Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Now that we have ARTPOP for a while did it meet your expectations?

MoneyFameSex

206 members have voted

1. 1. Did ARTPOP meet your expectations

• OVER PASSED
    • YES
    • HALF/HALF
    • NO
    • UNDERWHELMING

Featured Posts

Stefani328

Maybe I'm the odd man out, but BTW is my least favorite Gaga album. To me it's

The Fame Monster, ARTPOP, The Fame, Born This Way.

There are some gems but it still feels so overproduced.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TropicOfCANCER

nope. it's underwhelming. the problem is DJWS's productions are very unpolished and he's only good for contributing one or two songs.

migamiga

Maybe I'm the odd man out, but BTW is my least favorite Gaga album. To me it's

The Fame Monster, ARTPOP, The Fame, Born This Way.

There are some gems but it still feels so overproduced.

Same! I always feel like the black sheep because I didn't really care for BTW- I felt like it was almost tacky because of it's literal-ness. I wanted more party music. But of course I always end up supporting whatever she chooses to do. I'm a fan of her, not vice versa. 

the only songs i think ARTPOP could do without would have to be J&D and maybe Swine.... Something about them that I don't feel they fit on ARTPOP.... I love swine but I think its more the performance of Swine I love all the energy like we seen at swine fest.... although the song is killer to run to! 

Anderson123

Half/Half.

I was disappointed at first, and I still am. There are so many sounds that I had in mind for this album, and just seeing what she and people who work with her say about this album.. I actually thought I'd like it more than Born This Way and that she'd top it, but eh. Most songs have something I'd change, not to mention corny or dumb lyrics. I should've expected this ever since she said "This album is a little immature and irresponsible".

I still love Do What U Want, though. And I like GUY, ARTPOP and Mary Jane Holland a lot, but there are so many things that I didn't like about the album. Jewels N' Drugs, MANiCURE, Donatella, etc.

Not to mention the imagery for this, it was just ridiculous. No offense, but "Art-pop" is not about a popstar singing songs dressed as paintings. I know it's deeper than that and that is much more than just the music, but that's what I see. Gaga actually thought she could top herself by being even more ridiculous.

The one song that I disliked at first then it grew on me is Fashion!. It may not be the greatest Gaga song, but it's nice when I'm in the mood for it. Dope is beautiful, and so is the instrumental, but she sounds drunk and sometimes I can't enjoy her songs when she sounds like that. SEX Dreams, still growing on me. The instrumental is great, but the "Damn, you were in my s-x dreams" becomes way too repetitive. Venus corny as hell.

Applause.. what can I say about this song ? I didn't like it at first, it grew on me. It was not what I was expecting, but the music video is amazing.

Anyway, I just feel like ARTPOP is a parody of Lady Gaga. Just listening to the album I see a lot of recycled formulas (Gypsy, Venus, Aura, MANiCURE).

eamonster123

I think it depends on my mood, but it's half/half. It's like she produced 90 songs and then randomly picked up some of them and threw on the album with no special treatment of producing. DJWS did not do a good job, in my opinion.

Madeon, Zedd and William saved the album.

THIS  :trootea: 

literally took the words right outta my mouth 

nope. it's underwhelming. the problem is DJWS's productions are very unpolished and he's only good for contributing one or two songs.

Half/half, but for the most of it, no :messga:

Some songs are awesome (Aura, Venus, GUY,MJH, Sexxx Dreams, ARTPOP), but there are some that I skip a lot because they're just okay for me (Donatella, MANiCURE, Fashion!,Dope, sometimes J&D).

So I have to say it didn't really meet my expectations.

I miss dark pop songs from her...and also the lyrics on ARTPOP disappointed me, the only song that really met my expectations with the lyrics is ARTPOP.

VasilisVas

No. ARTPOP is by far my least favorite Gaga album. After waiting for 2 years and all the hype, I expected a lot more. The only songs I actually like are Venus, ARTPOP, and Sex Dreams, Applause, and sometimes G.U.Y depending on my mood. I find the rest of the songs to be extremely boring and could most definitely live without them. It upsets me to know that Gaga actually said this is her best work yet and will be hard to top. It makes me worried about what the next album will sound like if she thinks this is her best. As of right now, I'm waiting for her to top my personal favorite. ARTPOP didn't give me that adrenaline rush or send goosebumps down my spine like TFM and BTW did. When I first listened to TFM and BTW I felt liberated. I felt a sense of power, which made me feel amazing. ARTPOP on the other hand, is a huge disappointment in my opinion. It failed to give me the goosebumps I got with TFM and BTW, nor are there any tracks I can listen to repeat for hours without getting bored of them. I'm over this era, and hope it ends soon. I'm already ready for a new Gaga album.

The music is great except for Donatella, Jewels & Drugs, and Swine. I couldn't imagine not hearing gems such as ARTPOP, Gypsy, Aura, Sexxx Dreams, G.U.Y., Venus, & Do What You Want.

The performances have been great especially Alan Carr, AMAs, artRave, & SwineFest. Her vocals  :party:

The poor management. :pukey:

This!

Archived