đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Some of you don't realize that gaga is already an ICON

MoneyFameSex

Featured Posts

Disregard

First of all I didn't call you a pressed Madonna stan, I just said you're argument sounded a lot like the arguments made by those people about Gaga-that Gaga is a recycled Madonna for the next generation. And here you are saying the same thing about Britney. Something is wrong about that. Both were clearly different than Madonna. And you saying Britney didn't have any artistry is just YOUR opinion. Art is subjective, and many others don't think that. Britney does have an artistry, and her music and image is quite interesting and nice imo. It's just that you are biased for Gaga and ripping on Britney and you fail to see that.

You couldn't be more off base. Have you seen me ripping Gaga in my posts lately? I'm not "biased for Gaga." I think she has totally dropped the ball the past two eras and I let that be known with nearly every comment. Yes, you did try to call me a pressed Madonna stan, don't try to pretend that your comment meant anything but that exact sentiment. I will not entertain any notion that there is a hint of artistry in Britney's output because even her fans know that it's a lie, no matter how much they lie to themselves and attempt to save face in their internet comments.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gov Hooka

You couldn't be more off base. Have you seen me ripping Gaga in my posts lately? I'm not "biased for Gaga." I think she has totally dropped the ball the past two eras and I let that be known with nearly every comment. Yes, you did try to call me a pressed Madonna stan, don't try to pretend that your comment meant anything but that exact sentiment. I will not entertain any notion that there is a hint of artistry in Britney's output because even her fans know that it's a lie, no matter how much they lie to themselves and attempt to save face in their internet comments.

I'm done here. That's just your opinion about Britney. Artistry comes in all forms, and Gaga's being deemed higher than Britney's in your eyes is just your opinion and not fact. And let me make it clear, I did not call you a pressed Madonna stan, I merely stated that you're argument was reminiscent of what they say about Gaga. 

And congratulations, you love to complain about Gaga constantly. Congrats!

Disregard

How someone is going to disregard Britney as a Legend is beyond me. Britney has paved the way for girls like Miley Cyrus & Selena Gomez. Even they admit it. What they are doing today is, what Britney did 10 years ago.

No she didn't. That's just the ignorance of Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez. They are influenced by the girls that came before her and actually allowed her to do the things that she did. They're just too young to know any better that they've actually been influenced by the second hand thrift store version of the women who actually opened the doors for them.

I'm done here. That's just your opinion about Britney.

That's not my commentary about Britney, it's my commentary about Gaga. Your reading comprehension sucks.

Gov Hooka

That's not my commentary about Britney, it's my commentary about Gaga. Your reading comprehension sucks.

You're ridiculous. You're going to start taking stabs at stupid things now that your argument is lacking. I quote you, "I will not entertain any notion that there is a hint of artistry in Britney's output because even her fans know that it's a lie, no matter how much they lie to themselves and attempt to save face in their internet comments. No, Britney never made her artistry ANYTHING, because she doesn't have any artistry"

Not about Britney huh? So you're going to take stabs at my intelligence when you are the one lacking any.

Disregard

You're ridiculous. You're going to start taking stabs at stupid things now that your argument is lacking. I quote you, "I will not entertain any notion that there is a hint of artistry in Britney's output because even her fans know that it's a lie, no matter how much they lie to themselves and attempt to save face in their internet comments. No, Britney never made her artistry ANYTHING, because she doesn't have any artistry"

Not about Britney huh? So you're going to take stabs at my intelligence when you are the one lacking any.

Literally nothing you say makes sense. When did I say anything about how my comments were not about Britney? My argument is lacking? You haven't given me a counterpoint for anything I've said other than the typical "you must be a Madonna stan" and "you're just a deluded Gaga apologist." 

Gov Hooka

Literally nothing you say makes sense. When did I say anything about how my comments were not about Britney? My argument is lacking? You haven't given me a counterpoint for anything I've said other than the typical "you must be a Madonna stan" and "you're just a deluded Gaga apologist." 

Are you for real?

I quote you, "That's not my commentary about Britney, it's my commentary about Gaga. Your reading comprehension sucks."

Please read what I posted earlier because I am not the ignorant idiot you cast me off to be to say things like that. Okay?

My main argument is that you are denying Britney's status as iconic by your notion of her simply only doing things that Madonna did in the past. People (many do) can say the same thing about Gaga but you claim that Britney's artistry is nonexistent. That comment is rooted in ignorance for your failure to realize that that is only your opinion and fundamentally art and artistry is subjective, and millions others don't deny Britney's artistry as seen by her album sales. 

Disregard

Are you for real?

I quote you, "That's not my commentary about Britney, it's my commentary about Gaga. Your reading comprehension sucks."

Please read what I posted earlier because I am not the ignorant idiot you cast me off to be to say things like that. Okay?

My main argument is that you are denying Britney's status as iconic by your notion of her simply only doing things that Madonna did in the past. People (many do) can say the same thing about Gaga but you claim that Britney's artistry is nonexistent. That comment is rooted in ignorance for your failure to realize that that is only your opinion and fundamentally art and artistry is subjective, and millions others don't deny Britney's artistry as seen by her album sales. 

Let me break it down for you: My commentary that was not about Britney was when I said that I have plenty of criticism for Gaga, which discredits your comment that I'm just a stan in Gaga's pocket. I never said Britney wasn't iconic. In fact, I actually said she WAS iconic, just for the wrong reasons. She's not a music icon, she's a tabloid and pop culture icon.

Gov Hooka

Let me break it down for you: My commentary that was not about Britney was when I said that I have plenty of criticism for Gaga, which discredits your comment that I'm just a stan in Gaga's pocket. I never said Britney wasn't iconic. In fact, I actually said she WAS iconic, just for the wrong reasons. She's not a music icon, she's a tabloid and pop culture icon.

You're still incredibly rude, and I'm over this.

And when the hell did I ever say that, you are putting words in my mouth. Buh bye.

tumblr_mnwuhyCfdJ1sqpycdo1_500.gif

Disregard

that is the defining characteristic of being iconic though. How else can someone be seen as a great unless others recognize it as well, otherwise any person could be a great with no success.

Success and greatness is not synonymous with iconic and certainly not with the title of legend. Jessica Simpson could be considered iconic for being a well-documented dumbass. She's been very successful. Honey Boo Boo, Kate Gosselin, the list goes on and on. Have they exhibited greatness? 17skjl.jpg

Gov Hooka

Success and greatness is not synonymous with iconic and certainly not with the title of legend. Jessica Simpson could be considered iconic for being a well-documented dumbass. She's been very successful. Honey Boo Boo, Kate Gosselin, the list goes on and on. Have they exhibited greatness? 17skjl.jpg

Greatness as determined by who, You? In the end it's just your opinion. The bare minimum requirement for being iconic is success-a high degree of it at that. Give me one example that says otherwise.

Gov Hooka

Show me where Britney had an impact on the industry? She was only doing what Madonna and Janet Jackson had already done on a much bigger and better level. The only people who think Britney changed anything are the ones who are too young to remember the originals. If Gaga herself was inspired by Britney than in actuality she was inspired by those women who came before her and actually provided the blueprint.

The years 1999-2004 and most music events come into play. And that's not including the Circus/Femme Fatale era

And Britney did things but made it her own. You are dismissing and casting her off by saying she was doing what Madonna and Janet did before. Britney does have her own identity, it's not a pretty/pure one-but she was the first "less" talented pop star to make great, well done pop music and music videos/shows etc.

Disregard

Greatness as determined by who, You? In the end it's just your opinion. The bare minimum requirement for being iconic is success-a high degree of it at that. Give me one example that says otherwise.

I don't even think you know what you're arguing against at this point. Literally nobody in this thread has said that Britney, Gaga, or whoever weren't icons. My original point was that the title of "icon" is meaningless because any talentless hack can achieve it. The true measure of impact is when you are universally acknowledged as a legend. At which point none of the current girls are even close.

The years 1999-2004 and most music events come into play. And that's not including the Circus/Femme Fatale era

And like I already said, Britney in those peak years did absolutely nothing that wasn't already done, and did nothing but walk through doors that were already wide open. She changed nothing.

Gov Hooka

I don't even think you know what you're arguing against at this point. Literally nobody in this thread has said that Britney, Gaga, or whoever weren't icons. My original point was that the title of "icon" is meaningless because any talentless hack can achieve it. The true measure of impact is when you are universally acknowledged as a legend. At which point none of the current girls are even close.

And like I already said, Britney in those peak years did absolutely nothing that wasn't already done, and did nothing but walk through doors that were already wide open. She changed nothing.

You denied that Britney was a music icon. I'm in disagreement with you there. The whole Britney image created well made pop music. I'm not the only one who thinks so either, the sales of her albums can prove that. It's just your opinion of her and her music that is preventing you from seeing it from an objective standpoint.

Nothing that was already done? There's a reason why she took off like an engine. She was innovative in a different way. If she had done something that had been done before, then why would people want more of her? She made it her own, that's why. The "Britney" image arose from the innocent Catholic school girl in the Baby one more time video to the iconic toxic video. Not to mention her performances in the 2000 and 2001 VMAs. To say that she changed nothing is extremely unfair. Like you said Gaga acknowledged and was inspired by her, obviously for a reason. Art grows on the past, it's not just a carbon copy of the past.-To think the contrary is just ignorant. Madonna and Janet borrowed from people before them, and so on so forth.

Disregard

You denied that Britney was a music icon. I'm in disagreement with you there. The whole Britney image created well made pop music. I'm not the only one who thinks so either, the sales of her albums can prove that. It's just your opinion of her and her music that is preventing you from seeing it from an objective standpoint.

Nothing that was already done? There's a reason why she took off like an engine. She was innovative in a different way. If she had done something that had been done before, then why would people want more of her? She made it her own, that's why. The "Britney" image arose from the innocent Catholic school girl in the Baby one more time video to the iconic toxic video. Not to mention her performances in the 2000 and 2001 VMAs. To say that she changed nothing is extremely unfair. Like you said Gaga acknowledged and was inspired by her, obviously for a reason. Art grows on the past, it's not just a carbon copy of the past.-To think the contrary is just ignorant. Madonna and Janet borrowed from people before them, and so on so forth.

Because the majority of the people who supported her were too young to remember what came before. It's the same reason Monsters think Gaga is the most innovative and epic artist ever. They weren't around to see anything before that.

Madonna and Janet may have taken inspiration from artists before them, but they were literally the catalysts for the modern popstar that we see today. They truly made it their own, and not only gave us hits, but also had something to say. Britney has never stood for anything.

Gov Hooka

Because the majority of the people who supported her were too young to remember what came before. It's the same reason Monsters think Gaga is the most innovative and epic artist ever. They weren't around to see anything before that.

And it's the same for the stans of Madonna and Janet. Can't you see that things develop based off of what has happened previously. No one truly does it for themselves, they borrow from the past but at the same time they make it their own. Madonna, Britney, and Gaga included.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived