Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What are the concepts of ARTPOP? Where is the soul?

Yoshi

Featured Posts

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone knows. I think when it started off she had a clearer idea but it has completely got lost along the way. I mean she was still choosing the songs that made the final cut not long before the album came out so they must have just chucked whatever they thought was best on there.

People can say "it's more than the music, it's a whole project" etc... But please tell me what it all means then? The album is obviously the definitive center-piece of the 'project', and thematically it's pretty incoherent.

It's a very good pop album and she shows her versatility etc but at the same time it is pretty incoherent.

However I do think most people should cut her some slack. Yeah it isn't really what she tries to make it out to be, but it still ****s on virtually all other mainstream pop artists' latest releases (imo). What she says shouldn't affect your view of it.

Who says an album can't be defined by one song? In this case, ARTPOP tells us how it could mean ANYTHING. It could be about worshipping love (Venus), it could be the adrenaline of fame (Applause), or it could be powerful feminism (MANiCURE, G.U.Y., Aura)

:lmao: STOP ITTT EVERYBODY.

I guess it is about celebrating being yourself. Because Born This Way was about loving yourself!

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

TimisaMonster

Making commercial, known, and available to the masses what is considered art to the Artist that creates it... In Gaga's case... She's making known her personal life and experiences through music. Making commercial what would be considered: non radio friendly, weird or experimental music. Making available the chance to own a piece of authentic art by an actual artistic collaboration through Jeff, producers, and us as we inspired her vision!

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

I'm just not hearing any soul in this record, maybe with Dope but the rest of it is so party and absentminded fun, that you can easily forget about that song.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

ARTPOP is really about the concept around the album, rather than anything in the album in terms of lyrics. It's about literally bringing art into pop culture. By working with esteemed artists and letting them create art using a pop star as a vessel, she is reintroducing art into pop culture and essentially making pop culture a bit more high-brow, which is necessary in a generation where Instagram is considered artsy. 

It's a brilliant concept that falls flat on its face because it's just too abstract and off-putting for the majority of people to appreciate. Gaga's also not doing herself any favors. With her album promotion, she could have done so many things with amazing, talented artists, but she's only worked with a handful. Instead, she's now taking selfies on LM.com and moaning about critics, and has apparently completely given up on any form of promotion. I just want this era to end now. I love the music and her art pieces, but her attitude has really put me off, and the embarrassing mess of her mismanagement is making this whole era look like a disaster.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Allison M

i think she researched a lot of different artists and paintings and sculpture and incorporated them into the music. like the lyrics. on the songs there are different references to different art pieces. i think that is what she meant by research.

Who says an album can't be defined by one song? In this case, ARTPOP tells us how it could mean ANYTHING. It could be about worshipping love (Venus), it could be the adrenaline of fame (Applause), or it could be powerful feminism (MANiCURE, G.U.Y., Aura)

thats not defined enough. by your logic it could be about breeding dogs

:lmao: STOP ITTT EVERYBODY.

I guess it is about celebrating being yourself. Because Born This Way was about loving yourself!

if it was were are the references. born this way was littered with "love yourself and your set" "run run with her" "im gonna marry the night"

All the ARTPOP songs are ADRENALINES

:yes: 

This actually makes the most sense, if any.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Theres no soul in this album at all. Dope is the only one with it imo.

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived