💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why does GaGa say "I wanna be a star" in the MTN video?

Liam Germanotta

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

She always said that she wanna become famous. She always cared about fame. She lives for the Applause after all...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though she says shes doesnt care about charts now, I dont believe it. Why would otherwise she mention the decline in interviews, address fans concerns on LM.com, had a depression..etc. She would just go on a did not bother to address it in any means and be all smiley and happy. She just said that because it is sort of expected in a situation of underperfomance. When you do well: ' Thank you for the support! we made it monsters! were number ones'. When you dont do as well: ' I made music for my fans. I dont care about charts and commercial succes.'  Its a basic psychological thing to say, a lot of artists do this.

An artist whose debut album is titled "The Fame" and whose second studio album has a track titled "The Queen" (along with various interviews of her proudly mentioning her chart achievements since 2009) clearly show that Gaga does care about success (i.e. wanting fame and/or prolonging it), which isn't a bad thing at all. 

Allison M

lady gaga was OBSESSED with topping everyone.. back in 2008.. she even said it herself in a gagavision.. that she isn't here to be anything but #1

what did she say it makes me laugh...

"who wants to be #2?" 

"why would you want to be #2?" 

thing like that. haha. 

but to answer the OP, those scenes took place before she was even signed to Interscope. She was a struggling artist that always dreamed of being a star. She says, "I'm gonna be a star" because she would never give up. I also think it goes along with her idea of telling a lie everyday and working so hard that that lie becomes the truth. She didn't know if she would be a star, but she worked hard until it was true. 

That part just shows a girl viciously fighting for her dream to be reality. 

djBuffoon

i wish gaga was still this determined :emo:

She is... but she's directing her energy in a completely different direction.

Archived