💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why does Gaga say she wasn't wealthy?

rivingtonreject

Featured Posts

squeala

I remember her saying her parents took out a loan to get an upright piano for her to practice on, so yeah, there seems to be some conflicting info on her pre-fame wealth. :huh:

when she was like 7 years old

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NY was chaper, but so was the value of the dollar. So everything in relation to eachother is about the same. And even if the price today is somewhat inflated, if they can charge nearly 2mil for it now, the least they were charging is 1mil back then. still not even close to cheap...

It's not just inflation. NY real estate prices boomed after the mid 90s.

She already told us that her parents spent most of their money on hers and natali's education.

Also (again) New York was cheaper in the 80s.

Everything was cheaper in the 80s. That's how the economy works. New York was still a high-class area.

Everything was cheaper in the 80s. That's how the economy works. New York was still a high-class area.

post above yours

Michael

I think Gaga just rejects the notion that she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. Her family may have had money, but that was because they were hard working and dedicated.

rivingtonreject

It's not just inflation. NY real estate prices boomed after the mid 90s.

The price was high in comparison to most NYC apartments, regardless. If the price was lower, so were all the all the rest in NYC, making that type of building available only to those who could afford it. If that were not the case, all apartments in NY would be charging 2 mill now, which they aren't. That was never a cheap building. 

tokyodisko

She was just trying to come across as relatable, edgy, and market-friendly. GP don't usually like pop stars to have come from money. 

That's why I take 99.99% of what she says about her past with a grain of salt. 

LaLuna

She never said she was poor ?

When she moved to the LES and lived on her own.... That was a different story.

Well yeah of course, she was poor THEN, but when she was living with her parents I think she was pretty well off.

rivingtonreject

i think joe invented the internet if im not mistaken, so of course they're going to have quite a bit $$$$$$

no, but he started "GuestWiFi" lol

rivingtonreject

please dont tell me what to do i didnt wa nt to make you upset i just think its true 

um.. :huh:

Buddy

Her parents supported her dreams and took her to shows where she would work herself for her performances and to ultimately get a recording contract. While I'm sure her parents emotional support helped tremendously, very little of Gaga's success had to do with her wealthy upbringing.

codymonster

I think it's more to do with the fact that money didn't get her to where she is. She didn't use her daddy's money to get a record deal or something like that. She's where she is out of hard work. That's probs what she meant.

Archived