💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Some of you don't realize that gaga is already an ICON

MoneyFameSex

Featured Posts

Cameron1012

she's a talented girl. but i still dont think so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_icon

if going by wikipedia's definition...i disagree some bit, although they list her & rihanna as icons. 

the girl has definitely been iconic, and had iconic works of art, but to list her as an icon is to put her in the same magnitude as the other socially defined icons, which just isn't up to yet. 

and rihanna...i still dont understand why she was given the icon award. it felt so nonsensical. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pierre

She's an icon and she can be every icon. :queenga:

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

She is an icon, but she is going to be a legend after performing for THE FIRST TIME EVER ON HISTORY on space.

Yesssss!

she's a talented girl. but i still dont think so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_icon

if going by wikipedia's definition...i disagree some bit, although they list her & rihanna as icons. 

the girl has definitely been iconic, and had iconic works of art, but to list her as an icon is to put her in the same magnitude as the other socially defined icons, which just isn't up to yet. 

and rihanna...i still dont understand why she was given the icon award. it felt so nonsensical. 

She's not yet a legend, but she's for sure a pop icon. 

Yesssss!

:party:

Disregard

Of course she's an icon, but that's a worthless title. The real measure of an artist with impact is when they become a legend. For example: Britney Spears is a tabloid icon but will never be a legend because nobody but her stans will ever take her seriously as an artist. She has had no impact on music. Rihanna is pop culture icon because of the Chris Brown incident, but no matter how many number ones she gets, she'll never be an important figure in music history. She'll forever be a Star magazine legend though.

Of all the current pop girls, Gaga is the only one who has the chance to cement her status as a legend, because she's the only one with talent, relevance, and personal involvement. She's messing the whole thing up at the moment though.

LordDisick

One doesn't become "Legend" in 5 years of being in the industry. It takes longer than a decade with consistent success & growth, artistically speaking!

Beyonce has been in the game for 15 years and she is just now being regarded as a Legend. So obviously, Gaga has a while before she will be called a "Legend". 

theres not a rule book for legends in the making sis  :rofl:

also, lets not compare different artist who sing different music

its obvious gaga has had a huge impact in such a short time, other celebs and people are already speak of her as such, so whats the argument that she isnt?

Gov Hooka

It's all so subjective though. When I see Mozart and Michael Jackson on the pop icons list next to Gaga then I disagree. If I see Britney/Christina/Rihanna on the list with Gaga then I agree.

Of course she's an icon, but that's a worthless title. The real measure of an artist with impact is when they become a legend. For example: Britney Spears is a tabloid icon but will never be a legend because nobody but her stans will ever take her seriously as an artist. She has had no impact on music. Rihanna is pop culture icon because of the Chris Brown incident, but no matter how many number ones she gets, she'll never be an important figure in music history. She'll forever be a Star magazine legend though.

Of all the current pop girls, Gaga is the only one who has the chance to cement her status as a legend, because she's the only one with talent, relevance, and personal involvement. She's messing the whole thing up at the moment though.

Now that is just plain wrong and untruthful. Same with Britney. Objectively, their music resonated well with millions of people (more than Gaga) and have impacted music regardless of what you think.

Relevance is determined by consistent sales and chart performance/public perception. As much as us fans like to say **** the charts, they determine legend status.

Cameron1012

She's not yet a legend, but she's for sure a pop icon. 

:party:

no i understand shes not a legend, but idk i also don't completely agree with people seeing icons as lesser versions of legends....but then again im a definition nazi, for some reason to me she doesn't seem iconic. idk

i always have weird feelings when it comes to labeling her iconic, or even imagining her becoming a legend(which i really cant see happening). there's just something about her i can't put my finger on...

One doesn't become "Legend" in 5 years of being in the industry. It takes longer than a decade with consistent success & growth, artistically speaking!

Beyonce has been in the game for 15 years and she is just now being regarded as a Legend. So obviously, Gaga has a while before she will be called a "Legend". 

Exactly... or unfortunately with death at an early peak (like Janis Joplin, James Dean, Jimi Hendrix, etc). She has awhile to go before we can start debating if she has legend status, but she's certainly an icon.

GagaSlayedYou

Seeing Mozart next to MJ, or other modern artist is ABSOLUTELY stupid, tho. There's no comparision between them.

But, I could put MJ, Madonna, next to Gaga. But, I would NEVER put Gaga on the same level than Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, or others.

(IMO, obviously)

Gov Hooka

Seeing Mozart next to MJ, or other modern artist is ABSOLUTELY stupid, tho. There's no comparision between them.

But, I could put MJ, Madonna, next to Gaga. But, I would NEVER put Gaga on the same level than Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin, or others.

(IMO, obviously)

Disagree with your opinion. Mozart single-handedly changed the direction of music, as did Mozart and Beethoven. I feel like you're only giving them more credit because they are classical composers from the 18th century.

Disregard

It's all so subjective though. When I see Mozart and Adam Jackson on the pop icons list next to Gaga then I disagree. If I see Britney/Christina/Rihanna on the list with Gaga then I agree.

Now that is just plain wrong and untruthful. Same with Britney. Objectively, their music resonated well with millions of people (more than Gaga) and have impacted music regardless of what you think.

Relevance is determined by consistent sales and chart performance/public perception. As much as us fans like to say **** the charts, they determine legend status.

Show me where Britney had an impact on the industry? She was only doing what Madonna and Janet Jackson had already done on a much bigger and better level. The only people who think Britney changed anything are the ones who are too young to remember the originals. If Gaga herself was inspired by Britney than in actuality she was inspired by those women who came before her and actually provided the blueprint.

no i understand shes not a legend, but idk i also don't completely agree with people seeing icons as lesser versions of legends....but then again im a definition nazi, for some reason to me she doesn't seem iconic. idk

i always have weird feelings when it comes to labeling her iconic, or even imagining her becoming a legend(which i really cant see happening). there's just something about her i can't put my finger on...

But she IS an icon. I mean she seriously took the world by storm during the years of her debut, and she continues to make her mark! She has not only received more awards than most of her contemporaries who have been in the field for longer but she has had mind blowing single, tour, AND album sales. At some point, she has dominated every field. Not to mention many legends have reached out to her throughout the years to collaborate, in not just music but also fashion.

She is certainly not a legend yet, but she is an icon. She will be remembered and referenced far more than say Katy Perry or Rihanna due to her complete individuality as an artist.

Lady-Gagas-Meat-Dress.jpg

lady_gaga_a.jpg

lady-gaga-AMA-2013-caballo-versace.jpg

:legend:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived