Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'ARTPOP' Receipts Thread - post all certifications here!

Arturo

Featured Posts

Fiona Apple

When ARTPOP was at 1.8M, the album was selling less than 3-5k WW per week. If it passed 2M months ago, it would mean that it sold +8k per week since June = impossible. It's possible that it just passed 2M or is really close to, but not more.

Bangerz was also at 1.8M months ago (almost at the same time as Gaga), and last update from Mediatraffic some weeks ago was 1.95M. That's why Gaga should be in those numbers as well.

​Yeah but Bangerz has been out of top 200 on worldwide iTunes since the Summer.. ARTPOP still be on the top 100.. So isn't it obvious that ARTPOP has sold at least 2,05-2,1m?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rainbow Unicorn

​Yeah but Bangerz has been out of top 200 on worldwide iTunes since the Summer.. ARTPOP still be on the top 100.. So isn't it obvious that ARTPOP has sold at least 2,05-2,1m?

To me it's not obvious, it's just impossible. ARTPOP is in the top 100 on iTunes since the Oscar performance, so it's very recent. Also, on May 17, ARTPOP was at 1.8M. On August 22, Mediatraffic latest estimation for ARTPOP was 1.835M copies, while Bangerz was at 1.876M.  It means that between May 17 and this date (3 months), ARTPOP has sold 35k copies. Since August, 6 months have passed. If you do the maths and without considering any decrease (or increase but it wasn't the case actually) since this date, it would mean that 70k have been sold at max (=1.905M). That's why ARTPOP is more at 1.950M max than 2M+ to me, it's even probably at 1.9-1.91M.

Fiona Apple

To me it's not obvious, it's just impossible. ARTPOP is in the top 100 on iTunes since the Oscar performance, so it's very recent. Also, on May 17, ARTPOP was at 1.8M. On August 22, Mediatraffic latest estimation for ARTPOP was 1.835M copies, while Bangerz was at 1.876M.  It means that between May 17 and this date (3 months), ARTPOP has sold 35k copies. Since August, 6 months have passed. If you do the maths and without considering any decrease (or increase but it wasn't the case actually) since this date, it would mean that 70k have been sold at max (=1.905M). That's why ARTPOP is more at 1.950M max than 2M+ to me, it's even probably at 1.9-1.91M.

​Lol you are incredibly wrong with that..ARTPOP never left the top 100 on the worldwide iTunes..

Rainbow Unicorn

​Lol you are incredibly wrong with that..ARTPOP never left the top 100 on the worldwide iTunes..

​Ok, i'll say that you're right on that thing.

But Mediatraffic numbers are still real, and even if it's in the iTunes top 100, it has sold less than 70k in 6 months. So, it never reached 2M :) And seeing those numbers, it means that Bangerz physical version is selling better than digital.

Arturo

I found this website on ATRL: http://www.tnsori.com/20131230-itunes-topsongs-weekly/2

It gives weekly iTunes estimations. And at its latest position, Applause sold an estimation of 128,127 digital copies. And remember the single sold 6,856 physical copies according to Oricon. 

Applause sold 135,000+ copies in Japan so far. 

:applause:

​Added to OP :)

I found this website on ATRL: http://www.tnsori.com/20131230-itunes-topsongs-weekly/2

It gives weekly iTunes estimations. And at its latest position, Applause sold an estimation of 128,127 digital copies. And remember the single sold 6,856 physical copies according to Oricon. 

Applause sold 135,000+ copies in Japan so far. 

:applause:

​It has probably sold more than 150,000 already that was a year and 4 months ago. 

• 2 weeks later...
Rainbow Unicorn

​It has probably sold more than 150,000 already that was a year and 4 months ago. 

​Yes, probably. But since we don't have more receipts, it's safe to say that Applause sold 135k.

JusKeepBreathin

Why is it that ARTPOP is at 1,950,000 and MDNA is at 2,000,000?

When MDNA dropped off every chart on earth it had sold about 1,321,000.

