💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

BTWF Farce: more spent on lawyers than event organisation

Yoshi

Featured Posts

MonsterMum

"Don’t get me wrong: I like Lady Gaga and her parents."

Yeh because that's not a standard line right?

It's the but part that comes after it and as they say everything after the "but" is gonna dismiss everything that comes in front of it.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DrewStevens

"Don’t get me wrong: I like Lady Gaga and her parents."

that sounds like:

"i'm not racist but..."

"i'm not against gays but..."

Emvee

This article can NOT spread :awkney:

It will. People will JUMP at the opportunity to say anything bad about this foundation, even if it's misguided and taken out of context.

lazygaga

It's not all that shocking, I mean they have to build a website, get the bus, do all the administrative stuff before they can actually do any charity work. They can't just start giving charity when nobody even knows anything about them :awkney:

thefamebitch

The BTWF isn't a charity that donates sums of money to anything though, they organize events in order to assist people in stuff like bullying etc (like the born brave bus)... So 5000 under grants is actually less explainable to me than the rest

Yeh because that's not a standard line right?

It's the but part that comes after it and as they say everything after the "but" is gonna dismiss everything that comes in front of it.

he is reporting news? 

pie-kun

Erm, none of that spending is unusual for a startup charity.

These are for the year it started. There are tons of legal and publicity fees for any charity in its first year.

People are really ****ing stupid, I can't.

Not suprised since they barely do anything other than the brave bus, and share stories on FB.

tbh

it's not in the news enough to have any effect

Zilla

Honestly not surprised that the money I donated last year went to legal fees :coffee:

Makes me more hesitant to donate anything in the future sadly. 

𝙸'𝚖 𝚊 𝚓𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚓𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕.

WheresTheDoggo

I don't know if its true, i doubt it cause of Immigration risks but I've heard recently with the Harper's Bazaar pieces and the Virgin Galactic seat that the Born This Way Foundation are actually trying to raise money at the moment for more US events and also are saving to bring the bus to country abroad like The UK, Europe and many other countries like that :shrug:

hey I'm Doggo :derpga:

Wisdomless1

So the suggestion was to donate to Elton John's foundation.  Well what about startup costs?  

It's honestly not a big deal to me.  It's going to cost a crap load to get a NEW organization settled with a decent foundation that will let it last.  

Along with that, it takes a lot of money just to raise awareness through advertising, web content development, which probably includes LM.com, its servers, development, and upkeep.

Then I know there's gotta be legal issues involved with getting permits for events.

I just don't think it's fair to say the numbers don't add up.  I'd honestly chalk up the bucketing of those numbers to just poor accounting, which I doubt they did much of in the beginning of its inception.

MonsterMarty

Oh my God MESS.

I know I'm in such a minority, but I wish LM.com/BTWF and all love-yourself-and-you're-set stuff would make a swift departure or at least sit way in the background.

Archived