💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

It's not the songs, It's Gaga - Thoughts?

JackMonster

Featured Posts

JackMonster

I'm curious to know actually how many people believe that ARTPOP is the reason that ARTPOP didn't sell well or wasn't received well compared to other new albums. 

Do you think if Katy released ARTPOP exactly as it is now just with her vocals instead of Gagas, including the way it's been marketed and stuff too, ARTPOP would've been a hit? 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katy could make anything a hit tbh

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

I think it's Gaga, people are turned off by her. Not saying that ARTPOP is her best because I believe BTW was but the music on ARTPOP offers a lot of diversity that even the general public might enjoy, they just don't give her a chance.

ryhanna

Oh yeah, the media was out to make sure ARTPOP was deemed a flop from day one. 

There's also a bit of fault on Gaga's side though, in the sense that there was never a video for the second single and she keeps dropping off the face of the earth. :rip: When it comes down to it, I think there's a few factors that went into ARTPOP not being as successful as it could have been. 

GagaMyBlood95

It's definitely Gaga...

She is doing her thing, and its just not working with the gp anymore...

Maybe if she did something big, it could work because every ARTPOP song(well almost every) is better than most of the songs that are currently in TOP 10 iTunes so..

Gaga is Life

Unconditionally really showed to me that not everything Katy will be completely eaten up. But I'm sure it would've done well :spin:

Let Love Down

i dont think so if gaga releases 21, she would still smash. People still want her to be successful

Creyk

If Britney released ARTPOP it would be hailed as iconic and forward-thinking

the reason that ARTPOP didn't sell well or wasn't received well compared to other new albums.

That isn't even true, though.

artpopmess

Maybe cause it doesn't have such as strong theme as all her previous albums did

don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

Harry

It's definitely Gaga...

She is doing her thing, and its just not working with the gp anymore...

Maybe if she did something big, it could work because every ARTPOP song(well almost every) is better than most of the songs that are currently in TOP 10 iTunes so..

Well I don't think going on a blackout and not releasing a video would work with the GP for many artists.

I don't think it's the songs or Gaga. It's the lack of promo and hype. The era has been a marketing mess. The album sales were lower than we expected but it was actually selling pretty standardly for a pop girl album. Until she decided to disappear again, that is.

For example I think people like Applause and DWUW, but both were under utilised. Applause only got promo in US (and then way later in Japan), and the messy rush release did it no favours. Especially with no radio deal. DWUW ... I don't think we even need to go there lol. The lack of video is insane but I guess something happened we don't know about, so I don't want to blame anyone. The worst part is, the song was starting to take off in places and the reception to it was the most positive a Gaga song had seen in a long time, but then it just fell flat because nothing was done.

Her team haven't maximised the potential of this album, because there are definitely hits on it. And it doesn't matter who it is, if people like the music, they will buy it. That's my opinion anyway.

Weasel

What does Katy have to do with this? ARTPOP is not selling because it is not being promoted. It's Gaga's own fault for not promoting (or at least whoever makes the choices at Gaga's team). I'm not sure how one could know that she has an album out if they didn't know about Applause. 

Archived