139 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gaga pull a Bilbo?

• Yes, she should stop temporarily
    • Yes, she should stop permanently
    • No, I love this entire era
    • No, but I am worried

Featured Posts

Right now? Um no.............. :awkney:

Hah, but I think she'll eventually take a break, yes, and perhaps come back even stronger than ever. I think Gaga's got a lot planned out that we may never know.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LaLuna

After working so damn hard to get where she is? Hell no. Yes, she's going through a rough patch at the moment, and the ARTPOP era has been a real letdown in many respects. But then this happens to pretty much every artist. Just because Gaga is not as popular and praised as she used to be doesn't mean she should just give up and quit the music business.

I would be in favor of a short break after the ARTPOP Ball (say, a couple months) so Gaga can just take a step back, get away from all the hate she's been getting and think about where she wants to go next in terms of her career and artistic vision and then come back with a vengeance by releasing a killer album that will slay the world :legend:

Vernier

I take it everyone on here still loves Gaga, I know I do. However, with Gaga's meltdown going on, should Gaga pull a Bilbo Baggins for this era or maybe even her career? Who is here for a temporary or permanent leave from the music industry so she can get herself back together and fight to get back to a better place in her life?

Try to give an explanation for your choice

If she loves music and performing like she says she does, how is a permanent leave even remotely a good idea? :huh: But yes, she could maybe do with a temporary break.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

MonsterMarty

Eh, what evidence is there that she was ever in the Beatles tribute (as nice as that would be)? And what has it got to do with anything else? To me, that just sounds like Propagaga reporting a rumor (that she'd be in it), then backpedaling.

Most likely an artist of Gaga's caliber would be announced by now so it's very likely. Having said that, Gaga likes to not tell us anything so you're right, who knows. As for the Beatles tribute - it was widely reported. Once again, Gaga says nothing about anything so who knows!

You realize the Grammy awards are actually voted on by musicians, right?

Grammys are critical since they're awarding based on who gets the most votes, i.e. who/what people like more. A large part of the voters are what are called referred voters - people with music business connections that are "recommended" as voters to the Grammy committee by members.

I think she should take a break AFTER the album and tour, she's already been taking steps back from the media and fans over the past year, if she does that again right now, she will be completely irrelevant except to stans by the time she comes back. But I do think she needs to get herself together, and if a break is what she needs, that's fine. But do it after the tour. Not here for some disappointing cancellations again (although her health is #1 and if that did happen i would get over it)

boniva4lyfe

There's no option of "No, stop being stupid"

Amen!  What is wrong with these people?!

tumblr_muz22kwu7J1qb9d8io2_250.gif

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived