🐍 Official visual for Dorian Electra's remix of "Replay" 🐍

Ukraine-Russia Crisis Discussion (Post all related news here)

Melech

Featured Posts

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Melech

• Cupid

• elixt

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

bumblebee

I am against troops in Ukraine, but I just want to remind you that the problem exists because there is a pro-EU and pro-Russian parts in Ukraine. The logical move would be to split in two, but I don't think Western Ukraine wants it.

If it happens, Western part will have freedom, but will be in a horrible economic condition, because economic center of Ukraine is in the industrial eastern part, plus they get lots of benefits from Russia (gas price discount, credit, etc.)

I believe the best way for them is to be separated in different countries, but co-exist like single state like England and Scotland, for example 

And thank you so much for reminding people of the fact that Ukrain is extremely politically divided between pro-EU and pro-Russian moods, it's almost fifty-fifty 

Edited by supersergaz
Sam Winchester
Lemme remind u gurl that Ukrainian president was elected at elections, and this new proEU government is radical and took power by coup and not democratic elections. They fright people and threat. You want Ukrainian president to be USA/EU puppet. Putin and Ukrainians say no. Now Ukraine will split, just like Yugoslavia did. Bye
he was elected democratically but not be Putin's puppet. The eu doesn't force anyone, any country is free to leave if it sees fit and the eu won't send in the military to "stabilise the situation". There's always a pro-Russian troll around here. I remember even during the anti-gay stuff they did prior to the Olympics.
bumblebee

he was elected democratically but not be Putin's puppet. The eu doesn't force anyone, any country is free to leave if it sees fit and the eu won't send in the military to "stabilise the situation". There's always a pro-Russian troll around here. I remember even during the anti-gay stuff they did prior to the Olympics.

The problem is that half of the country seems to be happy with economic and political partnership with Russia, while another half of Ukraine seeks political and economic union with EU. It is now seems impossible to balance these views.  

Sam Winchester

The problem is that half of the country seems to be happy with economic and political partnership with Russia, while another half of Ukraine seeks political and economic union with EU. It is now seems impossible to balance these views.

Then there should be a split, however splits are always messy :noparty:

Golden Gangsta

RTDaily*

I meant how GagaDaily is like a world news website now. All the new threads are about Ukraine or some other mess :manicure:

bumblebee

Then there should be a split, however splits are always messy :noparty:

I don't think it's fair for Ukraine to witness a split  :ohwell: 

They are a country and their right to be together should be respected by both, EU and Russia. As I've said, I do believe the idea for them to co-exist as two mega-regions may be reasonable, but as long as they remain as a single state

BuzzcutSeason

I know, the Russian government never fails to disappoint me. This could turn out to be really bad.

Right? Like this isn't good at all. I turn out as bad as it could get..Like this could be War...

Edited by BuzzcutSeason
Sam Winchester

I don't think it's fair for Ukraine to witness a split  :ohwell: 

They are a country and their right to be together should be respected by both, EU and Russia. As I've said, I do believe the idea for them to co-exist as two mega-regions may be reasonable, but as long as they remain as a single state

How can both sides be appeased if they remain under one government? One side wants Russian ties while the other wants to break free...

bumblebee

War feels closer than ever.

Chill out, there's nobody Russia can fight in Ukraine. They are sending troops in order to: 

- to give the new government a clear sign that they don't respect it all, deny it's legitimate and still believe Yanukovich is the president

- to protect the pro-western regions from possible conflicts and clashed with pro-western ones.

The war needs an enemy, while they don't have one.   

Melech

Chill out, there's nobody Russia can fight in Ukraine. They are sending troops in order to: 

- to give the new government a clear sign that they don't respect it all, deny it's legitimate and still believe Yanukovich is the president

- to protect the pro-western regions from possible conflicts and clashed with pro-western ones.

The war needs an enemy, while they don't have one.   

There always these small steps which cause a war.

It feels rather like a Cold War 2.0.  EU vs. Russia

bumblebee

How can both sides be appeased if they remain under one government? One side wants Russian ties while the other wants to break free...

They can exist like England and Scotland (they belong to the UK), it's an example from the juristic point of view.

The real problem sounds that way: the regions are never purely pro-western or pro-Russian. Even in Crimea, where over 80% would approve of splitting from Ukraine and joining Russia, there're still 20% who would support European integration. 

• Shadow locked this topic