Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Anyone else wish Gaga had done an Egyptian themed video first?

tokyodisko

Featured Posts

No, I want her to use more European-influenced videos or Greek/Roman videos, that way she can avoid the cultural appropriation/exploitation that's occurring with Katy on two separate accounts.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interludicrous

No, I want her to use more European-influenced videos or Greek/Roman videos, that way she can avoid the cultural appropriation/exploitation that's occurring with Katy on two separate accounts.

Except for when she starts calling Botticelli's Venus the "Venus de Milo"  :spin:

Obviously the Greek theme is the best. Greece has the richest history in the world

How can one cultural heritage be "better" than another? :spin:

Except for when she starts calling Botticelli's Venus the "Venus de Milo" :spin:

I know I laughed so hard at that :derpga:

Except for when she starts calling Botticelli's Venus the "Venus de Milo"  :spin:

Hehe that's so typical Greek..they are raised like that, everything greek is the best, everything started from Greece.

FreePalestine

No lol. I think the greek concept is dope. I think it'd be cool to see gaga do a traveling circus theme like for gypsy. Or a mermaid theme (different than you and i)

Not at all.

I wish she'd do something different and maybe have Stanley Kubrick themed video or something though. A Venus video influenced by 2001: A Slace Odyssey would be amazing and so left field.

To clarify, I did not mean that she should have done an Egptyian themed video instead of a Greek/Roman influenced video. I meant in addition to. I think it would have fit with the music on TFM or BTW, but nothing on ARTPOP. It would make no sense to Have the Roman/Greek references and have an Egyptian video. Also, rather offensive. I just mean that I wish she had done this at some point, not to compete with Katy, but just to feed my own interests. ha

I also don't mean that Gaga can't do a video with this theme, but she will be compared to Katy, which is unfortunate. 

However I can't fathom the people saying that the Egyptian theme is basic and so overdone. smh. Just because another artist has done something doesn't make it basic. The Egyptian mythology is just as dense and interesting as others. And the Greek/Roman theme has been done before as well, so I don't see the hate on Egypt. 

I too am a huge mythology nerd, so I was really hoping for this at some point in her career. I mean, she had a sphynx in her Bad Romance video, I'm sure that was intentional. I think Egpytian mythology, especially concerning the underworld would fit Gaga's image extremely well. I think too many people are picturing something like Katy's video, which stylistically was creative, but there wasn't any depth to the mythology. Egypt is more than Cleopatra, palms, gold, and jewels. 

Justin Drew Bieber

with G.U.Y. yes :giveup:

like a serious one, and darker.. :giveup:

imagine G.U.Y. with an Egyptian-themed video.

If Katy Perry wants an Egyptian-themed video it should have been Legendary Lovers :giveup:

MTE with GUY :fat:

DeleteMyAccount

Not really.  It's called cultural appropriation.  I'd much rather see her come up with something a lot more unique.  The Egyptian thing has been done so many times.  Same with the greek stuff, but not too bad.  As long as it would kept more neutral and not so overblown.

Katy still never did an Egyptian themed music video... that "Egyptian" video was a mess.... Hey Britney made a whole album off a circus concept and her music video Circus was so popular even after Christina Aguilera did it first in Hurt 

Archived