Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Do you think ARTPOP's "flop" was planned?

Hyperion

Featured Posts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No because I don't see what gain there world be from that. The album had first week sales that were comparable to the other pop girls and it went #1 so if she wanted it to 'flop' then she did a pretty poor job of it,

Educate ha! The word flop is over used here.

So she did that for BTW, now ARTPOP. Next up, Gaga intended for Act II to flop, and for Cheek to Cheek to flop, and the one after that to flop... :excuseme:

bionic

Yeah Tbh that's why she befriended Christina, to get some master tips on how to orchestrate a flop era ready for her comeback

buy bionic

Slade

Not necessarily, but I think that some things occurred the way they did because she wanted to follow the "creative rebellion" theme and not do things as she was expected. I think this idea came about after the DWUW/Venus fiasco and she made the first statement about this by not releasing the DWUW video because she was forced to rush it and it wasn't what she wanted. I think not releasing it was a statement about how she refuses to be controlled by the industry and won't sacrifice her creativity for a quick buck.

Ladle Ghoulash

You could argue that, considering that she chose to run ARTPOP straight into the solid brick wall of pop perfection known as PRISM. :emma:

:awkney:

So she did that for BTW, now ARTPOP. Next up, Gaga intended for Act II to flop, and for Cheek to Cheek to flop, and the one after that to flop... :excuseme:

BTW is her highest grossing album 

No because I don't see what gain there world be from that. The album had first week sales that were comparable to the other pop girls and it went #1 so if she wanted it to 'flop' then she did a pretty poor job of it,

Gain would be working reverse psychology and making ppl believe she is over to strike with next smash album and surprise everyone.

I don't know if I believe it

I don't think she did, but if she did she's a GENIUS and will definitely reclaim her crown next era. Make everyone think she's over, then come back twice as strong.

Archived