Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why was 'The Fame' pitched?

Lobster Boy

Featured Posts

MoneyFameSex

Talking about voice changes, whenever I watch this I can't help it but laugh my ass off :lmao:

http://youtu.be/3ZnMCwI6zp8

i hate her in this interview

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her voice wasn't pitched. It's how she used to sing.

It's obvious. For those who don't believe me, check out all her unreleased, pre-fame songs and performances. 

Songs like "Paparazzi" and "Summerboy" were recorded way before the RedOne sessions. Her voice had changed considerably by then.

For those who think even the RedOne songs like "Just Dance" were pitched, also wrong. Check out her performances of the song during the album promotion (latex catsuit and right after) eras. Songs like "Just Dance", "LoveGame", and "Poker Face" sound exactly like the album versions.

It wasn't until the Poker Face (specifically, when she started the origami dress and extreme tanning phase) era when she did her first major voice change to raspy one.

This is part of why I wasn't sold on her at the beginning. Every track had a very different vocal style, to the point of being indistinguishable. With her more recent albums, although she does bend genres as much as ever, it still sounds unmistakably like her.

I've come to realize recently that I just don't care for her early work. She's really carved out a niche for herself.

To be honest, the diversity of The Fame made me like her even more! I loved that she could sound like a completely different person from Just Dance to Summerboy :flutter: and then came Bad Romance :flutter: and then came Marry The Night :flutter: and then came ARTPOP the song :flutter:

She just keeps on surprising me :flutter:

Omegahedron

Her voice did use to be higher circa. The Fame. It dropped around The Fame Monster for some reason ... Not sure why, ciggs?

Interlude

I remember it was confirmed it wasn't pitched, it was just the way she sang back then. It really developed in 2009

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Talking about voice changes, whenever I watch this I can't help it but laugh my ass off :lmao:

I could listen to that voice all day long :legend:

I mean yeah , she is a bit of a b---h in these interviews but that voice is so cute.

llbcherry

I miss her pouty s-xy voice, such as "This beat is so funny, we made it with their money". I wish she would record some songs with that sound. I like it more than her somewhat theatrical, deep vibrato, rock growl sounds. I just want the "lite pop."

Voices change over time, look at Madonna she had a very high voice in her first couple of albums, then it went much deeper when True Blue came out, and now its gone quite high again for COADF/HC/MDNA

LADY GAGA/madonna/katy perry/little mix/ariana grande/selena gomez/britney spears/taylor swift

Its funny to watch her Ellen interviews over the years and hear how much he voice and persona have changed.

Ikr! The first time I noticed she's been changing a lot was when I watched her interviews. :excited2:

MonsterOfSpain

I don't think it's pitched. It's culled from a number of different recording sessions when Gaga was very young and still finding herself. A lot of the tracks like "Paparazzi" (from earlier Rob Fusari sessions) have a different vocal style. She really seemed to settle into her comfortable, deeper singing style on songs like "Just Dance" when she finally set up shop with RedOne and laid down the singles for the album. "Summerboy" always sounds basically unrecognizable to me as Gaga. Very Gwen Stefani.

MonsterOfSpain

Is that Miranda Sings omg

Schwerk

It's not pitched, it's just the way she used to sing. As she has gotten further into her career her voice has became rougher and heavier.

Yep. Sometimes it comes out, like in the bridge of Hair.

Makes her sound really young, which makes sense for that song. I prefer her deeper voice.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Archived