Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Who is here for a Lady Gaga Rock Album?

MikeyMoonShine

Featured Posts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MikeyMoonShine

I feel like at her core, what she really wanted to do was rock stuff. Girl at a piano (Electric Kiss/Captivated), or singing in a rock band (SGBand). Ultimately, her desire to become famous and just have something of hers out there meant she was willing to go in the dance-pop direction. She always manages to sneak in something not dance-poppy, though. Brown Eyes, Speechless, You & I, Electric Chapel, MANiCURE, Dope, even Gypsy wouldn't sound out of place on a rock album. Let's not forget SOFY, too.

For just one album, I'd like her to explore that part of her musically. Go all out. Fiona Apple "white girl at piano" type of stuff, acoustic stuff that still sounds big, glam rock like MANiCURE, country-inspired stuff like You & I, more aggressive version of Electric Chapel, and fun anthem like Gypsy. She could finally work in that Elton John duet she wanted :derpga:. She doesn't have to totally change her sound, just concentrate the rock sounds that were scattered across four albums and bring them all together. They don't have to sound the same - there's so many things you can do. And who's to say she wouldn't reverse the trend and have a rock album with one dance-pop track? ;) A rock album might be a good place to start integrating jazzy stuff, too, if she wants to go down that route. Ugh, so good :giveup: And it would show a diverse side of Gaga, all these genres "belonging together" (ARTPOOOOOOP, only cohesive) but still distinctively her.

I get that a lot of people are here for dance-pop Gaga, but she can definitely do more. The EDM and hip-hop experiments had their moment; let's see what Gaga would have brought to the table if she got her way and was able to do rock stuff. They could reunite the SGBand for one song :derpga:. I love it when she does different stuff than people expect, which is why I'm looking forward to the jazz album (even though it's all covers... gaga y u no write jazz), why I like the classically-inspired intros for some of those acoustic Fame songs, and why I encourage stuff like Government Hooker and ARTPOP (the song). Gaga's at her best when she's not following trends.

ugh i'm just fangirling, excuse me

I agree, Tbh I just wanna see gaga back with a new (ish) sound changing the game again. The styles she made popular are getting a bit stale with some people and it seems to be all folk, ballads and R&B atm. But rather than following those trends Gaga should do what she always does and create trends. 

She has shown to be a good rock vocalist and she can write that kind of music so this could do it for her and she would still be able to make it classic Gaga. 

holy scheisse

always.  I suspect RockGa is the most "natural" Gaga.  Just watch the muppets version of MANiCURE.

SadJudasPanda

I want this so bad. I hope she does it one day. Hopefully she'd even have a few rock legend collabs. Sting, Elton John, Gene Simons, Mick Jagger, Paul McCartney, etc.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived