Ukraine-Russia Crisis Discussion (Post all related news here)

Melech

Featured Posts

bumblebee

I'm not quite sure if I understand. So you mean the only solution would be a free trading zone and splitting the Ukraine?

Not actually splitting. England and Scotland, for example, are two different countries, but they both belong to a single state - the UK. 

If Ukraine manages to form such a structure within itself, without any split, then the western (pro-EU) mega-region can later sign the agreement with the EU, while the Eastern mega-region will not, for example 

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Melech

• Cupid

• elixt

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

Melech

Not actually splitting. England and Scotland, for example, are two different countries, but they both belong to a single state - the UK. 

If Ukraine manages to form such a structure within itself, without any split, then the western (pro-EU) mega-region can later sign the agreement with the EU, while the Eastern mega-region will not, for example 

Do you really think that this could work? Like I mean even in England and Scotland are conflicts about splitting. Cyprus is also splittet and full of problems.

What if the pro-EU want to join the EU or even the Eurozone (in FAAAAR future),how would u manage this? 

bumblebee

I was not comparing to say this is anything like the nationalism and nazism that happened in 38 I just meant that the whole scenario is shaky. It's not up to Russia to just casually occupy another country with troops. This is illegal by international law and Putin is well aware of it. I don't know it's just all so shady. It's obviously not good to just stand by while Ukraine is imploding from within but this is definitely not the desired situation either.

I certainly understand that it's illegal by international law, but why was international law so subjective in use?

Why does the critique now comes from the USA, who themselves violated the UN regulations when invading Iraq in 2003? :messga:   

Melech

I certainly understand that it's illegal by international law, but why was international law so subjective in use?

Why does the critique now comes from the USA, who themselves violated the UN regulations when invading Iraq in 2003? :messga:   

Both foreign policies are silly and USA get a lot backlash as well. The thing is just EU didn't do anything against USA  back then ,but now Ukraine is IN Europe and EU worries now too.

The bush administrations decisions when it comes to Iraq (and other actions) will forever be beyond me...

bumblebee

Do you really think that this could work? Like I mean even in England and Scotland are conflicts about splitting. Cyprus is also splittet and full of problems.

What if the pro-EU want to join the EU or even the Eurozone (in FAAAAR future),how would u manage this? 

I don't know whether this would work. I just have some friends in Kiev and Kharkiv and I'm really worried for them and hope they stay safe :excited2:

I repeat myself, it's hard to imagine people there finding a balance now, because they seem to have completely opposite views.I would love also to point your attention to another fact, which is for some reasons always ignored in official media reports.

As a person who has visited Ukraine several times and who is studying economics, I can say the Ukraine is an extremely poor country. According to the level of gdp per capita it is below El Salvador, Namibia and Algeria. The national reserves of Ukraine stand at appr. $15 billion now, and my friend recently texted me that the bank operations of withdrawing currency deposits have been frozen for some time. It means that you can't get money from your account if it's in dollars or euros.

I think that prior to joining the EU or intensifying economic partnership with Russia the government better get dem shiz right and improve the economy, and only after providing the citizens with a proper level of living start thinking about joining any side. :noparty:  

Edited by supersergaz
Melech

I don't know whether this would work. I just have some friends in Kiev and Kharkiv and I'm really worried for them and hope they stay safe :excited2:

I repeat myself, it's hard to imagine people there finding a balance now, because they seem to have completely opposite views.I would love also to point your attention to another fact, which is for some reasons always ignored in official media reports.

As a person who has visited Ukraine several times and who is studying economics, I can say the Ukraine is an extremely poor country. According to the level of gdp per capita it is below El Salvador, Namibia and Algeria. The national reserves of Ukraine stand at appr. $15 billion now, and my friend recently texted me that the bank operations of withdrawing currency deposits have been frozen for some time. It means that you can't get money from your account if it's in dollars or euros.

I think that prior to joining the EU or intensifying economic partnership with Russia the government better get dem shiz right and improve the economy, and only after establishing the citizens with a proper level of living start thinking about joining any side. :noparty:  

I agree. Let's just pray that everything will went well :ohno:

I don't want war, I want everybody living happy to each other :sara:

Vernier

Russia's hypocritical actions on this compared to Syria is nothing short of mindblowing :smh:

I remember when Putin was being hailed as some sort of rights champion for not wanting to enter Syria because he respected them as a sovereign nation and now this.

Edited by PurplePatch
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn
MyQueen

Yugoslavia splited because they wanted. There were referndums in Bosnia-Herzegowina,Croatia,Slovenia,Mazedonia and Montenegro and they all wanted independence. 

After referendum Pro Yugoslavia( Serbia) attacked Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia

Melech

After referendum Pro Yugoslavia( Serbia) attacked Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia

oh,that user was from Serbia,maybe that's why he was so pro yugoslavia 

Morphine Prince

Yesterday: Russia denies involvement with troops in Ukraine

Today: Russia's troops in Ukraine

:smh:

SinAgain

Russia must protect poor civilians from right wing extremists in Ukraine who took power and wear guns and threat with future nuclear attack. It is logical move. USA did the same thing many times before.

While supporting a regime that kills its own people, right? Russia is not in this to protect anyone. It is simply an exercise in dominance and control.

• Shadow locked this topic