At the year end charts it suddenly was at 1,600,000. Then 2 years later another 400,000 thousand. Lol please. Mediatraffics estimations are more favorable to some artists then others. 

I am expected to believe the MDNA finished off the year selling 10,000 copies per week in 2012 and 3,000 to 4,000 per week in 2013 and 2014. Give me break. Lol  if they want to remain a reputable site they shouldn't give VERY generous estimations to one artist and not others. 

When ARTPOP stopped charting it was at 1,600,000+ in 2014. 

:trootea:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Rainbow Unicorn

Why is it that ARTPOP is at 1,950,000 and MDNA is at 2,000,000?

When MDNA dropped off every chart on earth it had sold about 1,321,000.

At the year end charts it suddenly was at 1,600,000. Then 2 years later another 400,000 thousand. Lol please. Mediatraffics estimations are more favorable to some artists then others. 

I am expected to believe the MDNA finished off the year selling 10,000 copies per week in 2012 and 3,000 to 4,000 per week in 2013 and 2014. Give me break. Lol  if they want to remain a reputable site they shouldn't give VERY generous estimations to one artist and not others. 

When ARTPOP stopped charting it was at 1,600,000+ in 2014. 

:trootea:

I don't think this is generous. Like you said, ARTPOP was at 1,600,000 earlier in 2014, it was at 1,835,000 in August. Now, it's at 1,950,000. 350,000 copies have been sold in a year, and less than 115,000 in a few months. So, it's normal to me that MDNA sold 400,000 in 2 years. It has been out of the album chart in June 2012. And there were a 27 weeks difference between the 2012 Year-End Chart release and the week she was out. Which means that 279,000 copies have been sold within 27 weeks to reach 1,600,000 (around 10,000 per week, and she was out of the Album Top selling again +20,000 copies). :) 

JusKeepBreathin

We are going to agree to disagree on that one. MDNA was not charting anywhere, not even the "small countries" for the past year. The MDNA tour had been over for a year so no ticket bundle sales. In the US alone that acounted for half of her album sales. So that album selling that well for 2 years with no radio airplay anywhere is just not possible. I am more inlclined to believe The Immaculate Collection sold that much because those songs get more airplay in many places. (supermarkets, elevators, oldies radio) The only thing that kept MDNA charting was her tour.  My point is that Mediatraffic does estimations and not real numbers. Sometimes dependable and sometimes not. Other than Gaga when was the last time they gave a 1.95 million estimation. Never, they would have just rounded it upward.

But I do like chatting with you. :flower:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Rainbow Unicorn

We are going to agree to disagree on that one. MDNA was not charting anywhere, not even the "small countries" for the past year. The MDNA tour had been over for a year so no ticket bundle sales. In the US alone that acounted for half of her album sales. So that album selling that well for 2 years with no radio airplay anywhere is just not possible. I am more inlclined to believe The Immaculate Collection sold that much because those songs get more airplay in many places. (supermarkets, elevators, oldies radio) The only thing that kept MDNA charting was her tour.  My point is that Mediatraffic does estimations and not real numbers. Sometimes dependable and sometimes not. Other than Gaga when was the last time they gave a 1.95 million estimation. Never, they would have just rounded it upward.

But I do like chatting with you. :flower:

​I see your point actually.

I don't know how Mediatraffic works: if they take their time adding up sales or if they have a board showing stats... But once an album is completely out of the Album Chart, maybe they stop estimating it (they sometimes keep giving some figures weeks after on their homepage, but not after a year, or more...). That's probably why when they re-estimate an album years after, the figure is completely inflated or highly rounded. I don't know ahah :eww:

I do like chatting with you too :flower: 

Rainbow Unicorn

The numbers on the OP are really overestimated. :messga:

Applause: 2,580,000

DWUW: 1,220,000

ViviLittleM

The numbers on the OP are really overestimated. :messga:

Applause: 2,580,000

DWUW: 1,220,000

​omg yes lmao

• Jase unpinned this topic

Archived