💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why does Gaga say she wasn't wealthy?

rivingtonreject

Featured Posts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys she grew up in a rich privileged family. That's a fact. Stop trying to argue that it wasn't. They were wealthy. 

Maybe she wasn't wealthy for New York standards?

Sending your kids to a 24k a year private institution and a send away summer camp is wealthy anywhere.

Ambrosia

Can't have been that bad. I think quite a lot of people hear 'voices', but for some they are just thoughts, inspiration or imaginary friends. It's just kind of a taboo because of the relation to mental health issues, making people afraid to discuss it and leaving others feel like no one else has it.

Ok, that's kind of what I was thinking about the voices thing too.  I've experienced all that at one time or another and it certainly doesn't point to any significant mental issue.

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

Katie14

Can't have been that bad. I think quite a lot of people hear 'voices', but for some they are just thoughts, inspiration or imaginary friends. It's just kind of a taboo because of the relation to mental health issues, making people afraid to discuss it and leaving others feel like no one else has it.

Yea. I don't know if she is talking about actual audible hallucinations or just having creative moments where she gets all these ideas at once and its so fast and overwhelming that it feels like its not even coming from her.

From the Miranda Sawyer interview:

She told me, as she did Graham Norton, that she heard voices in her head as a child.

How do you mean? I asked.

“Just things... I would accuse things of happening that people around me didn’t notice were happening.

And as I got older it started to make me feel sick, and it still makes me feel sick sometimes. I’ve gone through stages of being centred and then being addicted to d--gs and alcohol, having difficulty handling the chaos in my mind. Then returning back to the centre.â€

She is very vague in the way that she described it. I think Gaga has always just been a very creative person. I think she sees things in a different way that most people see things. Almost like she is looking through an altered lens. Maybe other people didn't notice the things she was seeing because she is very in tune to her surroundings and has a different perspective and connection with the world. It sounds like she is describing some type of hyper sensitivity which sometimes becomes unbearable, which is why she turns to d--gs.

Rainbowgynous

Yea. I don't know if she is talking about actual audible hallucinations or just having creative moments where she gets all these ideas at once and its so fast and overwhelming that it feels like its not even coming from her.

From the Miranda Sawyer interview:

She told me, as she did Graham Norton, that she heard voices in her head as a child.

How do you mean? I asked.

“Just things... I would accuse things of happening that people around me didn’t notice were happening.

And as I got older it started to make me feel sick, and it still makes me feel sick sometimes. I’ve gone through stages of being centred and then being addicted to d--gs and alcohol, having difficulty handling the chaos in my mind. Then returning back to the centre.â€

She is very vague in the way that she described it. I think Gaga has always just been a very creative person. I think she sees things in a different way that most people see things. Almost like she is looking through an altered lens. Maybe other people didn't notice the things she was seeing because she is very in tune to her surroundings and has a different perspective and connection with the world. It sounds like she is describing some type of hyper sensitivity which sometimes becomes unbearable, which is why she turns to d--gs.

Definitely makes sense. We've all got a different 'lens' but some are more in tune with the standard range than others. (My own lens is off by quite a bit too X-D which is why I can relate to Gaga so much :pawsup:) It can make you (feel) crazy when you're off too much, but that doesn't mean you are crazy. Sometimes it just means society isn't ready to accept more options, even when they are perfectly fine, functional options.

Archived