does (did) this too. In the AMA with Jen O'Neill on reddit, she stated that if there was an event or single of some sort from a competitor, Gaga would do a twitter chat or announce something on the same day to keep the press's attention on her. A really great example of it was some (i forget which one) award show, I pretty sure it was on MTV and Tara tweeted that Gaga had an idea to steal the attention away from the award show even though she wouldn't attend. Gaga is an artist first, but a (smart) business person second. Katy (and other contemporaries) all play this game.

That Jeniferella thing was just a stan messing with you all. Can't believe you fell for it.

FreePalestine

hughdancy

Yes.

Lmao that was NOT Jennifer. She provided absolutely NO proof that it was her.

rivingtonreject

Yes.

Lmao that was NOT Jennifer. She provided absolutely NO proof that it was her.

she would have been sued if she did lol

Also, even if it wasn't Jennifer, the point is, purposely out competing contemporaries is not an unheard of thing in the music industry.

Nick1495

No. Tbh I think Katy is moving too fast with her singles. I mean she just released the video for Dark Horse last month and she's probably releasing Birthday late this month or next month.

The Teenage Dream era had a good two to three months of promoting a single song.

1. California Girls - May 2010

2. Teenage Dream - July 2010

[Album Release - August 2010]

3. Firework - October 2010

4. ET - Late February / March 2011

5. Last Friday Night - June 2011

6. The One That Got Away - October 2011

[Mini Hiatus - Late Summer to February 2012]

1a. Part of Me - February 2012

2a. Wide Awake - May 2012

Either way, I like the Teenage Dream singles more.'Unconditionally' and 'Birthday' are the first Katy singles that haven't bought. :sorry:

that was a longer post than I had anticipated

:awkney:

First single:

Everyone already knows that Roar and Applause were released at the same exact time.

That's because Applause leaked and Gaga decided to release it a few hours after Roar came out. It wasn't planned that way.

Second single:

Do What U Want was first heard in a Best Buy commercial on October 15th on TV. The video was online, however, three days before that on October 12, hinting at a possible second single.

It was a promo single. So, yeah, it was going to be used in some promo spots just like Dope and Venus. What's that have to do with becoming a single?

Yes, it does...

I mean, it's just not something you would do normally, when you have a song that's still TOP 5 and slaying on the radio - all of a sudden you want to release the next single? What?!

But we can't do nothing about it so...

This, this and THIS  :trootea:

Except for Dark Horse, every single from Prism has been published in the same period of those chosen by Gaga, it's impossible to assert the contrary. Roar came out of nowhere after the announcement of Applause with that ridiculous promotional campaign with trucks, ditto for Unconditionally released immediately after Do What U Want has been chosen as a single, and now we are in the same situation with G.U.Y. and Birthday, because that wouldn't have had reason to be chosen now if not for "hindering" Gaga, also because Dark Horse is still going well. I'm not shading Katy (on the contrary, it's my second favorite singer after Gaga), but it is so obvious what she and/or her label are trying to do to counter Gaga...

Vernier

she would have been sued if she did lol

Also, even if it wasn't Jennifer, the point is, purposely out competing contemporaries is not an unheard of thing in the music industry.

But you actually used a known bull****ter/troll to support you argument, which makes it invalid

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

rivingtonreject

But you actually used a known bull****ter/troll to support you argument, which makes it invalid

i also gave an example of Tara's tweet lol

I honestly don't care what Katy, her team, or anyone hear says. I truly think they purposely pit her against Gaga.

Archived