Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Some of you don't realize that gaga is already an ICON

MoneyFameSex

Featured Posts

Disregard

And it's the same for the stans of Madonna and Janet. Can't you see that things develop based off of what has happened previously. No one truly does it for themselves, they borrow from the past but at the same time they make it their own. Madonna, Britney, and Gaga included.

No. There was no blueprint before that. There was no powerful woman with a troupe of dancers behind her singing meaningful lyrics, no female singer taking control of their own s-xuality. They had musical influences but no precedent for the type of image they conveyed. Britney had it all handed to her on a silver platter.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gov Hooka

No. There was no blueprint before that. There was no powerful woman with a troupe of dancers behind her singing meaningful lyrics, no female singer taking control of their own s-xuality. They had musical influences but no precedent for the type of image they conveyed. Britney had it all handed to her on a silver platter.

All the female singers of the Disco era-Donna Summer, Gloria Gaynor, Diana Ross, etc. beg to differ with your statement.

Disregard

All the female singers of the Disco era-Donna Summer, Gloria Gaynor, Diana Ross, etc. beg to differ with your statement.

Nah. They aren't really comparable. But if you'd like to believe so then it just weakens your statement that Britney had anything new to bring to the table.

Gov Hooka

Nah. They aren't really comparable. But if you'd like to believe so then it just weakens your statement that Britney had anything new to bring to the table.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcvd3V-V1fk

Really now. The performance that received the most views of any Grammy telecast in Grammy history begs to differ. 

Disregard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcvd3V-V1fk

Really now. The performance that received the most views of any Grammy telecast in Grammy history begs to differ. 

Cute. How did the performance look back when the song originally came out? I thought the discussion was over?

Gov Hooka

Cute. How did the performance look back when the song originally came out? I thought the discussion was over?

I'm confused by what you mean here?

And I decided to continue the discussion  :fan:  :smh:

high heeled fem

The fans that say she can't be an icon, cuz she hasn't been on the scene long enough... :roll:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived