💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Anyone else feel GUY is the first single to....

GHGUY

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
homomo

Refer to my second post then take your advice... Thank you.

I agree. But the op is saying that he's happy that everyone in the fan base is happy with Gaga's decision for once.

I don't understand where your negativity is coming from.

ChasingGhosts

I agree with for the most part seems like fans are down with G.U.Y. being the next single (except for those pesky little Venus lovers). 

I'm a Venus lover but I'm happy with GUY being the single :crossed: 

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

I agree. But the op is saying that he's happy that everyone in the fan base is happy with Gaga's decision for once.

I don't understand where your negativity is coming from.

I was just stating how I feel since he brought up how her fans tend to not like the single choices even though I feel like it's not really ever her fault and she tries to pretend like she wanted these things but we all know she didn't. Sorry about the negativity. :smh:

Jenniferella

I feel you...

I'm still pressed neither Scheisse, HML nor Bloody Mary were singles :nails:

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

I completely understand where you're coming from with this. It's like during TFM when people wanted Monster and DItD. I think the fan favorite was considered to be DItD but instead we got Alejandro. Oh well. It's all said and done with.

However, I am still upset that Scheiße never materialized into a single. I don't know the circumstances as to why it didn't become one. Possibly because radio wouldn't play it? But that song would have served slayage on the dance floor and airwaves. The Fame perfume commercials are like a sneak peek into what the video could have been like. I think it would have completely destroyed the charts if it was given a chance. It even had an infectious "German" chant full of gibberish. People loved that with Bad Romance's Rah Rahs.

The ARTPOP era has been a bit underwhelming in my opinion. I hated Applause as a single but it has grown on me. I'm thankful that DWUW never actually became what it was slated to become. I think G.U.Y is going to be a clean slate for Gaga. She can pull it off.

Let's just see how it goes

AyaKara

I'm not. Venus (the concept) has been the center of ARTPOP over the past year. Venus should be the single & represent ARTPOP & what it is all about.

I was just stating how I feel since he brought up how her fans tend to not like the single choices even though I feel like it's not really ever her fault and she tries to pretend like she wanted these things but we all know she didn't. Sorry about the negativity. :smh:

You can't say that those choices weren't Gaga's and all Interscope's... Up until this point we don't know who was calling the shots or what happened... But what we do know is that now the fans are finally happy... So whatever happened it's definitely for the best.

And all I meant to say that the fanbase collectively seems happy for once and isn't complaining about a single choice and how I haven't seen this since early BTW.... Wasn't trying to shade anyone jeez

Battle 4 Ur Life

YAAAAAAASSS totally! it's like her first ~mainstream song since, I don't even know when...Telephone I guess... :excited:

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

AnglerfishbraBENUS

I was pleased with TEOG and U&I.  Those two should have the first and second singles off of Born This Way...  Applause was a GREAT choice and DWUW was an even better choice... The promotion and timing just sucked.  G.U.Y. is also a great choice.

YAAAAAAASSS totally! it's like her first ~mainstream song since, I don't even know when...Telephone I guess... :excited:

Ikr!

You can't say that those choices weren't Gaga's and all Interscope's... Up until this point we don't know who was calling the shots or what happened... But what we do know is that now the fans are finally happy... So whatever happened it's definitely for the best.

And all I meant to say that the fanbase collectively seems happy for once and isn't complaining about a single choice and how I haven't seen this since early BTW.... Wasn't trying to shade anyone jeez

Then how would you explain the fact that Gaga even said she didnt pick the btw singles. She had a completely different set of single from what interscope chose. Let's not forget that Applause was picked by Jimmy, Gaga wanted Venus and then it was "decided" that DWUW would be the single because of our response to the song. If we follow what Gaga says we know she wouldn't change the single because she thinks it will do better on some charts. Then she abandoned DWUW completely after firing her manager. I think it's safe to say that wasn't all Gagas doing.

FrankGutz

No. Applause was the first single. DWUW, Dope, & Venus were basically promo singles.

I love Applause as lead single tbh

And i love Judas & Marry The Night, so i don't think so

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

Zaplingfire

The fans staned so hard for Marry the Night to be a single even if some of the fanbase wants to pretend that isn't true after it 'flopped' (I put it in '' because I don't consider MTN to have done so badly even if it preformed the worst out of her songs, which are all hits) So no I don't feel that way. I remember half the posts on this site saying MTN not being a single was an injustice so G.U.Y. definitely wouldn't be the first one set to please the fans, not that it worked out well last time.........

EDIT: Did I miss something though? Wasn't Gypsy the confirmed third single? Now I'm seeing everyone say G.U.Y. is but I see no such confirmations. 

FrankGutz

The fans staned so hard for Marry the Night to be a single even if some of the fanbase wants to pretend that isn't true after it 'flopped' (I put it in '' because I don't consider MTN to have done so badly even if it preformed the worst out of her songs, which are all hits) So no I don't feel that way. I remember half the posts on this site saying MTN not being a single was an injustice so G.U.Y. definitely wouldn't be the first one set to please the fans, not that it worked out well last time.........

EDIT: Did I miss something though? Wasn't Gypsy the confirmed third single? Now I'm seeing everyone say G.U.Y. is but I see no such confirmations. 

& the DWUW mess was another 'please the fan' single

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived