💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Genius Behind Applause (worth reading)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

Many have claimed that the production of Applause is relatively simple for a Lady Gaga song. The thing is that with the song Applause Lady Gaga has managed something that rerely happens in music and this is why this song crawls in everyone's mind and never ages. I'll explain.

Have you ever tried to listen only the instrumenal of the song or even the whole song without paying attention to the lyrics? (I'm asking that because the lyrics declare the theme of the song and we don't want that for the following experiment) Just think, if the song didn't have a title, what name would you give it based on the sound and the vibe of the song? It would be Applause because Gaga has captured in the song the meaning of Applause, she has translated her feeling of the applause in music. If you listen to the song you will realise from the first notes that the music of Applause is similar to the way you've always imagined applause in your mind, the adrenaline in the finale of a show, the big hour that is coming. What I want to say is that Applause is not a song about applause because the title and the lyrics say so, but because the music say so. Its the spirit of the feeling of Applause in Gaga's mind captured in music forever. Applause in not just music, its a pure emotion directly from our conscious and our heart. This is a rare thing in music and some of the most classic masterpieces have this benefit.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pco91kroVgQ&feature=kp

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phoenix

Yes. I have instrumental on my iPhone and I enjoy listening to just instrumental of Applause rather then some real popular top list songs from other artists. 

💎

Yes. I have instrumental on my iPhone and I enjoy listening to just instrumental of Applause rather then some real popular top list songs from other artists. 

VforVendetta

so deep man :smh:

but i get what youre trying to say SOMETIMES

Ill take that as a compliment. :p

You're looking at this from hindsight though with the previous knowledge of what the song is about. It would be a lot different without hearing the title or lyrics first. Also, it's a lot easier to recreate the sounds of something that has a sound, than something like judas for example :shrug:

Although the song is amazing and I only re-realised that yesterday...

VforVendetta

You're looking at this from hindsight though with the previous knowledge of what the song is about. It would be a lot different without hearing the title or lyrics first. Also, it's a lot easier to recreate the sounds of something that has a sound, than something like judas for example :shrug:

Although the song is amazing and I only re-realised that yesterday...

Definitely it would be easier if Applause was a song full of clapping. The instrumenal of Applause from the first time I heard it brought to my mind the feeling of the Finale. The sound was always there in my mind, someone just had to show the path to me, if you understand what I'm saying. I see where you are coming from though. :yes:

VforVendetta

Also there is a speed illusion that is very intriguing

Indeed...

Computer

I am STILL obsessed with Applause.  There is nothing about it that gets old.  It is completely satisfying every time  :applause:

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

VforVendetta

If you actually close your eyes and you press play you feel like you are on a stage and the curtain is rising.

Archived