💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Intro or No Intro For G.U.Y. on the Radio?

EGOT2027

111 members have voted

1. 1. Should Interscope edit out the intro for the version of G.U.Y. that is sent to radio?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

no, because thats part of the bridge, its not expendable. the intro is, its not going to be as significant as a chunk missing from the middle of the song :awkney:

I didn't mean cutting the bridge shorter, I meant just muting the spoken word bits.  :kissga:

The "mount your goddess" section is kind of the pay-off to the intro, so I wonder what listeners would make of it if they don't hear the intro. Does that make sense?

I'd love to hear the announcer say "And here's Lady Gaga, with G.U.Y.!", as soon as the intro starts playing. :cry:

britneylopez99

I didn't mean cutting the bridge shorter, I meant just muting the spoken word bits.  :kissga:

But also, the "mount your goddess" section is kind of the payoff to the intro, so I wonder what listeners would make of it if they don't hear the intro. Does that make sense?

yeah i see but it seems like a really weird thing to mute a section in the middle of a song as opposed to just cutting off a spoken word intro on top 40 radio ?

dont get me wrong to me the intro is everything! but i doubt itll last on radio for more than a week tops

djBuffoon

yeah i see but it seems like a really weird thing to mute a section in the middle of a song as opposed to just cutting off a spoken word intro on top 40 radio ?

dont get me wrong to me the intro is everything! but i doubt itll last on radio for more than a week tops

I understand what you mean. It just might be awkward to listeners who don't know that the middle section is a continuation of something  :shrug:  I'm looking to much into it.

I just want it to do well!!  :giveup:  

britneylopez99

I understand what you mean. It just might be awkward to listeners who don't know that the middle section is a continuation of something  :shrug:  I'm looking to much into it.

I just want it to do well!!  :giveup:  

hahaha i feel ya;))) but typically intros dont last on radio which sucks because its so sick omg, but the mount your goddess still fits. the rest people will just assume is weird gaga as usual!  ;)

Gaga is Life

Leave the intro there, and it can be up to the individual stations if they wanna play it or not. If that can work.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived