💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

G.U.Y. hidden meaning?

Leo

Featured Posts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but in Born This Way, when she says capital H-I-M, she's talking about God... Right?

Maybe, maybe not. Or maybe she's doing both.

Pure Adrenaline

yet the illuminati strike again   :udidnt:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

I always here from eros. I thought it made more sense that way why would she be calling the listener Himeros

britneylopez99

well we know that the song existed in early-mid 2012 bc that interview, and i wouldnt be surprised if Gaga had started toying with the concept a few years earlier than that. this actually seems (a)plausible ;););)

TropicOfCANCER

I always here from eros. I thought it made more sense that way why would she be calling the listener Himeros

she's not addressing the listener though.  She's addressing the man--her partner-- because she says "i want to be the girl under YOU...you'll be my g.i.r.l, guy i'm romancin'"

Anyways, the way people interpret this song cracks me up; they just assume its about s-x. The song is about redefining what it means to be the GUY in the relationship--i.e., typically, the roles in relationships are such that men are in charge and women are submissive, but she's saying "I'm going to be the guy in the relationship ...as in, i'm in charge and call the shots [this is especially true in "know you'll wear my makeup well"---she's giving orders] BUT by doing so, i'm giving you permission to dominate me in the bedroom, hence, the girl under you." So, in one sense, she's the guy in the relationship because she's in charge, but in the bedroom she's the g.u.y because she's giving her man permission to dominate her.

she should release a vid where she's dominating men  :worship:

Wisdomless1

AAAHHH I love this!  Great job looking into a connection.  

It is odd how only a few songs in the album reference some sort of deity.  I feel like they're all connected in some way because of it, or maybe hope.

Edit:  Also, is the expansion of the  acronym for G.I.R.L ever confirmed?  I always think it's "Guy I Really Love"

Eros was also associated with male-male love. Don't know if that contributes to anything, just felt like I had to say it :laughga:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived