💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Jewels N' Drugs should be a single

Quark

Featured Posts

I knew T.I and Twista before this. The only one I did not know a lot about was too short. But even then, many people do indeed know these rappers. Also, when it comes to Gaga, anything could be a single. Don't act like you already know everything.

Yeah everybody knows T.I babe and I'm not acting like I know everything, but if you seriously think that the most hated song on the album in this fanbase will become a single you're dreaming. Wanting a new sound as a single is cool, being delusional isn't.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it does, specially when you compare it to all other hip hop songs on the radio. Plus this is my opinion anyways.

Any specific examples? I'm not grilling you but how can you say it's better than "all" other HH songs on the radio...

edit: guess not... :P

I agree, its the only song that will bring her to a new audience. It could be as huge as Run this town but unfortunately fans only want gaga to release songs that sound like everything else shes ever released

TimisaMonster

I think Mariah's career was already over before Triumphant flop was ever written tbh :manicure:

Mega smash hit Obsessed from her last album says hi... :ohwell:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

o<(0_0)>o

I think Jewels N' Drugs should be a single or at least an urban single at some point. Here is why:

-Gaga provides a catchy chorus

-The song has for the most part simple and fun lyrics. Just like the GP likes

-The intremuntal is really good and somewhat unique. Therefore the song will stand out

-The song has 3 rappers that could give more attention to this song

-This song will show a new side of Gaga that the GP hasn't really seen before. There are many that could like this new side of Gaga

-Finally, while this song goes harder than your usual radio hip hop song, the song still has an electro trap sound that is really popular right now. (Specially in the U.S.)

-Yes the chorus is catchy :)

-Sometimes I think the song is too simple :/

-The instrumental indeed is very unique. Not many hip-hop songs sound like J&D

-To be honest, T.I., Too $hort and Twista are not that hot anymore. She could've collaborated with another hip-hop artist.

-I don't think this song is material to be highly proud of it. When Gaga first started she was more appealing to a hip-hop audience because her pop songs had many influences from that genre. Plus Starstruck was a good song :)

I love the song, such a jam, but hell no, just imagine the performances and the music video :eww:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

LStephens11

Mega smash hit Obsessed from her last album says hi... :ohwell:

The only reason I know that song is because I have a cousin who is a huge Mariah stan (he has a sticker of her on his ID badge and he works as a nurse :lmao:) - I haven't heard a Mariah song on the radio in years and if they do play one it's usually a single from Emotions, Music Box or her self-titled album. I enjoy her music, so don't think I'm hating on her.

nope the radio play would be a huge mess, the words would be censored  :eww:

although i love the song

But the people that will buy the single is the GP, not this fan base (this fan base already has the song). So it doesn't matter if people here hate it. Also is not like I already know the song will become a single, I am just stating my opinion that I think it should become one. Finally what is my delusion? The song does clearly have a new sound.

Yeah everybody knows T.I babe and I'm not acting like I know everything, but if you seriously think that the most hated song on the album in this fanbase will become a single you're dreaming. Wanting a new sound as a single is cool, being delusional isn't.

I did not say Gaga was a hard artist, I say the song has a harder sound than most hip hop songs on the radio. Also I obviously like the song, and just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean the GP also doesn't like it.

lol no thanks, literally nobody thinks of her as a "hard" artist, and if she releases this as a single people will just think she is desperate and thirsty to be seen as badass and "black". Also the whole song is just  :pukey: There are so many better songs on the album, so I hope this never becomes a single.

2edo2f9.jpg

I did not say is "better" than all HH songs on the radio, I said is edgier and harder than most. If you want examples, just check any top 20 Hip Hop songs on itunes and you will see that Gaga's song is at the very least a little edgier then those songs.

Any specific examples? I'm not grilling you but how can you say it's better than "all" other HH songs on the radio...

edit: guess not... :P

It's a great song!  I think it was intended from the beginning to be a single eventually. All of my non-Gaga fan friends get into this song more than almost all the others on ARTPOP. I don't think a lot of the members on GGD like this style of music ^  :spin: .

We're all Stronger Together!

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived