💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Are you shocked that Applause was....

PrinceCAKE

Featured Posts

Applause was no where near as big on Australian charts as it was in America , but everyone plays it at parties, knows the words and dances to it  :huh:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HeavyMetalLuvah

Not to be mean, but it's the most basic song on the album as far as what the GP eats whole...of course they love it :tea:

Applause is actually a VERY deep and personal song..most don't get what Gaga is TRULY saying in 'Applause'.

Funny you speak about the GP that way, while also calling the song "basic".

Your view on the song seems like the view you're trying to express about the GP...

:reductive: 

My Little Phoney

Not to be mean, but it's the most basic song on the album as far as what the GP eats whole...of course they love it :tea:

TimisaMonster

Applause is actually a VERY deep and personal song..most don't get what Gaga is TRULY saying in 'Applause'.

Funny you speak about the GP that way, while also calling the song "basic".

Your view on the song seems like the view you're trying to express about the GP...

:reductive:

I never said I doubted the lyrical content of the song...the production makes it sound very basic...

The GP looooves basicness and Applause was SO basic that she didn't even want to put it on ARTPOP, but her label made her AND make it the first single...facts :tea:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Applause is perfect in every way. :applause:

From the vocals to the melody to the lyrical component and the production. :legend:

It was a never a climber for me; unlike many monsters, Applause instantly captivated me. 

It deserved every bit of success plus more.

To me, Applause also has a very deep place in my heart as it was the perfect lead single off ARTPOP, especially after the hip injury and the cancelled BTWB. :yes:

Not at all, it's infectious. It bugs me when people misinterpret it in a shallow/narcissistic way, but that's to be expected from the GP I guess. At least they think it's catchy. :smh:

I don't understand how it's seen as "basic" though... Maybe production-wise, but overall it's not generic. Not experimental or anything, but not generic...

Laceface

i find it strange how badly it done in the uk, even though everyone i know loved it here :shrug:

actually was it even performed here at all?

Nah it wasn't, we had DWUW & Venus on X Factor and Graham Norton, then Dope on Alan Carr :)

HeavyMetalLuvah

I never said I doubted the lyrical content of the song...the production makes it sound very basic...

The GP looooves basicness and Applause was SO basic that she didn't even want to put it on ARTPOP, but her label made her AND make it the first single...facts :tea:

ok

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived