💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Supernatural S15: The Final Season

Bye

Featured Posts

As far as I know, Carver had a three part plan for seasons 8-9-10. I don't doubt that they thought a little farther ahead, though, as it's likely that they could go past 10 (if, as Biotic said, they're ratings hold up, which seems to be the case).

I think it was incredibly selfish of Dean. I didn't like it personally, but I guess it worked out good enough to develop conflict, what with all Sam finally calling Dean out on his familial codependency. It's not healthy, and I'm glad it was emphasized that way. In the context of season 8 and 9, it worked.

HOWEVER, in the context of 1-9, I don't think it was super amazing. Seasons 6 and 7 weren't the greatest, but Gamble as showrunner really developed Sam and Dean's characterizations really well. Come season 8, I feel like the development kind of crashed.

I mean, I guess in a way it sense- new showrunner wants to start anew. I personally think they're working fine with Sam and his further distancing from the 'you and me against the world, fighting the good fight' mentality (I mean, he didn't even look for Dean after Purgatory happened... I loved Amelia). Dean, however, I feel like they slid him back into that mentality even after him moving on from it.

Ya feel? I'm rambling, I'm sorry.

That's a very refreshing opinion, thank you for that. Many others seem to believe a character (like Sam) growing up and distancing himself from something is a bad thing and even bad writing :rip:

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a very refreshing opinion, thank you for that. Many others seem to believe a character (like Sam) growing up and distancing himself from something is a bad thing and even bad writing :rip:

Hell, I'm far from Sam's biggest fan (gravely dislike him season 4 and 5, even if the overall writing was absolutely fantastic). but I think they're characterizing him well in accordance to what's happening with him.

I mean, Sam circa now totally makes sense when looking at Sam circa then. Before, he was with Dean with the 'you and I against the world' logic, at least up until Lucifer happened and he was willing to sacrifice himself to save the human world from apocalypse.

But now, and I'm glad the writers have emphasized it, it can be easily told that he's just tired. He's willing to die, if not for the world then for himself. And if he can't? At least get away from what's holding him to the lifestyle- Dean.

It's odd what's going on with Dean, imo.

Season 6 and 7 had Dean dealing with a lot of things- initially Sam's death, then resurrection, then Castiel's betrayal, then Castiel's death, and such. And the way he dealt with it wasn't exactly healthy, either, what with all the alcoholism.

But, there was great emphasis in Dean knowing that the codependent brother dynamic just wasn't healthy. Come season 6, he was ready to live life after Sam.

Even season 8's characterization was decent. I'm not a big fan of the whole 'YOU DIDN'T LOOK FOR ME WHILE I WAS IN PURGATORY' thing (been there, done that, you know?); but, as I said before, it was probably introduced as a means of new showrunner getting a new start. Also, we got a slew of episodes that opened up Dean more than he ever did before- particularly with Charlie, but also with the subtext in s-xuality and emotional repression and such.

I understand that season 9 is the second part of a three part plotline, wherein the second part always has things going wrong. Apparently, in the narrative context, things are generally structured to fall apart in the second act. However, I'm still not the biggest fan of how it's gone for Dean. Again, it works in the context of the three part 8-9-10, but not as a whole 1-9 (imo).

[also, it's no excuse with the awkward consent issues and general awkwardly bad writing this season]

edit: sorry, I talk too much :sweat:

3 points in and ready for more

Just watched the new episode, and wow was that actually ok. Not the greatest, but ok.

-whoo Kevin

-glad Ms. Tran wasn't killed off

-Bartholomew went by quick like wow

-that lil' cyclical shot at the end was nice

-also very glad the overarching C plot (right?) is falling into place

buuuut

-where's Abaddon

-seeing all the angel factions just makes me want Naomi back

Just watched the new episode, and wow was that actually ok. Not the greatest, but ok.

-whoo Kevin

-glad Ms. Tran wasn't killed off

-Bartholomew went by quick like wow

-that lil' cyclical shot at the end was nice

-also very glad the overarching C plot (right?) is falling into place

buuuut

-where's Abaddon

-seeing all the angel factions just makes me want Naomi back

The Trans were great is as so happy to see both of them :party:

And I'm had Barty got killed off I hated him :party:

I'm angry at Sam even though I understand him. Just let it go and be cool with your brother again :ohno:

Miel

I'm angry at Sam even though I understand him. Just let it go and be cool with your brother again :ohno:

The Ghostfacers parallel was kinda alluding to that, so yay. Although, considering the whole "act II/III" thing, it'll be rocky.

Whoo, I hope we finally get some arc plot going. I kinda see more strucutral similarities between 8 and 9 now than I did earlier this season- particularly, the span of filler episodes that are thematic allusions to the main plot before episodes that deal with the main plot.

Bring on my Abaddon, I've been waiting for too long lol

edit: glad Bartholomew is gone, too. I'm glad he served a decent enough purpose instead of being a trite shoe-in (still felt like it, lol), but yeah- purpose done. Now, we can just off Malachi just as quick and bring back Naomi to bring in more complicated and decent tension lol

The Ghostfacers parallel was kinda alluding to that, so yay. Although, considering the whole "act II/III" thing, it'll be rocky.

Whoo, I hope we finally get some arc plot going. I kinda see more strucutral similarities between 8 and 9 now than I did earlier this season- particularly, the span of filler episodes that are thematic allusions to the main plot before episodes that deal with the main plot.

Bring on my Abaddon, I've been waiting for too long lol

edit: glad Bartholomew is gone, too. I'm glad he served a decent enough purpose instead of being a trite shoe-in (still felt like it, lol), but yeah- purpose done. Now, we can just off Malachi just as quick and bring back Naomi to bring in more complicated and decent tension lol

Re: the ghostfacers episode, the writers need to learn a little thing called subtlety :lmao: there was just no parallel between the geeks' situation and the brothers' problem. Dean saved Sam's life while the other just lied, tore his friend away from his girl so they could play supernatural...

I hope, as you said, that the show is alluding towards Sam forgiving Dean unlike Ed who didn't forgive Harry. I don't know how the show could go on of Sam doesn't forgive his big brother :ohno:

I need Abaddon back too, unfortunately no new episode next week :crossed:

Yes, Malachi was horrible, I even prefer Barty over him. So killing him and bringing Naomi back would be perfect. But it won't happen...

Miel

Re: the ghostfacers episode, the writers need to learn a little thing called subtlety :lmao: there was just no parallel between the geeks' situation and the brothers' problem. Dean saved Sam's life while the other just lied, tore his friend away from his girl so they could play supernatural...

--

Yes, Malachi was horrible, I even prefer Barty over him. So killing him and bringing Naomi back would be perfect. But it won't happen...

Jenny Klein got some things right, but yeah the Ghostfacers parallel seemed really forced. I mean, it was an interesting dynamic and interesting enough allusion, but its blatancy was a bit grating. Also, I really hope the didn't drop the rest of the Ghostfacers team just to make the parallel (I mean, could just be actors' scheduling conflicts, but still).

... idk how to feel about Jenny Klein as an individual writer. The episode she wrote back in the day with Sera Gamble was kind of cool, but her individual episodes this season? I haven't even watched 908 but it sounds dismal. 810 wasn't bad, but it was also a low point of season 8 imo.

This really makes me want Gamble to come back and write at least an episode. I mean, she wasn't the greatest showrunner, and some of her big arc choices were questionable, but she's an amazing writer. Plus, her characterization is great. I mean, if Kripke can stick as a consultant, why can't she come back as a guest? Then again, I always hear rumors about her parting with SPN being less than nice. Hmm.

And yeah, Naomi>>>

• 2 weeks later...
Miel

They need to cut Buckner/Lemming from the writing team. Well, maybe not completely, but my god their episodes are consistently the worst (also, hello Jenny Klein). They have good ideas, and wrap some things up nice, but still.

It's like they write women just to subjugate and kill them. I don't want them near Abaddon at all.

They need to cut Buckner/Lemming from the writing team. Well, maybe not completely, but my god their episodes are consistently the worst (also, hello Jenny Klein). They have good ideas, and wrap some things up nice, but still.

It's like they write women just to subjugate and kill them. I don't want them near Abaddon at all.

They wrote the last episode? Yeah I knew that female demon was gonna get killed off just as soon as she came onscreen :toofunny: what was good about this episode was Crowley, the lack of brotherly angst, and especially more Men of Letters. Tbh, the MoL are making the series much fresher. After this whole storyline is over they should move on to MoL plot-lines. I'd like Sam to take up spells, they seem really useful.

Cas Winchester

Reading these spoilers makes me less eager to catch up on the episodes this Sunday. :crossed:

Not because they're spoilers,but because it seems the episodes have been sucking lately.

Miel

They wrote the last episode? Yeah I knew that female demon was gonna get killed off just as soon as she came onscreen :toofunny: what was good about this episode was Crowley, the lack of brotherly angst, and especially more Men of Letters. Tbh, the MoL are making the series much fresher. After this whole storyline is over they should move on to MoL plot-lines. I'd like Sam to take up spells, they seem really useful.

Oh man, the MoL plotline is incredibly interesting. I wasn't a big fan of mister collector live long zoo man guy from last night, but he was definitely unnerving. I'd hope the writers would delve more into the MoL. I really liked Charlie's episode, too.

As for Crowley, I have to disagree- I didn't like him so much this episode. Granted, I haven't liked him much ever since the forced redemption arc (with the humanity and ****), but maybe it was just the writing this episode that kind of killed it for me. I'm glad to see that he's back into his conniving business, only if that means we're done with the redemption crap. [Crowley, of all people, doesn't need to be redeemed for future usage]

I do agree about the brotherly angst, though. Sometimes it's necessary, but other times it feels like a drag. Not this time, though.

Reading these spoilers makes me less eager to catch up on the episodes this Sunday. :crossed:

Not because they're spoilers,but because it seems the episodes have been sucking lately.

Nah, some of it is still cool. Whatever's going on with the overreaching arc, though, is still a bit messy (I assume it's gonna be like season 8, where everything's nebulous up until the last third of the season, where everything comes together).

Some individual episodes are still cool. Have you seen 'The Purge' yet? Not the greatest, but my favorite in a long while.

yeah, I hope too (I mean they kill Garth soon)

Hm?

Reading these spoilers makes me less eager to catch up on the episodes this Sunday.

No tbh these episodes are some of the ones I've enjoyed most since season 5. We're just nitpicking.

yeah, I hope too (I mean they kill Garth soon)

Garth probably won't show up again though so it doesn't matter.

Oh man, the MoL plotline is incredibly interesting. I wasn't a big fan of mister collector live long zoo man guy from last night, but he was definitely unnerving. I'd hope the writers would delve more into the MoL. I really liked Charlie's episode, too.

As for Crowley, I have to disagree- I didn't like him so much this episode. Granted, I haven't liked him much ever since the forced redemption arc (with the humanity and ****), but maybe it was just the writing this episode that kind of killed it for me. I'm glad to see that he's back into his conniving business, only if that means we're done with the redemption crap. [Crowley, of all people, doesn't need to be redeemed for future usage]

I do agree about the brotherly angst, though. Sometimes it's necessary, but other times it feels like a drag. Not this time, though.

Oh I just liked Crowley because he was devious and outsmarted the Winchesters, but no he's far from a favourite of mine, after the first few times he showed up in the series I wanted him gone. I hope they manage to kill him tbh, they can't just keep giving him free passes forever.

Miel

That was a good episode!

Abaddon's plan is really interesting to me, very reminiscent of Dick Roman's factorial plan (except without the, you know, farming). It was also pretty interesting to see them calling back to 6/7, which I feel like doesn't happen a lot.

Archived