💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Do you think ARTPOP would be more critical acclaimed if...

JEANBO

Featured Posts

Yes. Every review that dragged the album had to state the album isn't "art" enough... As if music isn't art :roll:

I don't understand how an album title can have anything to do with the critical acclaim.

See above :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will! Bookmark this and I'll wait for a notification that you quoted me in 2034. :monsterpaw:  :haha:

Oh I will tumblr_msgkopNQBu1sphc96o1_400.gif

:)

Disregard

I don't understand how an album title can have anything to do with the critical acclaim.

Because the title is the first impression. People expect something based on that, and more often than not, people have not felt that that the material delivered on that expectation. If the album was simply called POP or something like that, it would be praised to the heavens for being a solid danceable pop album.

Yea cause you spelled peace wrong

That's true. But I'm sure someone on her team would have noticed that before the release. :haha:

MonsterMarty

Well, Venus is godess of love so album theme would have to be love. Now it's possibilities.

It could have been called Goddess Of Love with songs like Venus, Sexxx Dreams, G.U.Y., DWUW, etc. Almost any of the songs could be attributed to relationships/love/s-x in some way. It could have pushed the iconography theme and the fun side Gaga showed in Japan, which might have let the record be considered less pretentious by critics...

Disregard

The title has literally nothing to do with it.

It has a lot to do with it. The title conveys what the artist feels about the material. Everyone agreed that it was pop, many people failed to find the art. It all feeds into the idea that Gaga puts out this pretentious, self-important pop music that really doesn't make people feel that this is some other level ****.

TheOriginalOne

But if the album wasn't called ARTPOP I'm sure the song ARTPOP wouldn't even exist :crossed:

MonsterMarty

But if the album wasn't called ARTPOP I'm sure the song ARTPOP wouldn't even exist :crossed:

Not really. It not being called Venus doesn't make that song not exist. ARTPOP is a concept song and probably would have been made regardless. Afterall, it's the best on the record.

Gov Hooka

yeah the album and the way Gaga promoted was the biggest turn off for the critics, but at the end of the day I don't give a damn for what they have to say, good or bad.

MarcsARTPOP

Y'know I realised one thing. Swinefest was the most epic performance to me because at that time the whole concept of ARTPOP had not been revealed yet and ARTPOP adopted a very dark, serious theme. I think if Gaga stuck to that ARTPOP would be more epic on the whole.

Sister

I think that Goddess Of Love would have worked it best!

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

I think it or something like it would've made a lot of sense and done a lot of favors for the overall perception of the album. It narrows it down to something specific, thematically and whatever else, rather than this huge concept that makes the music seem inadequate in comparison.

I was always shaky on the title but it's still unique so I do like that.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived