💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Remember when Gaga fought w/Interscope Over Alejandro?

EGOT2027

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

:toofunny:

DITD would have been an iconic and legendary hit. Practically everyone's forgotten about Alejandro, it was only riding the success of that era.

Alejandro is the biggest LG HIT in east Europe and one of the 5 biggest in

the whole Europe.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RichAssPiss

I agree 100%, and would add that it was a connecter to the LGBT-supporting theme of BTW and the Madonna comparison controversy, Yet I still don't see what the connector between MTN and ARTPOP/APPLAUSE unless her refusal to give up led to her success and her living for the applause

I'm pretty sure Gaga wanted Venus to be the first single from ARTPOP (it fits with the "up and coming female producer" tease). If so, I think it really does carry over the message of Born This Way. We see this now with her "Goddess of Love" image. It's a positive song about spreading love. Yet it takes this message and channels it through an art figure, Venus, captured famously in The Birth of Venus by Botticelli. Gaga wanted to give voice to the goddess Venus and let her message of love step out of the canvas and onto the dance floor. ARTPOP.

MikeGoneGaga

I love DITD, and I would have loved a video for it. BUT...and there are a few.

It's too similar to Bad Romance in structure, themes, etc.

I don't think it would have gone over as well as Alejandro did. 

The video for Alejandro remains my favorite, and I love me some Paparazzi. It was so controversial. It was fantastic.

Also, and most importantly, it means that the song belongs to the fans instead of the world. I love when one of my favorite songs isn't released as a single because then it's less known. It's for the people that care instead of the world to chew up and spit out. Songs like DITD, Monster, Scheisse, Paper Gangsta etc. are like my own little gems instead of being all sorts of on display in a museum. Something about that...don't enitrely know what. but something about that I really like.

FrankGutz

Alejandro gave her a big fanbase here in South America

Yep, here in Mexico everybody knows or have a friend named Alejandro, u just call them singin' the song, hahahaha i still do it

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

So, I don't remember where we received this info, but we know that when it came time to pick a third single from TFM, that Gaga wanted Alejandro and Interscope wanting Dance in the Dark. My question is why? Both songs are fantastic, but DITD is epic.  Like seriously, why was Gaga so determined?

Discuss.  And if anyone has the source of where we learned about this long ago would be great.  :)

I'm on Interscope's side tbh. I don't know why Gaga wanted Alejandro so much and even tho I LOOOVE Alejandro, I still think DITD would have been one of (if not the) best single Gaga could've put out. Could u imagine the video ?  :giveup:

she should have redone this video with these guys, IMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk5RORfkeok for DITD

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived