💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why does Gaga say she wasn't wealthy?

rivingtonreject

Featured Posts

elijahfan

She never said her family wasn't rich: she said that her parents have worked their asses off and put all the money they had in her education and her sister's.

What she usually says is that her family doesn't come from a wealthy background, and that the money her parents have earned was earned by the sweat of their brows.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KissKissBang

I don't remember her saying she grew up poor  :eek:  only that she was poor after she dropped out and started singing at bars etc. which she probably was

Slade

She refused her parent's assistance when she left home to live on the Lower East Side and worked three jobs. That's her story, so maybe that's what she means. 

Other than that, she mentioned that kids at her school were much more wealthier than her and she claims to have been teased about it.

This tbh

Haroon

Maybe the numbers when she lived/studied there have inflated :huh: But yeah, I don't understand that either :duck:

Computer

When did she say it? I'm curious too

💚💛💕❣⭕💱💱 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡ⓹ Â©â“—â“Ąâ“˜â“ąâ“Łâ“œâ“â“ą

I think she meant that her parents weren't wealthy to begin with, but they worked their asses off to get to a place where they could do these things for her. They were fairly wealthy when Gaga was born, but they weren't always like that. I think she just meant her parents were very hard workers that always did what they could to provide for the family, and that's where her hard work comes from.

Her mom worked as a tele communicator. She clearly wasn't making much.

Her dad owned an internet company.

MillieBrown

I think she meant that her parents weren't wealthy to begin with, but they worked their asses off to get to a place where they could do these things for her. They were fairly wealthy when Gaga was born, but they weren't always like that. I think she just meant her parents were very hard workers that always did what they could to provide for the family, and that's where her hard work comes from.

wasn't there on a article about how her father inherited his father's riches?

SEANGT

....does she say that? She says she had a rough time with her peers...not that she didn't have money or opportunities based on her parent's wealth. The only thing I can recall is that her parents made her prove herself before they bought her a piano. Also she mentions that her parents worked really hard and came from nothing...which actually means that they got rich. She continually thanks them for being rich basically. 

JEWRJEWR

Upper middle class doesn't mean wealthy.

is a $1,780,000 apartment meant to be for upper middle class people? :awkney:

Fear, she's the mother of violence

Slade

wasn't there on a article about how her father inherited his father's riches?

That may have been the case. I just thought I read somewhere that he started out as an entrepreneur and eventually owned an internet company or something. I'm not sure tbh

SEANGT

so yeah I think others have summed it up. Her parents worked their asses off to be welathy enough to afford opportunities for their kids. Then Gaga refused their help to persue her dreams and was actually poor for a while working many jobs. 

Knife

She does that to seem relatable, down to earth, etc.

Most of her fans couldn't even dream of the level of privilege she was afforded in her youth.

The Fame

I remember her saying her parents took out a loan to get an upright piano for her to practice on, so yeah, there seems to be some conflicting info on her pre-fame wealth. :huh:

That may have been the case. I just thought I read somewhere that he started out as an entrepreneur and eventually owned an internet company or something. I'm not sure tbh

Yes, her dad owned an internet company.

Archived