Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Genius Behind Applause (worth reading)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

It's an outstanding pop song. One of the reasons I love ARTPOP so much is that the ideas in the lyrics and the expression in the vocals are all blended perfectly with the instrumentals. The elements all breathe together in spectacular fashion(!).

• 3 weeks later...
Dangerous Man

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS.....

Applause never gets old. And all the lessors will deal.... :legend:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

aaronyoji

This was the first thing I noticed about the song, I love it!

wait how? whats that? 

anyways, i get what the op means. the instrumental itself represents the theme, especially with the panning chopped trap-inspired snares. chopped snares aka claps are a huge attribute to trap music, so it would make sense that a small dose of that genre is featured in a song about clapping. 

Slayer

no need to awkney me just because you don't know what you're talking about :awkney:

The quarter notes in applause create a speed illusion depending on the tempo of the songs you listen to around it. Because the beat is very jerky it will either sound super slow or super fast. It's a technique that is usually used in more alternative electronic music but Gaga brought it to pop. Also the non structured best right before the chorus can also give the illusion that the chorus increases and speed and raises volume :yes:

that's so interesting.  :)

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

VforVendetta

This is sadly so true. Most threads which insult Gaga and her work make it on the 1st page for the whole week. Ones where it requires thought and applaudes (pun intended :giggle: ) Gagag don't seem to be as read!

I completely agree and I do hear applause as like the finale to a huge performance and the instrumental it's self gives of the feeling of clapping and applause. I also kinda get that thrill feeling from Applause with it being so fast it just makes you feel like the performance is huge. The finale you're talking about I totally agree with! Very insiteful :applause:

Thank you! :hug:

So beautiful. I cried, i really did

aeNYLMO_460sa.gif

Thanks so much!

aeNYLMO_460sa.gif

Ronk

Applause really is a masterpiece. :legend:

ONLY GAGA SONG which never gets old!

This.  And I agree with the OP.

And despite the leak, despite the proximity with the Roar release, despite the media anxious to criticize anything to do with Gaga, despite everything, Applause was used in commercials, fashion shows, TV shows.  It's the business of advertisers to know what's good and will help sell their product, and they chose Applause.  It is a masterpiece.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Speechless18

The quarter notes in applause create a speed illusion depending on the tempo of the songs you listen to around it. Because the beat is very jerky it will either sound super slow or super fast. It's a technique that is usually used in more alternative electronic music but Gaga brought it to pop. Also the non structured best right before the chorus can also give the illusion that the chorus increases and speed and raises volume :yes:

This is great, thank you!

I never realized this about Applause. Kind of like the song version of an onomatopoeia.

Fish

This was the first thing I noticed about the song, I love it!

can u explain ?? i wanna know :O

Emvee

Amazing how the Grammys never took any of that into consideration.

Poor sales? Don't nominate it.

CannaeDrive

This.  And I agree with the OP.

And despite the leak, despite the proximity with the Roar release, despite the media anxious to criticize anything to do with Gaga, despite everything, Applause was used in commercials, fashion shows, TV shows.  It's the business of advertisers to know what's good and will help sell their product, and they chose Applause.  It is a masterpiece.

So true, so true  :yes: 

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Cody Draco

Yes thank you for posting this I agree 100% with you, even though I didn't realize it until you posted this thread.

Can we also discuss "Baby it's the end of you" because I feel like that gets overlooked. I think that line is 1. talking about the end of the album 2. talking about the end of Gaga. I think Applause could be about Gaga's hip injury and how she knew that she was injured and that it was the end of her, but she couldn't live without the applause so she kept touring. Sorry for the long post I just really love Applause!  :hug:  :sara:

Archived