• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JudasInTheDark

Right now, the way I'm feeling about the ARTPOP era, I think I would say:

BTW > TFM > ARTPOP > TF

But, ARTPOP could still move back up if things get back into action soon

GagaDragon

For me BTW is number 1 because that's when i begun to fully stan her. Before that i only listened to her music and occasionally kept up to date with what she was doing. 

BTW>ARTPOP>TF>TFM

Glamourpuss

TFM > Born This Way > TF > ARTPOP

The Fame era was great & I fell in love with Gaga but TFM ticked all the boxes for me. The tour, the videos, her performances, costumes, etc were all PERFECT.

Born This Way didn't have the best singles or videos, in my opinion. But Gaga's music evolved to a level where she could be taken seriously as an artist. Think of The Paul O'Grady performances! However, instead of continuously rising into this pop megastar she burnt out, cancelled the tour and disappeared into obscurity for a short while. This damaged her career & she lost the Twitter crown!

When she came back with ARTPOP I was so deeply upset. Don't hate me but I didn't love it. I felt like we lost Gaga & got replaced with someone like Kesha giving us some poorly made hits just to make a few million $ in the charts. Gaga hasn't recovered from the damage. Yes we still love her and we encourage her and want to see her do well but the lack of videos and professionalism is destroying everything she's worked for over the last 5 years. I understand she's had hip problems but that's no excuse for the poor music and no reason to not pick up her phone and tweet us.

Sorry, I seem to have rambled but I just care so much. I want her to WOW everybody again. Maybe she should have just scrapped this album and started again. I think she tried too hard to please us when she should have put her down time to good use and made something phenomenal that would have blown us and the whole world away.

Best would probably go to TFM. As Dada (and everybody who ungraciously romanticizes everything about) has said, it was literally the perfect storm- interesting enough segue transition from TF, good music, good performances, awesome team, gr8 execution, and it generated enough public interest to push whatever the hell she was going for with BTW. Smart move on their part.

I think the most enjoyable is probably BTW, though. Same with TFM, it was an interesting enough segue transition from TFM, with awesome music, and really good performances. However, things were obviously a bit messy- artistic/organizational discrepancies and differences, odd looks, sometimes awkward execution. It was pretty intense, but incredibly enjoyable. Like a one-two punch that was way more enjoyable than it should have been. Also, the tour was awesome.

TF is always special for being an incredibly exceptional debut. ARTPOP is actually not that bad at all, but it felt... deflated. I'm still waiting on what Gaga is stating as its true birth.

3 points in and ready for more

Omegahedron

Born This Way

The Fame Monster

The Fame

ARTPOP

ARTPOP needs time to grow and it could be great, but this 3-4 month stall has stunted it.

• 3 months later...
Cody Draco

The Fame Monster was her best era. The fashion and music videos were on point and AOTY nomination at the Grammys... she was on top of the world. Born This Way is her best album though imo.

Archived