💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Ongoing petition to ban Katy Perry's Dark Horse from YouTube (UPDATED)

Ascetic

Featured Posts

whoever put that sign in there its just stupid, why would you put Allah in there, like, why? its just stupid and the team deserves the backlash, im a religion free believer, I hate religions and how they control people, but they give people hope and a reason to exist, and its disgusting when someone mocks people's beliefs

and stop trying to put it on the same level as Gaga eating a rosary, it wasnt a good idea, but she didnt burn the heart of a whole religion like katy

signed and i hope this happens, people have passed her bull**** as cute for long enough, and anyone with a little respect for music should know that shes pure bs

Katy didn't "burn the heart of a whole religion." She burned a man who happened to be wearing a religious symbol. Gaga defiled the religious symbol itself.

People are such idiots...It's called 1) FREE SPEECH and 2) YOUTUBE.

Stop watching it if you don't like it. A two second scene isn't gonna kill the religion... :wtf:

I signed

:derpga:

You signed even though you just said how stupid the petition was...?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ascetic

• GHGUY

• PopReaper

• craig

Mister G

Ooooooo my Gaaaaaa, we just took a thread about this one topic and dragged it out for 17 pages. Girls enough is enough already! Seriously this is beyond stupid that people can't agree to disagree peacefully without criticizing someone else's religious beliefs. I don't believe in any particular religion, so I guess like I'm a freelancer or something? Anyways, I believe in a higher being but I don't believe in following an organized set of beliefs. Now, with that being said here are my 2 cents:

1) There are a few of you on here whom I've read previous comments in response to various threads and judging by the way you act on here, you are in absolutely no position to question anyone for believing in one religion over another.

2) Furthermore, how dare you sit there and say that we have no right to defend that religion because of some of their practices (misogyny, homophobia, racism). Newsflash, that doesn't apply to everyone. Not only that, but let's not forget that everyone religion (Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism, etc) ALL have their flaws and practices that a lot of people would not necessarily agree with. That's like saying that ALL Muslims were responsible for the attacks on the World Trade Center on September 11th, 2001 when in actuality we ALL know that it was just a select group of radical Muslims that spun the religion out of context to justify their actions. And for the record, I have a few Muslim friends that are actually gay friendly and support LGBT equality but I guess that still makes them racist and homophobic?

3) Katy Perry in essence had no right to show that, but the reason why I'm playing devil's advocate is because for one it's freedom of speech and secondly she's not doing it in a violent manner. For decades, we have had people from all backgrounds protest peacefully whether we agree with their causes or not (i.e. KKK, Black Panters, LGBT Activits, Feminists, etc). Each group has acted peacefully. Now, granted there are times where some of them twist an arm or two and express their beliefs through violence. This I absolutely do not agree with and there are some that take it to a completely different extreme just to express themselves. I mean let's look back shall we? 1989: Madonna released her video for Like a Prayer where she not only kissed St. Martin, but also had crucifixes burning in the background. She got accused for being blasphemous, but people got passed it and moved on. They also did with Kanye West and John Lennon soooooo why are we bringing this up again?

People are entitled to have their opinions. Guess what it's called free will, we all have it. The same way that everyone goes off about how Gaga's fans are annoying because they won't listen to her messages of kindness and go nuts on twitter or lm.com, is the same that way Katy Perry chose to show a symbolic meaning behind her Dark Horse video as a force opposing any variation of God. We all act and choose to do what we please. It's okay to have opinions 100% but there's a distinction between having an opinion and flat out criticizing/bashing someone. Clearly, this thread is focusing on the latter.

That's my daily meltdown for the day which I'm sure will go over so well with some of you but I don't care. The childish behavior on here is sickening and part of the reason why most of the older members stopped showing up. Petition or not, Katy will do what she wants in the same fashion that Gaga did what she wanted with Alejandro and Judas (oops I compared the two sorry).

Edited by Mister G

Psychedelic

People make huge deals out of nothing!!! Banning a video or a video scene for showing a burning symbol??? REALLY???

Religions shouls be banned from the whole universe for burning people alive for having different s-xual orientation, skin color, or whatever other stupid reasons people used to be burned alive for by religions!!!

By the way, in a couple of Islamic countries you still get killed for being homos-xual or showing a little skin if you're a woman... now tell me who should be BANNED???

UPDATE: They have edited the "Allah" necklace out of the video

That'd mean this petition would no longer be pursued? Or are there still calls for the MV to be banned? 

That'd mean this petition would no longer be pursued? Or are there still calls for the MV to be banned?

Some people in the comments/petition section are still in pursuit of it, but since it's removal, the petition no longer gets 5k+ signatures a day.

If you'd like, close this thread because I feel that there will be criticisms of Katy/Alejandro that will persist. :)

Some people in the comments/petition section are still in pursuit of it, but since it's removal, the petition no longer gets 5k+ signatures a day.

If you'd like, close this thread because I feel that there will be criticisms of Katy/Alejandro that will persist. :)

Ok then.

Closing. For those who are still interested with this issue, please continue the discussions to her main thread here - http://gagadaily.com/index.php?/topic/24064-katy-perry/