💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

My sadness for GUY

Kenon Astro

Featured Posts

I think the G.U.Y. video embodies pop cultures's obsession with self-obsession and the self-obsessed.

I don't know if that was Gaga's intention.

But it is interesting that most reviews and most fan tributes are to do with how incredible she looked, how wonderfully surreal the settings were, how ironic this or that was, and how cool it is that Gaga has done something so wonderfully typically Gaga (whatever that means). i.e. the reception is very shallow.

For me the video wasn't moving. It was emotionally impotent. It didn't make me smile, laugh, cry, frown, wonder, or feel anything TBH. I don't mind. I have accepted that Gaga, as an artist, is completely focused on fame (and fame's concubines) as her subject. Some artists do that. They focus on one thing and their growth as an artist is all to do with how they develop in their treatments.

I think many a PHD will be written on Gaga as an exponent of liminoid theatre.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wahkeenasitka

I think the G.U.Y. video embodies pop cultures's obsession with self-obsession and the self-obsessed.

I don't know if that was Gaga's intention.

But it is interesting that most reviews and most fan tributes are to do with how incredible she looked, how wonderfully surreal the settings were, how ironic this or that was, and how cool it is that Gaga has done something so wonderfully typically Gaga (whatever that means). i.e. the reception is very shallow.

For me the video wasn't moving. It was emotionally impotent. It didn't make me smile, laugh, cry, frown, wonder, or feel anything TBH. I don't mind. I have accepted that Gaga, as an artist, is completely focused on fame (and fame's concubines) as her subject. Some artists do that. They focus on one thing and their growth as an artist is all to do with how they develop in their treatments.

I think many a PHD will be written on Gaga as an exponent of liminoid theatre.

Interesting perception / a--lysis. 

Definitely most people are pretty superficial and have a shallow level of intelligence / thinking when it comes to things.. which is why pop music is so popular to begin with. 

Regardless, I disagree that this video is "emotionally impotent" - I would say this was Gaga's most personally emotionally self-expressed video to date, aside from Marry the Night & Born This Way. 

I actually cried the first time I watched G.U.Y. 

Here's my a--lysis of the video... 

Lady Gaga's new music video - G.U.Y. - is the clearest embodiment and expression of the Divine Feminine in a pop music video that I've ever seen.

The underlying message of G.U.Y. is clearly anti-patriarchal, and is also a metaphor of the hero's journey (or the heroine's journey). The video to me expresses the rebirth of the Goddess and the empowered reclamation of the divine feminine force of creativity - Shakti.

The video begins with a flurry of men in business suits who have just shot down and nearly killed the winged Gaga, who is a Phoenix barely able to rise from the ash of destruction brought upon her by greedy, corporate men in suits who are running away with bows, arrows and stacks of cash that they celebrate having grabbed as they leave her to die in a pile of smoke. She is barely able to rise to her feet, and struggles to break the arrow that has been shot right through her heart.

This is a metaphor not only for Gaga's own personal devastation brought upon her by corporate music industry managers, and a tour that nearly destroyed her hip - but is also a metaphor for the ravaged Earth that is being destroyed by corporations. Gaga's rise as a phoenix emerging from the ash, is symbolic of the emergence of feminine divinity and the healing of the Goddess from eons of the Patriarchy devouring and consuming feminine creativity, s-xuality and Shakti power.

Gaga is carried and lead to the realm of the Goddess Venus, to be renewed, rejevunated and healed by the cleansing waters of a sacred pool. Her body is renewed by the higher powers of the Goddess.

At this point, we see Gaga claim herself as a "power bottom" receiving s-xual pleasure through being submissive and yet - in control. She is reviving her creative powers through healing her traumatized s-xual past, which she recently confessed was brought on by forced submission to corporate music industry men in suits.

Simultaneously, she is cloning an army of new business men in suits who were imprinted with the blood and DNA of Gandhi, Jesus Christ and Michael Jackson - who have wisdom, compassion and creativity at the forefront of their minds - rather than the old ways of patriarchal greed. She then goes to a corporate business office where she and a group of women take out the old business men in their offices, and kill them.. Metaphorically, taking out the patriarchy and replacing them with the new cloned men imprinted with Gandhi's DNA.

Throughout this video, we see the heroine's journey from destruction and almost death, rising up towards healing and renewal, self-expression, creativity and s-xual ecstasy - and retaliation against the money-hungry evil men who tried to rape, slaughter & roast her like a hog over a spit for their own greed and enjoyment... (ref. SXSW Aura performance)

The Goddess known as Lady Gaga has been resurrected, is fully confident in her creativity and has reclaimed her power.

http://gagadaily.com/index.php?/topic/94961-guy-is-a-metaphor-for-the-resurrection-of-the-goddess/

Jase

I feel you, man... I'm not saying much since yesterday because everyone is in 'sucking Gaga's dick' mode for now and I wouldn't wanna spoil the fun on here, but yay... Even though I find the video enjoyable, my heart breaks a little every time I read someone saying it's Gaga's best video to date...  :roll:

Or fans just legit love the video? Don't be rude.

GagaDragon

I think people are just excited Gaga released a new MV hence some deluded responses. Visually i think the video was beautiful and i think this is the most gorgeous Gaga has looked in a MV as well. 

But i thought it seemed as though it was kind of rushed...the transition from ARTPOP to Venus didn't flow well and the same goes for Venus to GUY which was a bit random.

I think once GUY started the MV was amazing though but not her best that's for sure. I decided to watch Alejandro after the GUY MV and the difference was substantial.

daviddarko

I actually do agree with him, and more will probably agree once the excitement of the release is gonna wear off.

