💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

G.U.Y. hidden meaning?

Leo

Featured Posts

Right. Either I'm crazy or I've spotted something in G.U.Y. that knocked me off my feet. The opening line of the song is so important, spoken. Just like the spoken first line of another song, which I'll get to later:

"Greeting, Himeros, god of s-xual desire"

A lot of fans are hearing it as:

"Greetings from Eros"

It quite clearly is Himeros, though, I mean even the album booklet got it right with this one. And to be honest, I wasn't all that aware of Himeros. I knew about Eros as a god of love, and one of the four Greek words for 'love', but not Himeros. So I had to ask myself:

What's the difference between Eros and Himeros?

After a bit o' research, turns out they are both EROTES, winged beings of love, each representing a different type of love with some overlapping. Eros is the main god, ruling over love, lust and beauty. Himeros on the other hand rules over s-xual desire, as Gaga sultrily informs in her intro.

So clearly the difference between them is important (it's notable that Eros carries a lyre, so depending on how you chose to hear verse 2 of MJH, he could be the inspiration behind that).

But the more I thought about why she chose the least written about member of the 4 and why she included it in this song, the more I realised that she is a bloody genius. Look at it a different way, as simple as it seems:

What's the difference between Eros and Himeros?

Simple. HIM.

Three letters makes up the difference. By adding 'him' to the equation, we see a shift. But look at the song, look at the title, the lyrics, the meaning. It isn't guy, it's G.U.Y. Not one word; three letters. G.U.Y. It's about men, it's masculine, and so is 'him'. But considering this, shouldn't we take the letters into consideration?

It's not 'guy', it's G.U.Y. It's not 'him', it's H.I.M. And as Gaga says, it's not important if you view your man as a guy or a G.U.Y., if you want them to be the girl or the boy. It doesn't matter if you love your guy, or your G.U.Y.

It doesn't matter if you love him, or capital H.I.M.

Gaga has been thinking about this song since 2011.

tumblr_lmeytqPBQO1qahbsb.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

Very interesting.. Hmm.. What a crazy coincidence :duck:

But to be fair, the only reason why people thought "from Eros" was because of the bad quality leak.

But to be fair, the only reason why people thought "from Eros" was because of the bad quality leak.

What do we say about coincidences? The universe is rarely so lazy.

And neither is Gaga.

GagaMyBlood95

So... what is it like on GOAT? Because obviously you're reaching.

Gaga may have been planning this song, or this song may be an actual outtake from Born This way.

Or it could actually be a coincidence because she said Himeros, a god of s-xual desire.

Also, I'm pretty sure Pathos is the least written about.

Battle 4 Ur Life

Is Gaga confirming that she's a man?

:awkney:

now let's go 5 years back in time so that can be funny

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

So... what is it like on GOAT? Because obviously you're reaching.

Gaga may have been planning this song, or this song may be an actual outtake from Born This way.

Or it could actually be a coincidence because she said Himeros, a god of s-xual desire.

Also, I'm pretty sure Pathos is the least written about.

Thanks for the info, wasn't too aware of Pathos!

And yes, yes I'm reaching. Reaching for the sun, moon and ****ing stars. 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived