Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Was it a good idea to release DWUW as the 2nd single and not Venus?

Slayer

70 members have voted

1. 1. Was it a good idea to release DWUW as the 2nd single and not Venus?

• Yes - DWUW still did well despite its shortcomings.
    • No - DWUW was a big mistake.
    • It would have been if the video had been released sooner.
    • Neither song was going to scratch the top 10.

Featured Posts

BuzzcutSeason

Was is a good idea to make another thread about it...its obvious Venus will be the next vid considering Gaga's twitter is all like that...

so we'll see what does better for now can everyone just be quiet because before Venus even came out you guys were mad the single changed when we were still getting the song anyways...yet you guys no without hearing the song whats better...and gags is the artist and she knows a little more than we do at east the label knows more about charting and stuff...Look sorry its just annoying...let gaga do her thing cuz if you havn't noticed she's doing it well..

This whole thing is dumb because honestly if DWUW was doing as bad as people are saying sometimes on hear she would've pulled a Katy and released the 3rd single already......honestly That was smart

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
iAstroLeo

VENUS SUCKS.  Do What U Want has the most hit potential of every song on that album and Gaga is letting that go.  Venus will flop and would have flopped.  

Who wants to sing 'GARDEN PANTY'  

Who is going to be impressed that Gaga can name all the planets that have nothing to do with the song anyway.

Not the general public. Not radio.

Seems legit. Please tell me more about the public wants and doesn't want. They aren't impressed about naming planets, but they care about what sounds foxes make.

8My9gBY.gif

AnglerfishbraBENUS

I've always loved Venus and it should of stayed second single tbh. 

It's catchy, and that's what some people like.

If you only have a negative opinion on the track, then leave.

I like it for the most part! its good for the clubs, but im not going to be delusional and say it will be a hit.

I like it for the most part! its good for the clubs, but im not going to be delusional and say it will be a hit.

Tbh I'm not saying it'll be a hit either but it has the potential to at least get into the Top 10. 

AnglerfishbraBENUS

Seems legit. Please tell me more about the public wants and doesn't want. They aren't impressed about naming planets, but they care about what sounds foxes make.

8My9gBY.gif

LOL if it's gaga they will roll their eyes..

whenever I show the song to my friends and she says 'NEPTUNE' immediately they all say 'oh god what is she gonna do now, name all the planets'

Tbh I'm not saying it'll be a hit either but it has the potential to at least get into the Top 10. 

but if DWUW can't get top 10, nothing can. 

Robotboy

no. DWUW wasnt a mistake but with the results we have now i think its safe to say it was a huge mistake. venus was all planned out and DWUW doesnt have a video 3 months later. DWUW could have been 3rd single.

and if venus becomes a single now i think it might underperform compared to how it would have been as 2nd single. and then DWUW could have had a proper release.

but it is what it is and y'all have to deal.

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Anderson123

Do What U Want is the best song on the album, so yes.

Venus could've been successful as the lead single or MAYBE as the second single, but I don't know about it being released now. The music is good, but the lyrics are kind of cheesy. It's like a song just for "The little monsters".

I like DWUW better than Venus and I think Venus would have flopped badly so... yes.

AGREED.

SORRY VENUS FANS.

SORRY

NOT SORRY

NO REALLY, I'M SORRY

ACTUALLY, I'M NOT SORRY.

iAstroLeo

whenever I show the song to my friends and she says 'NEPTUNE' immediately they all say 'oh god what is she gonna do now, name all the planets'

but if DWUW can't get top 10, nothing can. 

Your friends =/= GP/Radio

kNqHgyr.gif

This fanbase was also very negative about Bad Romance, it infact flopped, didn't it?

Better Day

Gurl, Are you Mystic Meg now suddenly?

Your friend aren't the General Public, It's like 2/3 people you are showing Venus to, That doesn't represent all the music buyers in the world. Seriously, Venus is a catchy song, It's singable, People would enjoy it if it went on the radio while driving to work, It's a feel good song

Together You And I!

Yes, I think it has wider appeal, better lyrics, potential, etc. just better in general, even if Venus is pretty catchy. Looking back, Venus would've perhaps worked better because it was the original choice, got some good promo with a video already in the works - but I still think DWUW was the better all-around choice.

VENUS SUCKS. Do What U Want has the most hit potential of every song on that album and Gaga is letting that go. Venus will flop and would have flopped.

Who wants to sing 'GARDEN PANTY'

Who is going to be impressed that Gaga can name all the planets that have nothing to do with the song anyway.

Not the general public. Not radio.

:dies:

another fan who only cares about charts  :roll:

I don't only care about the charts, but charts are a good indication of success and I want Gaga to be successful. That's a pretty normal thing to want. I don't give a crap which other female pop star she beats, and all these stupid stan wars, but I want her to be critically and commercially successful. What's really so wrong with that? 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived