Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Needs To Leave Interscope Before It Is Too Late

PigInsideAHuman

Featured Posts

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
heavymlover

Beyoncé and Madonna are not as independent as you think. There must be a corporation behind them. Gaga simply wouldn't be able to handle all the stuff the label does by herself.

Allison M

This is ignoring the fact that The Fame and The Fame Monster were written before the label had any idea how successful Gaga would be. They had no clue that she would get that big. Once she did, they put an eye on her. 

They were fine with her writing her own music. Yes.

But you want Gaga to leave the label entirely. Which would mean funding and promoting herself. 

She has creative control and always has, Interscope doesn't take that from her. Interscope supports her. Why would she leave that to do it herself? That is putting way too much on her plate.

We have faith in her songwriting, producing, performing, directing, etc. But she needs help with promo which is what Interscope does.

Dean Winchester

Record labels were completely different.

You aren't considering the fact that record labels have completely changed since the 80s and 90s.  Dramatically. Labels gave their artists far more freedom and didn't begin to control their brands until the late 90s when they (ha) wanted artists like Madonna and Michael Jackson to come to fruition, hence why most pop stars are molded after Madonna and Michael. 

You don't realllly know if that is true. I would say the people that built Gaga's success was Gaga herself, and the ten of fifteen people around her that knew what they were doing. Ever since those people have gone they have been replaced with industry types.

Which is something any label would do? Ironically, it's the GUY video where she shows her distaste and anger at the music industry. You think Gaga put herself breaking a bottle over a music executive's head because she was happy with her label?

in the GUY video, its not the label she's talking about.  She's talking about other corporations such as The Atom Factory, her previous management (Troy Carter).  She even said in a lm.com letter that her label and her had a good relationship and that they supported her.  She even said that what went on with troy, her label didn't even know about.  

tl;dr :emma:

if she does leave Interscope it would be because she wants all the power and control (get that Marina promo :teehee: ) to herself and her own team. Also because that would give her full artistic freedom (although it would give her some problems, like what if she spends all the budget :emma: )

Personally I think she's fine with them, it's one of the best labels in my opinion, I prefer her there than at RCA like Kesha or something)

dragqueenshego

I think this is crazy. Do you know how many people would kill for a record deal with Interscope. It's pathetic to whine when you nearly have everything! She should be happy to be in her position. And in my opinion, Beyonce is not above Gaga... Madonna is the queen but gaga is on the same level as bey despite record sales. also, bey had a genius marketing strategy. 

Gagadisiak

He is shakesqueer :rip:

mess why he got a new account . :rip: he's other account is banned . idk but this guy is a damn mess. 

Où est-tu ma Salope ?

dragqueenshego

in the GUY video, its not the label she's talking about.  She's talking about other corporations such as The Atom Factory, her previous management (Troy Carter).  She even said in a lm.com letter that her label and her had a good relationship and that they supported her.  She even said that what went on with troy, her label didn't even know about.  

Also didn't Akon betray her? I saw a video in the last week of him saying he stayed with while the iron was still hot.. that would really hurt to hear. 

manyatyau

I don't want to be negative but in my opinion, music is more important..ARTPOP is really not an album that can last long, no matter how they promote it. The only good and catchy song on the album is APPLAUSE, gypsy is fine but it's not really good enough to top the charts.  Her first two albums gain massive success is because two of them are both really good album. As a fan i really like Born This Way ,however, it's a step back for general public. Gaga loses her reputation on Born This Way for being a general,catchy pop song singer.  I'm not saying gaga has to since she's already one of the biggest stars but if gaga want to headline all newspaper again, she really has to release an really good album.  ARTPOP won't change anything. 

I believe this has nothing to do with the label tbh. I often see Paparazzi as the start of Gagas own creative direction (with the HAUS that is). It marked the first video which wasnt all about "looking good, singing your song and sell s-x". It was the real start of "WeirdGa" and during the TFM-era everything was executed perfectly by Gaga and the HAUS (she worked with great director, producers for videos as well) and the label kept letting her do what she wanted.

Gagas recent decline is because she's fed up doing what the industry thinks a pop star should do (NOT what the label thinks) and is acting like some kind of anti-pop star. Personally I think Gaga should play the game more (not as hardcore as Katy Perry but I know Gaga is just as smart as Madonna who has done it well)
But ah well, if she wants to be a creative rebellion despite backlash, decline and less success. It's her choise :spin:

Dean Winchester

Also didn't Akon betray her? I saw a video in the last week of him saying he stayed with while the iron was still hot.. that would really hurt to hear. 

Yeah he did too.  There are plenty of others who have betrayed her but i don't think the label is one of them.   

Jenniferella

mess why he got a new account . :rip: he's other account is banned . idk but this guy is a damn mess. 

Opening threads like there's no tomorrow :smh:

Anyway, I really don't know what to think about this since we really don't know what's happening behind the scenes 

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Archived