💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

How would you react if Gaga hired songwriters?

wiltedbliss

Featured Posts

tokyodisko

She has always had someone help her, which is fine, so I wouldn't mind as long as the lyrics sound like a Gaga song. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THR: As Gaga legend goes, she was dropped by Island Def Jam before ending up at Interscope, what was it the IDJ A&R executives didn’t get?

Garibay: I'm still in contact with many A&Rs that passed on her project, and for the most part, I would say those people couldn't see it. And they’re humbled by it. It's not so much that they didn't believe it, as much as they didn’t see it. But It was really obvious to me when she came in because of the caliber of songs. And being in the industry, you know that great songwriters are hard to come by -- people that can really write genuine songs in any context, and she was able to do that. So I knew when I met her that it was going to be great. I was just trying to write as much as I could with her before she left on tour to promote her first album.

THR: She’s credited as a co-writer on most songs from Born This Way, what percentage of the songwriting would you say she’s responsible for?

Garibay: She doesn't need anyone to write a hit song. A lot of times, it’s 100% her. She's generous enough to give the producers who worked on this album a percentage of the songwriting for the production and whatever contributions we gave in arrangement or a few lyrical suggestions here and there.

Thank you for posting this... it's kind of annoying to me when people assume that she doesn't do the majority of the writing, but maybe this will put an end to it.

Bambino

I think she kind of does this already, and I don't mind! :sara:

This.

As long as the music outcome is great, I'm okay. Although I might be a little little upset :laughga: because the song wouldn't be as honest :p

Archived