đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Are blackouts hurting or helping Gaga?

GHGUY

Featured Posts

Everyone kept saying Gaga needed a blackout in 2011 cuz she was non-stop since late 2008/early 2009 a presence on the radio, awards shows, etc. and that's why the BTW singles post TEOG were flopping etc.

but KP has been non stop since 2010 with TD and her singles have all gone #1 (sans One that Got Away and Unconditionally) and it doesn't seem like the public is sick of her... In fact her popularity is bigger than ever.

Same with Rihanna... Every year she releases a new album and her singles still go #1and are constantly played on the radio and it doesn't seem like she's stopping any time soon. He public still loves her and hadn't had enough of her.

Should Gaga have released an album in 2012 and not put it off to late 2013 and follow it up with another mini blackout? I feel like the public just seems go forget about her. Each time Christina Aguilera did a blackout her albums performed more worse. Is Gaga going down the same path as Christina Aguilera? Or is this just a hiccup in her career and she will recover, even if not to the level she once used to be?

Discuss.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hurting, I bet a lot of people think she hasn't done anything since 2011 or even 2012 :rip:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

She needs to cut the blackouts. Instead of being overexposed people have actually been asking "Where's Lady Gaga?" or "What has Lady Gaga been up to?" They don't even know she has an album out anymore

Smooth Criminal

I feel like the public just seems go forget about her. Each time Christina Aguilera did a blackout her albums performed more worse. Is Gaga going down the same path as Christina Aguilera?

THIS X 10000000.

It is hurting her. A lot!

Gaga is doing the same thing Xtina did. And Katy & Rihanna are doing the same thing Britney did.

And we all know how that went for both Xtina & Britney. While Xtina was taking 2 - 4 years breaks....Britney was busy cementing her place in the Pop world.

"Blackouts" are NEVER a good idea, especially for Pop Female artists, because if you are not going to do something, there will always be 10 other girls more than willing to take your place. It's as simple as that.

JustPokeHerFace

Part of Me did go number one, Wide Awake didn't. And maybe she's doing well, but in terms of the general public, people are beginning to get tired of her. 

And I think that it could be helpful if she comes back with something strong. Having a blackout, performing on 1 TV show, and then going into another blackout isn't going to help anything. Having a blackout, filming a killer video for an awesome track and then coming back promoting it can help (I'm hoping this is how GUY turns out). And I think that she can have a smash album after a blackout if she reinvents herself.

Part of Me did go number one, Wide Awake didn't. And maybe she's doing well, but in terms of the general public, people are beginning to get tired of her.

And I think that it could be helpful if she comes back with something strong. Having a blackout, performing on 1 TV show, and then going into another blackout isn't going to help anything. Having a blackout, filming a killer video for an awesome track and then coming back promoting it can help (I'm hoping this is how GUY turns out). And I think that she can have a smash album after a blackout if she reinvents herself.

Oops I meant One that Got Away

Smooth Criminal

No one is getting tired of Katy Perry, it's not even close. lol

No one is getting tired of Katy Perry, it's not even close. lol

This.... Nobody but Gaga fans seem to be sick of her

rubytuesday

I don't think a blackout in-between albums was a bad idea but a blackout this long in the middle of an album makes me nervous.  I was excited for a while but now it's been going on for a long time without that much material at its start (compared to something like the BTW era).  As for whether or not it's hurting more than helping, we'll have to wait and see how she's received when she resurfaces.

My hope that I'm still clinging to is that she's making some meticulous, amazing plan for the rest of the era that will knock us off our feet.  I was definitely thinking that was the plan a month or two ago, now idk.  But if anyone can surprises us, it's Gaga.

I wish that if she did a blackout, it would be brief (a few weeks, a month) and a COMPLETE blackout - no tweeting or LM.com, no public appearances,  etc.  Maybe even nuke her twitter like she did at the start of ARTPOP and blackout her site.  And then slowly start to introduce simple but great methods of hype - a countdown to something unknown, mysterious tweets, etc... just taking maximum advantage of a blackout that makes it obvious that she knows what she's doing and has plans in the works.  I'm not really sure what's going on with her right now.  Hopefully it'll be more than worth it once she returns!!

THIS X 10000000.

It is hurting her. A lot!

Gaga is doing the same thing Xtina did. And Katy & Rihanna are doing the same thing Britney did.

And we all know how that went for both Xtina & Britney. While Xtina was taking 2 - 4 years breaks....Britney was busy cementing her place in the Pop world.

"Blackouts" are NEVER a good idea, especially for Pop Female artists, because if you are not going to do something, there will always be 10 other girls more than willing to take your place. It's as simple as that.

Exactly... I don't think blackouts are ever smart.... She just needs to keep going until the GP budges

It's not blackout in general that's hurting her, it's the blackout > "I'm back!" > blackout > "I'm back!" all in the space of what, one month?

Archived