Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is Lady Gaga the real RedOne?

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

I have the receipts and BTW has sold more everywhere than Alejandro and it peaked higher, it IS a bigger WW hit, hype or not. BTW was a bigger hit in my country than PokerFace, which was also huge and much bigger than Just Dance and Telephone. Also Applause will end up around 3M in the US and 5M WW, its not a small number. Don't forget that digital sales are crumbling, the biggest hit this year will have sold WW much less than the biggest hit 2 years ago. Stop underestimating me all the time because it makes you seem dump. :yes:

Its not about the peak. Its about longevity. I  know that BTW has sold a lot more than Alejandro BUT Alejandro was the bigger hit and the bigget impact in Europe and  South America.

Alejandro 18 14 25 55 31 24 21 51 45 39 68 390(total in Europe)

1 Born This Way 18 14 11 33 13 22 19 34 25 12 18 219(total Europe)

39- Alejandro- the score in your country. Total in Europe- 390

12- BTW- the score in your coutnry.Total in Europe- 219.

Saw your edit about Wake Me Up. And that exactly proves my point. Peak=/= impact. Just like Alejandro didnt hit #1 but it was way bigger than BTW in EU and SA. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

Its not about the peak. Its about longevity. I know that BTW has sold a lot more than Alejandro BUT Alejandro was the bigger hit and the bigget impact in Europe and South America.

Alejandro 18 14 25 55 31 24 21 51 45 39 68 390(total in Europe)

1 Born This Way 18 14 11 33 13 22 19 34 25 12 18 219(total Europe)

39- Alejandro- the score in your country. Total in Europe- 390

12- BTW- the score in your coutnry.Total in Europe- 219.

Its not only about longevity and not only about sales. Both aspects have their importance. Longevity gives a song exposure for more time and the sales prove that more people liked the song. Actually there is no truth and no winner between these 2. Some people claim that longevity is more important than the actual sales and many the opposite. I think that more people remember BTW than Alejandro. Someone on The Voice of my country chose to cover BTW and not Alejandro eventhough the second one was also huge here and I think that it was higher than BTW in my country. Actually if you also ask other members they will also tell you that Alejandro is bigger than BTW in Eastern Europe only.

Its not only about longevity and not only about sales. Both aspects have their importance. Longevity gives a song exposure for more time and the sales prove that more people liked the song. Actually there is no truth and no winner between these 2. Some people claim that longevity is more important than the actual sales and many the opposite. I think that more people remember BTW than Alejandro. Someone on The Voice of my country chose to cover BTW and not Alejandro eventhough the second one was also huge here and I think that it was higher than BTW in my country. Actually if you also ask other members they will also tell you that Alejandro is bigger than BTW in Eastern Europe only.

Glad to know you agree with me that Alejandro was bigger. But not only in Eastern EU but in whole EU and SA.

sorry, had to do it

:derpga:

VforVendetta

Glad to know you agree with me that Alejandro was bigger. But not only in Eastern EU but in whole EU and SA.

sorry, had to do it

:derpga:

:smh:

AbuHassan1992

Actually to be honest, no I haven't listened his whole discography and I really couldn't. The fact that all his main works are that Generic proves a lot and no, noone would have rejected a much more fresh production, not even Nicki Minaj. As for the thing you said that Gaga wouldn't have happened without him, maybe you are right, maybe not. We can't really know. Gaga couldn't produce the songs by herself because she is not a producer but I personally think that.with thw guidance of almost any experienced producer she would have made her biggest hits in a very similar way, because in most part they are hers. As for the critits etc, its another thing to judge the quality of on album like with ARTPOP in which case the critics can mess everything up, I agree and its another thing when they say that with RedOne the listen the same beats in every song.

you really didn't read his reply, did you ?

BTW has sold much more than Alejandro WW, even in Europe, its a much bigger hit (in ny country Alejandro is the biggest Gaga hit though). And it was my mistake, when I said smashes I meant amazing songs. Its not RedOne the reason Gaga isn't smashing now and you know it, lets not... Applause was a big hit, it was not a smash but the fact it peaked at 4 instead of 3 doesn't mean anything. WMU also peaked at 4 .

Repeating words is Gaga's magic, she is the songwriter. Not only Gaga's songs with RedOne are having words repeated, Gaga does it in most of her songs.

Alejandro wasn't as big in Anglophone countries or Japan or South Korea, where like 80% of the single sales come from. It was HUGE in the rest of the world.

VforVendetta

Alejandro wasn't as big in Anglophone countries or Japan or South Korea, where like 80% of the single sales come from. It was HUGE in the rest of the world.

I know. Still BTW IS a bigger hit, or am I wrong somewere?

well you're one stubborn mother****er arntchu

No.  :later:

Seriously though I am not, I just believe that I am right and this is why I insist. If I had doubts in something I wouldn't be so stubborn as you say but I've learned to support my opinion when I think that it's a strong one. :yes:

Wet Fire

It's not irrational tbh. Venus is with outworldly hooks that were also heard during especially TF and TFM.

I did. :(

I think you definitely misread or misunderstood most of it then.

What I was saying is that most of his work isn't generic. However every producer will do cheap, basic productions for low budget acts. Honestly, in a year Zedd and DJWS will be doing the same thing, because it is their job, but when they work with an artist with a specific vision then they will do great work, just as RedOne has done for other artists aside from Gaga.

It's very ignorant to say that he hasn't done anything good if you won't take the time to learn about his work. It is exactly like when someone hears Pokerface and deems Gaga an untalented pop tart. 

fede ARTPOP

No, because RedOne produced a song without Gaga that sounds like Alejandro, lemme find it

Edit: whoops... that would be recycled lmao :awkney: ok I see. But I still think it's him :megaflop:

what songg?? I love Alejandro!!!!!!!!!! :3

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

VforVendetta

I think you definitely misread or misunderstood most of it then.

What I was saying is that most of his work isn't generic. However every producer will do cheap, basic productions for low budget acts. Honestly, in a year Zedd and DJWS will be doing the same thing, because it is their job, but when they work with an artist with a specific vision then they will do great work, just as RedOne has done for other artists aside from Gaga.

It's very ignorant to say that he hasn't done anything good if you won't take the time to learn about his work. It is exactly like when someone hears Pokerface and deems Gaga an untalented pop tart.

Maybe. Still DJWS, the one I believe the most, hasn't done anything like this yet and 2 years have already past. I honestly believe that he is the producer that understands Gaga's vision the best and this is why Gaga trusts him more than any other Producer. Zedd has done many generic production already definitely, I still just find them much better than RedOne's. Whatever, really...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived