💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Who are the talentless acts that took over when Gaga was absent?

Bambino

Featured Posts

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy scheisse

The point isn't to insult the show, it's to show these fancy rich women pretending to play their instruments. They represent a lot of people in the industry who don't know anything about making music because its made for them and their only job is to look pretty and sell themselves. 

My interpretation

drbumblenut

I don't believe that. She said she loves the show, she said she watched it while she was immobile after the surgery.

I forgot about this. So, if Gaga is carried to the pool after being immobilized, then her baptism / recovery seems to include visions of the Housewives playing instruments, which is an awesomely psychedelic hospital-bed hallucination. I actually love it way more now. It's personal and even makes sense that they weren't playing the instruments well. The "talentless acts" thing was way shady. 

FameHungry

Exactly. She only used the housewives to represent something/something. She loves them and the last thing she'd do is shade them in their presences. But the fact that the whole scene look awkward/was meant to look awkward sure has something else to say about the situation of the music/pop culture scene.

Yeah, the scene looks out of place in the video but I'm guessing purposely. 

Jeff Kunst

Gaga's mission has always been to question or even destroy the supposed line between "low-brow" and "high-brow" art, not to reinforce it. So maybe to most people the Housewives' appearance would represent low-brow trash, but not in the context of Gaga's work.

holy scheisse

They are muses/modern Goddesses.

Look at the song that is playing. VENUS. GODDESS OF LOVE TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER.

If Gaga wanted to make a commentary on "mindless commercial music" this was not the song nor the setting for it.

The lyrics of a song don't necessarily need to match what you are being shown on screen though.

Certainly did not stop her from making Telephone about breaking out of prison and committing homicide 

drbumblenut

Gaga's mission has always been to destroy the supposed line between "low-brow" and "high-brow" art, not to reinforce it. So maybe to most people the Housewives' appearance would represent low-brow trash, but not in the context of Gaga's work.

Agreed. The high-brow/low-brow discussion is moot when you're creating just to create, which is the big idea of Gaga's work. The more I think about it, the more the "talentless acts" interpretation makes me queasy.

Tokyo Rose

The lyrics of a song don't necessarily need to match what you are being shown on screen though.

Certainly did not stop her from making Telephone about breaking out of prison and committing homicide

Telephone occured in a "prison for b---hes" and a trashy diner, this scene occurs in a beautiful castle and everyone in the castle is there to help Gaga recover

holy scheisse

Telephone occured in a "prison for b---hes" and a trashy diner, this scene occurs in a beautiful castle and everyone in the castle is there to help Gaga recover

def was talking about the song content not the setting

Tokyo Rose

def was talking about the song content not the setting

My original post, which you replied to, mentions setting. And you brought up Telephone

Creyk

Well, Lorde immediately comes to mind

Psy, the Harlem Shake guy, many one-hit wonders...lots of random performers came and went while she was gone

holy scheisse

My original post, which you replied to, mentions setting. And you brought up Telephone

"They are muses/modern Goddesses.

Look at the song that is playing. VENUS. GODDESS OF LOVE TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER.

If Gaga wanted to make a commentary on "mindless commercial music" this was not the song nor the setting for it."

hardly mentioned

:staymad:

Tokyo Rose

"They are muses/modern Goddesses.

If Gaga wanted to make a commentary on "mindless commercial music" this was not the song nor the setting for it."

hardly mentioned

:staymad:

I assumed most people would be able to read between the lines...

Archived