💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Now that we have ARTPOP for a while did it meet your expectations?

MoneyFameSex

206 members have voted

1. 1. Did ARTPOP meet your expectations

• OVER PASSED
    • YES
    • HALF/HALF
    • NO
    • UNDERWHELMING

Featured Posts

Lord Axel

Half/half

there are songs that are BEYOND (Aura, GUY, Venus, ARTPOP, Do what u want, Sexxx Dreams, Applause and then Mary Jane Holland, MANiCURE) but there are other that could have stayed as unreleased tbh (J&D, Donatella, Swine, Dope, Gypsy) those really bring the album down IMO and are not on Gaga's standards (at least of what I expect from Gaga)

So, yeah not my fave album but it has a few gems :emma:

I pretty much feel this same way (aside from Gypsy), the album has about half really amazing songs and half underwhelming/filler songs, at least to me

ʟɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱɪʟᴠᴇʀ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ ϟ†▽✰𝒿 ~

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan

I'd say half/half. I'm not disappointed, in the sense that I basically enjoy everything Gaga does... But I have to admit that after BTW and the impact it had on me, it was near impossible for ARTPOP to top it in the first place. After 2 years, I'm still not over BTW's music - with ARTPOP, after a few months, I was already getting a bit tired of some songs.

I think it's mainly a question of taste, really. I'm a huge fan of rock/undustrial-infused electro pop, which BTW totally was. With ARTPOP, it's probably too EDM-influenced for me. But once again, I'm not saying I didn't like it, I enjoyed it a lot - it's just not my favorite Gaga record, and I quite honestly can't wait to hear fresh new songs from this whole ARTPOP project, if an Act II is actually on its way.

Der Meister

I think it depends on my mood, but it's half/half. It's like she produced 90 songs and then randomly picked up some of them and threw on the album with no special treatment of producing. DJWS did not do a good job, in my opinion.

Madeon, Zedd and William saved the album.

Visuals and promotion... MESS. 

She had so much potential, hopefully she can change the game!

Yeah, everything has met my expectation except the overall success. But then again the overall era has still been successful, is just not huge success.

Smooth Criminal

Yes, musically the album is BRILLIANT. I love almost all the songs & listen to it quite often.

But the Era is just..... :fail::smh:

I'd say half/half. I'm not disappointed, in the sense that I basically enjoy everything Gaga does... But I have to admit that after BTW and the impact it had on me, it was near impossible for ARTPOP to top it in the first place. After 2 years, I'm still not over BTW's music - with ARTPOP, after a few months, I was already getting a bit tired of some songs.

I think it's mainly a question of taste, really. I'm a huge fan of rock/undustrial-infused electro pop, which BTW totally was. With ARTPOP, it's probably too EDM-influenced for me. But once again, I'm not saying I didn't like it, I enjoyed it a lot - it's just not my favorite Gaga record, and I quite honestly can't wait to hear fresh new songs from this whole ARTPOP project, if an Act II is actually on its way.

IKR? Born This Way is a masterpiece from start to finish :giveup:

Kindness rules all.

migamiga

Half/half

The way she and other people were making it seem was that the melodies were gonna go back to the pop catchiness of TF while I was sort of anticipating the production and sonics to be a hybrid between EDM and Hip-Hop. 

So songs like Venus, G.U.Y, Sexxx Dreams, MANiCURE, DWUW, Gypsy, and Applause met my expectations (although I was underwhelmed that Applause was the first single at first)

I don't know. This era's been weird. I keep changing my mind about it. Also I kind of wish Swinefest never happened because I didn't really enjoy it. It made me not excited for ARTPOP and I think if that performance never happened I would've enjoyed the album more- even though MANiCURE slayed me. 

elijahfan

IKR? Born This Way is a masterpiece from start to finish :giveup:

I listened to it again recently after being in ARTPOP-mode for a while, and it really struck me how perfect it is... Then again, I guess it's mainly a question of taste, I don't know.

Stefani328

The music is great except for Donatella, Jewels & Drugs, and Swine. I couldn't imagine not hearing gems such as ARTPOP, Gypsy, Aura, Sexxx Dreams, G.U.Y., Venus, & Do What You Want.

The performances have been great especially Alan Carr, AMAs, artRave, & SwineFest. Her vocals  :party:

The poor management. :pukey:

On the album itself:

It's very good, and I appreciate it for what it is- it just didn't live up to my expectations wholly. I'd say half/half is a good place to put it. I don't know, I thought Born This Way was a monster of an album, and expected ARTPOP to be just as intense and amazing, if not more.

I think I was initially put off by how smooth a lot of the album sounded. Unlike BTW, which was very loud and erratic, ARTPOP definitely took a step back and breathed with a more [i don't want to say 'generic' or 'basic'] dance/electronic sound. Not that any of her previous albums weren't that already, but... I don't know, it's like it took a step into more simple pop molds.

Not that any of that's bad. I guess it possibly reached a wider audience, and I'd totally give it kudos in that it's a lot easier to listen to than BTW. Thematically and lyrically, it's also pretty great.

That said, I feel like some parts felt off.

-the final version of Aura's vocals was just a complete step down from the demo's vocals

-G.U.Y. is kind of basic

-Sex(xx) Dreams just seemed unnecessary, and didn't sound as good as its Swinefest counterpart

-the lyrics for J&D are absolute ****

-MANiCURE's production is incredibly awkward, and definitely not as good as its Swinefest counterpart

-R. Kelly's lyrics in DWYW is just

-Swine not as good as its Swinefest counterpart

-Donatella is just a plain horrible song

-Fashion! feels really out of place

-MJH is loud and messy

But, after a while, I started to realize that a lot of ARTPOP's strengths wholly shadow its faults.

-Aura is still a pretty good song with some pretty great lyrics and themes

-Venus is just great in general (very proud of her on producing on her own)

-G.U.Y. is very fun, and very s-x-positive which is a plus

-Sex(xx) Dreams has some interesting lyrics, and the new bridge is pretty nice

-J&D's instrumental is fun as fück

-MANiCURE's themes and rock/trap outro is nice

-DWYW, in general, is melodically and thematically amazing

-ARTPOP is just a brilliant song in general (though I prefer the Swinefest structure... also, 'bling')

-Swine is just flat out intense, and the emotional catharsis of it is amazing

-Fashion!'s production and vocals is pretty nice, and the lyrics are fun, if not a bit simple

-MJH is intense

-the contrast between MJH and Dope is amazing, along with Dope being amazing in itself

-Gypsy, for the most part, is nice and sentimental and easygoing

-Applause is very interesting and a 'bop' lol, if not a bit basic

So, in the end, I'll give it a half/half. Is it as good as her previous albums? Step up from TF, but definitely a step down from TFM and BTW. However, it's still incredibly enjoyable, and a very commendable work from Gaga and her collaborators.

[still don't have anything good to say about Donatella lol]

3 points in and ready for more

DriverMonster

I agree. BTW so much better. If BTW weren't so good, I would like ARTPOP better. If BTW is a 9, ARTPOP would be about a 2 for me.

elijahfan

I don't know. This era's been weird. I keep changing my mind about it. Also I kind of wish Swinefest never happened because I didn't really enjoy it. It made me not excited for ARTPOP and I think if that performance never happened I would've enjoyed the album more- even though MANiCURE slayed me. 

That's true, I kinda feel the same. I feel like we've been given too many little tidbits in advance. Like... Swinefest was already more than enough as an apetizer, we definitely didn't need the snippets on top of that. Not to mention the Aura leak in August... In the end, Fashion! was the only song that I actually discovered completely when I listened to the album for the first time.

In short, this first listening session was poor in surprises... on the other hand, I'll always remember the first time I listened to BTW. It was like surprises after surprises, chills after chills, bam, bam, bam... It was epic. The experience was much more memorable with BTW.

Sorry Gagz, but I like it better when it's one big final ejaculation  :derpga:

I honestly thought that I would love ARTPOP so much because of the way the music was described more experimental and electronic and rave-like. I'm not saying I hate it because I listen to a few songs every day, but I don't love it as much as I love Born This Way. 

ARTPOP like a mix from all her past work. 

Chromatica

No not really, but today I just started to like G.U.Y and that completes the album for me...so maybe.

Originally it overpasses, then two days later it was no :noparty:

Archived