💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'ARTPOP' Receipts Thread - post all certifications here!

Arturo

Featured Posts

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion

Anyone know where ARTPOP stands right now in comparison to being considered platinum? 

around 750k

• 2 weeks later...
ezrajones

In the US? It will never get the platinum certification, because it didn't even crack 800k in the US and it's selling low every week tbh. It's nowhere to be found on iTunes.

This means nothing. Ariana Grande's My Everything is barely over 500,000 sold and it got a platinum certification. 

ARTPOP is definitely closer to 800,000 sold by now + streaming points for the singles/tracks + shipments (probably over 1 million): it would get one if Interscope wanted to.

Gaga

GagaMyBlood95

This means nothing. Ariana Grande's My Everything is barely over 500,000 sold and it got a platinum certification. 

ARTPOP is definitely closer to 800,000 sold by now + streaming points for the singles/tracks + shipments (probably over 1 million): it would get one if Interscope wanted to.

Of course, but I meant as in pure sales.

How generous of you. I believe she was only in the 300-400K range when she received the platinum certification. 

ezrajones

How generous of you. I believe she was only in the 300-400K range when she received the platinum certification. 

lol Even worse. That's what I'm saying, though. ARTPOP is certainly platinum eligible if she/her label was going to have it done.

Gaga

JusKeepBreathin

Album certification go by shipments, this just means that stores like Target, Walmart and other music retailers were shipped enough of AG's CDs to go platinum. They probably saw how well her two first singles did and decided it was a good idea to order more albums. That good for the Record company but bad for the retailer. Good for the record company because anything shipped has been paid for regardless of whether the retailer sells it or not. Bad for the retailer because the have merchandise that is just taking up room. Chances are that stores didn't really believe that LG's album would sell much and order it conservatively and at this point would probably not order more. So LG's certification heavily depends upon albums sold to consumers and not albums shipped as not as many albums were shipped. But by this point I do believe that the there should be enough sales to push it to Platinum certification. RIAA just certified a bunch of singles for Gaga in May 2015. I don't think Intercope will pay the fee to certify anything else until her next albums release. I really feel that they are just too cheap to pay the fee. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

• 2 weeks later...
ImpossiblePrincess

oh i never really listened to cheek to cheek i don't really like jazz but the song cheek to cheek is good:proud:

Welcome to GagaDaily, it looks like things just got messgendary.

• 2 weeks later...

Zedd posted a photo on his Twitter with a bunch of certified albums and ARTPOP was one of them, does this mean it's platinum??

1 hour ago, CheapGin said:

Zedd posted a photo on his Twitter with a bunch of certified albums and ARTPOP was one of them, does this mean it's platinum??

I first thought it was not US, but Ariana's one says "1 million sold", so… let's pray it's US platinum cert

GloZell Green
2 hours ago, CheapGin said:

32 minutes ago, Chump said:

I first thought it was not US, but Ariana's one says "1 million sold", so… let's pray it's US platinum cert

Ugh, is it possible that ARTPOP is platinum now? Or what? I'm lost :confused: 

Lady Gaga | Shakira

• Jase unpinned this topic

Archived