💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

How would you react if Gaga hired songwriters?

wiltedbliss

Featured Posts

MahoTheMnstr

It's not gonna happen cause Gaga is too obsessed with song writing... but it would probably depend on if i like the song or not

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dean Winchester

Well, if she does this, I guess it would be to experiment a certain musical direction, something that she hasn't done before... As long as she has some kind of involvement, I wouldn't really bother :shrug: I think it's cool to experiment with other people. In a way, that's how I view her upcoming album with Tony Bennett: it's just a project. It's not like it's gonna define her working methods forever.

Cheek to Cheek is a cover album right?  Like they cover jazz songs from the past? 

swine killer

Zedd was the producer and yeah it makes sense that he co-writes with her.  I think the OP is talking about bringing in like an actual songwriter, like what katy, and rihanna do.  

Not here for a Katy Perry, Rihanna, or Britney kind of artist who has little input into the message of the song and just sing it cuz it'll sell, it's easier, and no heart is put into it :tea:

She can have people's help but if it's like Katy, it wouldn't feel the same since it wouldn't be coming from her

Well I know Rihanna dont write her own songs, but I heard that Katy writes her songs too? (with the help of other songwriters obviously) unfortunately, I dont listen to her music

Edit: nevermind. i have to start use google  :fail:

PigInsideAHuman

Cheek to Cheek is a cover album right?  Like they cover jazz songs from the past? 

It's a mix of classic jazz covers, modern pop turned into jazz covers, and 3 or 4 new songs.

Nicole

As long as the music is still good I don't really care  :toofunny: But I guess something I've always loved about listening to Gaga's music was the fact I was listening to HER words, not some random song writer. The producers that are credited for song writing have even said that Gaga gives them way too much credit when it comes to songwriting. I think they're just there to sort of..." how about we say this word instead of that word" and "lets try singing it in this pitch instead"

elijahfan

I read a while ago that people had been hired to write a bunch of new songs for the record, but I might be wrong.

EDIT: Tony said in Rolling Stone:

"We're gonna do a jazz album with Marion Evans, a big swing band, and I'm looking forward to it because a lot of people don't know it, but she's a phenomenal jazz singer. I can't mention the composer because I don't want anybody to do it before we do it, but there's a great composer that's very underrated, very famous, but not as famous as Gershwin or Porter. But he did as many hit songs as anybody, and so we're gonna do a big swinging album."

ChasingGhosts

my goodness, did I miss something? does she write her own song 100 percent all by herself? guy was written by gaga and zedd   :eww:

Edit: Okay, now I know :worship: ... (sorry i'm a new fan)

Aw well welcome to the fanbase :party: How'd you become a fan? If you dont mind me asking :laughga:

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

I distinctly remember the reason I got into Gaga was because, in 2008/2009, at 15/16 years old the idea of a female pop star who was in charge of her creative image, designing her stage performances, costumes, and writing her own music was completely foreign to me. I found it incredibly refreshing that the singer we see on the videos and at the award shows is the one who's actually making the artistic statements. Coming out of the plastic, superficial bubblegum era of pop music that had preceded Gaga, to see that? It's what hooked me. If she abandoned that, I'd be very disappointed.

Not that she ever would. Gaga loves writing music. It's not work for her.

swine killer

Aw well welcome to the fanbase :party: How'd you become a fan? If you dont mind me asking :laughga:

I saw her on itunes festival 2013 (live stream) but i'm gonna see her live this late summer! first time  :omfgaga:

Glamourpuss

I remember an interview she did one time where she said her record company kept trying to her songs written by other people and it pissed her off because she wanted to make her own and put out her own music. You could tell she was genuine. I hope things haven't changed since then because I would be deeply disappointed.

Dean Winchester

I read a while ago that people had been hired to write a bunch of new songs for the record, but I might be wrong.

EDIT: Tony said in Rolling Stone:

"We're gonna do a jazz album with Marion Evans, a big swing band, and I'm looking forward to it because a lot of people don't know it, but she's a phenomenal jazz singer. I can't mention the composer because I don't want anybody to do it before we do it, but there's a great composer that's very underrated, very famous, but not as famous as Gershwin or Porter. But he did as many hit songs as anybody, and so we're gonna do a big swinging album."

oh yeah I remember that.  I took it as a composer as in someone who's already written songs, that they're going to cover but i could be wrong.  Cuz why else would he be afraid someone's going to do it before them?  Im guessing he doesn't want someone to cover the not-so famous composers' work before them.  idk my guess. 

Archived