Nobody agrees with you

eFNjwAJ.png

so, Bye

tumblr_inline_n2seahjcYj1qf3u7f.gif

Interesting perception / a--lysis. 

Definitely most people are pretty superficial and have a shallow level of intelligence / thinking when it comes to things.. which is why pop music is so popular to begin with. 

Regardless, I disagree that this video is "emotionally impotent" - I would say this was Gaga's most personally emotionally self-expressed video to date, aside from Marry the Night & Born This Way. 

I actually cried the first time I watched G.U.Y. 

Here's my a--lysis of the video... 

Lady Gaga's new music video - G.U.Y. - is the clearest embodiment and expression of the Divine Feminine in a pop music video that I've ever seen.

The underlying message of G.U.Y. is clearly anti-patriarchal, and is also a metaphor of the hero's journey (or the heroine's journey). The video to me expresses the rebirth of the Goddess and the empowered reclamation of the divine feminine force of creativity - Shakti.

The video begins with a flurry of men in business suits who have just shot down and nearly killed the winged Gaga, who is a Phoenix barely able to rise from the ash of destruction brought upon her by greedy, corporate men in suits who are running away with bows, arrows and stacks of cash that they celebrate having grabbed as they leave her to die in a pile of smoke. She is barely able to rise to her feet, and struggles to break the arrow that has been shot right through her heart.

This is a metaphor not only for Gaga's own personal devastation brought upon her by corporate music industry managers, and a tour that nearly destroyed her hip - but is also a metaphor for the ravaged Earth that is being destroyed by corporations. Gaga's rise as a phoenix emerging from the ash, is symbolic of the emergence of feminine divinity and the healing of the Goddess from eons of the Patriarchy devouring and consuming feminine creativity, s-xuality and Shakti power.

Gaga is carried and lead to the realm of the Goddess Venus, to be renewed, rejevunated and healed by the cleansing waters of a sacred pool. Her body is renewed by the higher powers of the Goddess.

At this point, we see Gaga claim herself as a "power bottom" receiving s-xual pleasure through being submissive and yet - in control. She is reviving her creative powers through healing her traumatized s-xual past, which she recently confessed was brought on by forced submission to corporate music industry men in suits.

Simultaneously, she is cloning an army of new business men in suits who were imprinted with the blood and DNA of Gandhi, Jesus Christ and Michael Jackson - who have wisdom, compassion and creativity at the forefront of their minds - rather than the old ways of patriarchal greed. She then goes to a corporate business office where she and a group of women take out the old business men in their offices, and kill them.. Metaphorically, taking out the patriarchy and replacing them with the new cloned men imprinted with Gandhi's DNA.

Throughout this video, we see the heroine's journey from destruction and almost death, rising up towards healing and renewal, self-expression, creativity and s-xual ecstasy - and retaliation against the money-hungry evil men who tried to rape, slaughter & roast her like a hog over a spit for their own greed and enjoyment... (ref. SXSW Aura performance)

The Goddess known as Lady Gaga has been resurrected, is fully confident in her creativity and has reclaimed her power.

http://gagadaily.com/index.php?/topic/94961-guy-is-a-metaphor-for-the-resurrection-of-the-goddess/

What an amazing a--lysis, insightful and generous.

I guess to me the idea of 'emotionally impotent' sums up the condition or state of consciousness that attends a consumerist and individualistic mode of life.

Gaga's vision for G.U.Y. is no different to her vision for her fragrance, 'Fame'; being rich (being famous) gives you the power to call the shots of self-determination. i.e. to choose to be - rather than submit to being - submissive.

To make her point Gaga exploits resources that most women (and most patriarchal men lol) do not possess. The video is about how the privileged deal with disappointment.

Dammit, I gotta work. I really enjoyed reading your a--lysis!

Kenon Astro

I wish she'd jus get a director to better portray her visions and connect the film better

aaronyoji

homemade? yes cuz im sure any of us can just make this in our backyards with our computers yes yes lemme work on mine right now.....

Tokyo Rose

I've just been having a private meltdown about this video.

No point in discussing in depth my thoughts on this video. They like it because she looks good.

lego

homemade? yes cuz im sure any of us can just make this in our backyards with our computers yes yes lemme work on mine right now.....

This. Should get WP only for that homemade comment, so disrespectful.

FreePalestine

TheFame Monster

The transition between Venus and GUY shows how she is unstoppable.

wahkeenasitka

What an amazing a--lysis, insightful and generous.

I guess to me the idea of 'emotionally impotent' sums up the condition or state of consciousness that attends a consumerist and individualistic mode of life.

Gaga's vision for G.U.Y. is no different to her vision for her fragrance, 'Fame'; being rich (being famous) gives you the power to call the shots of self-determination. i.e. to choose to be - rather than submit to being - submissive.

To make her point Gaga exploits resources that most women (and most patriarchal men lol) do not possess. The video is about how the privileged deal with disappointment.

Thanks! 

Definitely emotional impotence does sum up the condition of a consumeristic lifestyle. agreed. 

I look at Gaga as a seeker primarily of freedom, liberation, self-determination, self-actualization & creativity. She is also into the glamour & wealth of being famous. But I think there is an underlying freedom in her that is more focused not being dominated, but always wanting to have her power. 

interesting statement about how "the privileged deal with disappointment" - I don't quite resonate with that. interesting, though. 

I know I'm late for this, but how the hell does anyone know what Jesus looks like?

it doesn't matter. Jesus is an archetype. a metaphor. 

Archived