💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Do you think ARTPOP's "flop" was planned?

Hyperion

Featured Posts

TEANUS

No because I don't see what gain there world be from that. The album had first week sales that were comparable to the other pop girls and it went #1 so if she wanted it to 'flop' then she did a pretty poor job of it,

Drag him! :legend:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Tbh that's why she befriended Christina, to get some master tips on how to orchestrate a flop era ready for her comeback

Not sure how Christina could help then :emma:

Affinity4PoP

Do you think gaga planned ARTPOP's "flop"? (which it didnt really) I think she was aiming for bad critic reviews, and then to wow them with act 2. It sounds like something she would do, with the whole Do What U Want tweets.

From a marketing perspective, if all original parties involved were on board with this than maybe so... Especially if there were many reliable sources, then heck yes. Anything is possible. She did want a decay period. So who knows. We all just want her to be successful... Really though, we have no idea what is going on.

judaslover

I don't think she planned to flop. However, I do think she saved some really good songs for Act 2. Perhaps, Onion Girl could be G.U.Y. 2.0, or some sort of Bad Romance type of song, with a big sounding production.

Shawn Knowles

I made a page with this basic idea and was clowned also. Considering the album didn't flop yet in the eyes of the media it did and the hate train everyone including former supporters is hopping on it's a possibility. Maybe I'm giving her too much credit.

Scarlet Witch

You could argue that, considering that she chose to run ARTPOP straight into the solid brick wall of pop perfection known as PRISM. :emma:

:awkney: you need jesus

Little7Monster

People don't spend millions of dollars to plan a loss. It showed that critics hold Gaga to a higher standard than her competition, but she established that higher standard with her previous works. ARTPOP is a good album, but it didn't evolve from her last works, or her most successful works, it was like a new take on old music; kind of like Gaga put her touch on EDM sort of thing. 

Critics are hard to please, and if they don't like Gaga as a person, they won't like her  even if she gives them the world on a gold platter, they will be mad it isn't platinum. ARTPOP II may be more successful, but if people didn't like the first ARTPOP, they will likely not like the second, even if it is better. People liked BTW, but why not blow them away with ARTPOP and make BTW look like childs play? It is the same concept, but it doesn't work. The music should always move forward. Just because a critic doesn't like it doesn't matter, it just depends on who is the music critic at the time of release. Oscar winning movies have received poor reviews from some critics. 

She will have a well-received album again, and ARTPOP could have been it, but I truly believe the promotional work for it was bad in the beginning. Gaga has to stop hyping her albums a year before release, and have three months gaps between the first single and the album. People, especially not the general public, have an attention span to wait for album or care for an album for that long. It is fine to release a single and wait, but either do it closer to the release date or don't give a release date at that time. Instead, Gaga has given release dates way in advance, then release a single, then released the album--BTW was January, end of February, end of May...ARTPOP was mid-July, mid-August, mid-November--that is too big of a gap in my opinion. Frankly, it would do better to tease a new single a week or two before, then release it along with album news if it a month or so away. If longer, just say its for an upcoming album and leave it at that. People can't get bored if they don't know how long they are waiting. 

Also, it was cool that we got so many previews before the album (SwineFest, RadioARTPOP, etc.) but it killed the album excitement for me, personally. By the time the album dropped we had heard almost every single song, or a part of it. There were no surprises left. People already made up their mind on the album before it was even available to buy. Critics did it too. It was fun, and I think Gaga did it as an apology for her absence, but it hurt the album in my opinion. 

Promotion work needs to be done better, and she could take notes from Miley, Katy, and other artists in her category. They make very different pop music, but they are still compared, and compete together. Her promo work needs a revamp and the next album will do better. The next question is: if ARTPOP isn't well-received, is it smart to call the next one "ARTPOP Act II", or should she rename it? People who didn't buy Act I will not likely buy Act II because the "II" implies it is the same style/music they already disliked. It can be the ACT II album, but a fresh name could do better to distance itself from the ARTPOP critics. 

Just a massive amount of thoughts. 

bionic

Not sure how Christina could help then :emma:

Don't throw shade Xtina's way, young one.

b.gif

Ms Christina MarĂƒÆ’Â­a Aguilera is currently embarked on a reverse chart peak expedition which means that instead of slaying all the time she's at the bottom of the charts. And look at the consequences? Katy Perry has happened. Miley Cyrus has happened. Lana Del Rey tried to happen (though didn't quite make it).

In due time, when she believes the world is ready for her, Mrs Christina MarĂƒÆ’Â­a Rutler (nĂƒÆ’Â©e Aguilera) will return to slay us all, and punish us for our sins. I will make sure that your name is forwarded onto her for judgment day.

buy bionic

Archived