đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What are the concepts of ARTPOP? Where is the soul?

Yoshi

Featured Posts

HeavyMetalLuvah

Posts like this are disappointing- honestly..

Not to say its an easy concept to understand, but these are the "fans" after all, c'mon.

I highly suggest people visit Gaga Stigmata.com

It takes an a--lytical and academia approach to everything Gaga does and really a--lyzes her artistry.

In short, ARTPOP could mean anything- Gaga's musical influences, how shes put art in pop culture since the beginning (in the sense that she used things already familair in pop culture and made them a focal point in her artistry, mickey mouse in paparazzi, ie)

her life as artist up till this point, how she really needs fame to survive..

its her best album imo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love ARTPOP. I feel a spiritual change when I listen to it. Whenever I listen to a song from ARTPOP I always imagine myself being the suparstar, me performing it on award shows etc.. It inspires me to become and artist. Let's appreciate our talents once and for all. Free my mind ARTPOP.

Gaga is dat u

idk I guess it's supposed to be about putting "art" in commercial pop music

"a hybrid can withstand these things"-idk maybe pressure by her label to make commercial music

"my heart can beat with bricks and strings"-she can compromise and make it pop yet artsy

"my ARTPOP could mean anything"-I'll take whatever I think is artsy and make it commercial

there's only a few songs that have like an artsy theme to them tho (venus, maybe aura, applause). And I don't see any reverse warholian, for this album to make any sense to me it'd just be about putting art in commercial pop.

doseofamnesia. tumblr. com

Wisdomless1

ARTPOP could mean anything

And it's about adrenalines

And about ART and Koons

And about POP and the media

And the fans and her belonging, so ART and POP must belong, too.

This one sounded cute!  :)

VforVendetta

so yea i just listened to ARTPOP in full and like what. she said she has put in time to it but only the title track talks about any concept?

you cant have on track define a whole album

does anyone actually know what the concept behind this album is?

The theme of ARTPOP is ANYTHING. This means that the album has many different themes combined with pop tracks. It does have a theme but in the same way it doesn't.

But the weirdest thing is that the album ends on Applause. It's a great song. But thematically...it's just enforcing the idea of a barrier between the performer and the audience. Only the audience claps, not the performer. The audience members aren't active participants when they're clapping, they're just passive observers.

They become part of the show when they're clapping, though. The performer needs its audience to survive, in a sense. I think that may be part of the point she's making there - every component is important.

nativenewyorker

Apparently it's about being able to see the art and love in the world around you, celebrating in the freedom and adrenaline you feel when you create.

The world is full of potential for creativity and the spreading of kindness. The album is just pop songs that act like a soundtrack to this way of life. They are creative, fun, and full of energy. It's meant to motivate people to enjoy the life they live and feel good about their work and kindness to others.

Gaga's celebrating her own life by bringing an artsy attitude to the pop landscape and introducing her movement and theories. This is who she is and she is writhing in self-redemption. Think about where she is in this point of her personal life and career, she's defining her artistry/shtick as ARTPOP.

It all connects in a weird way. I think we all know what Gaga's trying to say but we're too early into the era to define it exactly. Let's give it some time.

The theme of ARTPOP is ANYTHING. This means that the album has many different themes combined with pop tracks. It does have a theme but in the same way it doesn't.

I sort of always saw the "anything/possibilities" theme as being a better way of saying there was no theme, or that the concept was/is/will be added afterwards.

Forbidden love, hidden love, submissive love, alien love, shallow love, materialistic love, love for your family, love of sin, love of fashion, love of applause, protecting your love, begging your loved ones for forgiveness, gypsy love

Love and pleasure are a very common string. It's not in all of them, but don't act like it's not relatable back to her concepts of art and personal messages throughout the ARTPOP era.

Also, don't assume that ARTPOP doesn't have a soul, because it may very well have one to her. This is a question of how well Gaga is at executing her ideas rather than whether or not she has them because she definitely does.

This is nice!

And of course I believe that Gaga has a soul and believes that her album has a soul. I just don't get any soul out of it for myself, speaking to me, until I get to Dope. I feel an album worthy of a party and high on s-xuality. That's just me.

I still think that by thinking of waves of adrenaline, this fits the theme best and can describe the feeling that the album makes me feel. That makes it nice for me.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

One reviewer described it best. ARTPOP is like the statue on its cover: colossal yet lifeless.

I bop to the music everyday but it's her emptiest album by far in terms of themes and cohesiveness.

This is nice!

And of course I believe that Gaga has a soul and believes that her album has a soul. I just don't get any soul out of it for myself, speaking to me, until I get to Dope. I feel an album worthy of a party and high on s-xuality. That's just me.

I still think that by thinking of waves of adrenaline, this fits the theme best and can describe the feeling that the album makes me feel. That makes it nice for me.

Fun and s-xuality are topics that pertain to the human being. They inherently give soul to any project. Just because something isn't as """"serious"""" as topics such as sadness or forgiveness does not make them any less soulful IN MY OPINION. This is something that I recognize about ARTPOP and it's also what tears me up about how it's being treated. It's being treated as shallow, which it is not. Any body of work that was created (written) mainly by one person is inherently deep because it carries the complexities (obvious or not obvious) of the author's mind.

Anyway, I agree with the adrenalines theory too. After all, she said it herself. And I think it can be connected back to the euphoria and pleasure felt during love.

Fun and s-xuality are topics that pertain to the human being. They inherently give soul to any project. Just because something isn't as """"serious"""" as topics such as sadness or forgiveness does not make them any less soulful IN MY OPINION. This is something that I recognize about ARTPOP and it's also what tears me up about how it's being treated. It's being treated as shallow, which it is not. Any body of work that was created (written) mainly by one person is inherently deep because it carries the complexities (obvious or not obvious) of the author's mind.

Anyway, I agree with the adrenalines theory too. After all, she said it herself. And I think it can be connected back to the euphoria and pleasure felt during love.

Sure, your point taken, but I just see all of that fun and s-xuality in the songs as a superficiality and a high on life, Gaga's life and compressing of ones soul, until I come to Dope. Gypsy seems like the crossover to me [coming down], coming back and relating back to Born This Way and then Dope [soul] and finding herself again, Applause.
The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

VforVendetta

I sort of always saw the "anything/possibilities" theme as being a better way of saying there was no theme, or that the concept was/is/will be added afterwards.

Yes but this isn't a weakness at all. Its an album about pop culture and so it has a lot of themes. It makes it really interesting if you ask me. The anything concept gives Gaga the freedom to break the lines of a theme and do something new that is a lot of things.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived