đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

How would you react if Gaga hired songwriters?

wiltedbliss

Featured Posts

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glamourpuss

I read a while ago that people had been hired to write a bunch of new songs for the record, but I might be wrong.

EDIT: Tony said in Rolling Stone:

"We're gonna do a jazz album with Marion Evans, a big swing band, and I'm looking forward to it because a lot of people don't know it, but she's a phenomenal jazz singer. I can't mention the composer because I don't want anybody to do it before we do it, but there's a great composer that's very underrated, very famous, but not as famous as Gershwin or Porter. But he did as many hit songs as anybody, and so we're gonna do a big swinging album."

A composer could make the music but Gaga might write the words to go with it.

SKANK

It's not like Gaga's a prolific lyricist. With the exception of a few truly terrific songs, her catalog is full of shticky club bangers. Listen to any song written by Joni Mitchell, then listen to Donatella or Jewels N' Drugs. Now try and tell me that it would be a detriment to Gaga's career for her to collaborate with a song writer or two. 

There is no shame in singing a song written by another artist. If it is a good song then the performer and audience should be able to feel a connection to it regardless of who wrote it.

So, yeah, I would like for her to collaborate with song writers. It can't hurt to try, right?

Michael

Gaga already co-writes most of her material, so what would be the difference?

ChasingGhosts

I saw her on itunes festival 2013 (live stream) but i'm gonna see her live this late summer! first time  :omfgaga:

I'll be seeing her for the second time in August :party: I know you'll have fun :hug:

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

luxepussy

I'd actually love it, for the sake of change/perspective. It'd be interesting to hear what others could offer Gaga.

lastlinefirst

If she's helping write, then I'd be fine. But if they wrote everything for her, I would lose a lot of respect.

I'd be disappointed... And no, she doesn't do this IMO.

Gaga already co-writes most of her material, so what would be the difference?

She has the most input/control over the songwriting, at least from what she and some who have worked with her have told us...

Charlie

i think she should consider having more songwriters on board... not full blown songs written by others... but at least have them run by someone else... just saying

fav song: lady haha — no floodz ft adele

Archived