💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

My sadness for GUY

Kenon Astro

Featured Posts

Don't put things I didn't say in my mouth. If anything, I'm just saying that fans are known for being impulsive ;) No need to feel outraged.

"I'm just saying that fans are known for being impulsive"

=

"everyone is in 'sucking Gaga's dick' mode"

k, if you say so...

bai

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
J e s s e

She should of had Francis direct it, to many messy cut scenes, too fast.

just wanted a reason to use this gif :lmao: Not really tryna be aggressive or mean or anything :hug:

wwERB6e.gif

"They have as much in common as dinosaurs and goldfish: the cracker kind!" - Penelope Garcia

I think she should have narrated the story in between each song maybe? It did feel odd for some reason going from submerged phoenix to s-x object/reality tv stars.

elijahfan

"I'm just saying that fans are known for being impulsive"

=

"everyone is in 'sucking Gaga's dick' mode"

k, if you say so...

bai

Yes, bye  :sweat:

Shadow

Well, I don't agree. I think those parts fitted in nicely and having the Housewives in the video have it an elite, high fashion feel to it. Gaga basically turned them into a choir for her songs for Guy and Venus. It's okay not to like everything she does and I'm sure there are others that will agree with you. However, everyone else that disagrees and loves the film has that right as well.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

drbumblenut

Does anyone here agree with me on this?

I love Gaga and always supports everything she does, and I understood the GUY video' storyline and all but something isn't satisfying. It seems like she used a lot of random cuts and scenes, instead of scenes with substance. The Venus bit was so anticlimactic, those house wives ruined it, that fold pool scene was unnecessary, Jesus and Michael didnt even look like them. Whole thing felt so homemade

I know what you mean. I feel bad, but I have a hard time not feeling this way. I wonder if this is ultimately a good thing because Gaga is following her creative star to the end of the universe, which will result in a distinctive body of work that is recognizable as only Gaga's... even if she breaks editing conventions left and right, which mutes the impact of the images and the story for me.

Then again, I felt a similar way about Marry The Night, and I just watched it again and it's f***ing phenomenal. Which is why maybe it's a good thing? Who knows.

Sabertooth

Well...Gaga directed the thing, so its not going to be a Kubrick film. I thought she did a great job directing though. If she was to get into film *hard* she would probably be great in the long run. 

lego

OP you are the same person whining about Gaga cause she doesn't make big production videos like Katy Perry. I remember you. This was not homemade, you just like to complain about everything. This was not a movie either, fast scenes are normal in music videos, keeps the viewer/fan coming back in case he missed something. It's such an improvement from MTN. And it's so colourful, she really outdid herself.

FreePalestine

Everything you said is exactly what I think about the FAME commercial :) To me, even though this is not really a music video, it is the best and most challenging audiovisual work Gaga has given us. I feel like the G.U.Y. video lacks vision - directed by a professional director or photographer, it could have been pretty unique. Here, the images are mainly gorgeous because of the setting.

Agreed. I kind of wish GaGa let a professional director take over - just to make the edits and shots flow a bit better.

GreenEyes

I for the most part found it was very on point and the story was very clear, the use of the songs fit perfectly for what was going on in the video. 

wahkeenasitka

I love Gaga and always supports everything she does, and I understood the GUY video' storyline and all but something isn't satisfying.

Whole thing felt so homemade

First of all.. The whole thing felt like a visual masterpiece on the level of the Godfather or Fellini or Alejandro Jodorowsky. 

Second, if you don't understand the GUY video storyline, perhaps this will help break it down for you: 

I think you should also consider spending a few hours listening to Gaga's recent interviews in which she talks about her career & relationship to the corporate music industry: 

Lady Gaga - SXSW Keynote Interview: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0DQnTw_TJA

Lady Gaga - The Culture Show Interview: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtTbGt0pOkc

"The corporate musical world is terrifying, I hate it. They try to tell me what to do, the entire time. I became a pop star because of my incessant drive and my love for creating, and then you’re faced with this choice - am I going to go left or right - and am I going to allow these corporate projections to drive what I do? And it’s tormenting for me, it’s actually physically painful. And I had to decide if I was going to allow that, and allow people to project things onto me.. I don’t want to allow myself to be controlled by corporations; they really don’t know what the **** they’re doing, it’s poison, it’s the death of art and it’s killing young people. It’s just like fast food; it might taste good at first - but after you eat it for many years, you might get really fat or sick and die. I just want to feed my fans good food." 

- Lady Gaga, on The Culture Show

Jenniferella

I agree with you man. The whole thing seemed soulless to me

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

Archived